Thread: Why is sexism often OK but racism not?

Default Why is sexism often OK but racism not?

To be absolutely crystal clear I think both are clearly evil but let's examine the issue and what I say to be a massive form of hypocrisy in modern society.

Should renters be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race? For example a listing, "Looking for roommates, must be Asian." If that isn't allowed then should a similar listing "Looking for roommates, must be female" also be banned?

Why should certain institutions such as prison be segregated by gender? I believe the argument goes something along the lines of inmate safety but under that notion would it then be acceptable to segregate prisoners by race if a study could prove it decreased prisoner on prisoner assaults?

Insurance wise (any sort, dwelling, auto, health) - should people be charged differently based on their gender profile? Racial profile? Should this entirely be banned? And if not what is the logically consistent argument to do it in some cases but not others?

Recently on social media someone suggested that men at conventions should not enter elevators if there is a lone woman inside. Seems blatantly sexist but very few people had an issue with it. Could you imagine if they had replaced men with a racial group?

Up for discussion - should society view sexism and racism as the same sort of evil or do you think they are different and if so why?

You already made this thread Lewk. Go bump the old one.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Same energy if a study was done replacing a gender with a race?
    Does the study include the same context of injurious and invidious discrimination on that basis, providing support for ethical and legal intervention?

Lewk, quit the shell game. You go on and on about how the only thing necessary is to be colorblind but you've demonstrated repeatedly that you're certainly not colorblind. You're racist and invidiously discriminatory yourself. You may lie to yourself and us about it but we've all been talking with each other for 15-20 years, the pattern in your own attitudes and judgements is clear.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Does the study include the same context of injurious and invidious discrimination on that basis, providing support for ethical and legal intervention?

Lewk, quit the shell game. You go on and on about how the only thing necessary is to be colorblind but you've demonstrated repeatedly that you're certainly not colorblind. You're racist and invidiously discriminatory yourself. You may lie to yourself and us about it but we've all been talking with each other for 15-20 years, the pattern in your own attitudes and judgements is clear.
    The study is hypothetical.

As for myself I'm actually against government mandated racism, something that most of the board is in favor for so your childish accusation is absurd.

The study is hypothetical.

As for myself I'm actually against government mandated racism, something that most of the board is in favor for so your childish accusation is absurd.
    Right. Because affirmative action is the only kind of racism in existence. You don't like people of color Lewk. You get outraged by them more easily, stay mad about what they do longer, and exult in their deaths more. You have a demonstrated pattern of behavior You are a racist. It may well be your hostility to affirmative action is in fact rooted in your subconscious antipathy for people who don't share your own skin tone, despite the lies you tell yourself to rationalize your positions.

Right. Because affirmative action is the only kind of racism in existence. You don't like people of color Lewk. You get outraged by them more easily, stay mad about what they do longer, and exult in their deaths more. You have a demonstrated pattern of behavior You are a racist. It may well be your hostility to affirmative action is in fact rooted in your subconscious antipathy for people who don't share your own skin tone, despite the lies you tell yourself to rationalize your positions.
    Oh really now, probably the person I've leveled the most vitriol at over the course of talking about politics online has been Roman Polanski who shares the same skin tone that I have. A person I believe a good chunk of the board defended because they sympathize with child rapists who have the right politics.

But of course as *always* what's good for the goose is good for the gander Fuzzy. What is the skin tone of the politicians and cultural figures that you have mostly repeatedly bashed? Because unlike Tumblr and Gender Studies Academia type tards, you can in fact be racist against white people.

As for myself I'm actually against government mandated racism, something that most of the board is in favor for
    Already disproven once before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Oh really now, probably the person I've leveled the most vitriol at over the course of talking about politics online has been Roman Polanski who shares the same skin tone that I have. A person I believe a good chunk of the board defended because they sympathize with child rapists who have the right politics.
    Actually, you've already directed more at Smolliet in just this year than you've directed at Polanski over the last 15 of posting here and on Atari. Which I don't think is a coincidence.

Why don't you tell me which politicians and cultural figures I spend much time bashing at all, Lewk? I bash Trump yeah, but for the most part I don't target specific people in the public eye (as opposed to things like policies or organizations). Are you going to claim the GOP as "white"? Or am I racist against white people because I bash you? Let me ask you Lewk. Say I was racist the way you allege. Am I injuriously and invidiously racist?

Actually, you've already directed more at Smolliet in just this year than you've directed at Polanski over the last 15 of posting here and on Atari. Which I don't think is a coincidence.

Why don't you tell me which politicians and cultural figures I spend much time bashing at all, Lewk? I bash Trump yeah, but for the most part I don't target specific people in the public eye (as opposed to things like policies or organizations). Are you going to claim the GOP as "white"? Or am I racist against white people because I bash you? Let me ask you Lewk. Say I was racist the way you allege. Am I injuriously and invidiously racist?
    I think I've made one thread on Juicy.

And I think as usual you mistake my point. If someone slams people who happen to share a similar trait for other issues that aren't about that trait it doesn't make them racist or sexist. If I insult 3 female politicians it doesn't make me sexist against female politicians. If you insult 3 males politicians it doesn't make you sexist against male politicians. Ditto for race, orientation, religion etc.