Thread: UK General Election 12 December

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    He's none of that, but you hate him because he's winning and not on your side.

He is bursting with energy and utterly focused. Just look at the discipline of his leadership campaign. It looks like he might manage to pull off a GE win (after 9 years of austere Tory Govt) that would objectively be a hell of an achievement. If he delivers Brexit then he will be the most consequential PM since Thatcher. If you add to that two times winner of the London mayoralty, the man who won the Brexit referendum, then you have the most successful electoral track record since Blair (at least).

That's not a bad record so far - even if he does blow up at some point in the future. (But don't count on it.)
    None of that refutes Loki's points. And I seriously doubt Loki hates him because he's not "on his side". That's quite possibly the weakest argument you could have used.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    None of that refutes Loki's points. And I seriously doubt Loki hates him because he's not "on his side". That's quite possibly the weakest argument you could have used.
    Seems to me that Loki has gone increasingly leftwing for years now and dislikes Brexit.

If Boris was a Lib Dem leader with the same alleged foibles and pro-Remain I don't think Loki would blink an eyelid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    "Get Brexit done" is a possibly the worst of all of the pathetic slogans peddled by our criminal Vote Leave government.

It must surely only appeal to children and those with learning difficulties.

But perhaps I'm being unfair to children.

On another note I've spoken with 2 people recently who say they'll be voting Brexit Party. I asked them if they were comfortable voting for a party with an unelected leader and no manifesto. They were.

Can anyone explain that?
    I'm guessing it's because most people want to see a referendum executed; they know a lack of fulfillment will mean greater entrenchment of the media/policy elite that happens to be anti-Brexit.