Thread: The world is tiny compared to the universe

Default The world is tiny compared to the universe

I realize we have several threads about Trump but we may need to have a more focused conversation about how inane POTUS is - and how fucking weird it is that so many people appear to think his stupidity is okay in a President.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

They're content with his stupidity because he's giving them what they want: Bread and circuses.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    They're content with his stupidity because he's giving them what they want: Bread and circuses.
    Fair point, but could they also be... dumb?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Fair point, but could they also be... dumb?
    Dumber than shit, and greedy as hell.

I'm just going come out and say it, since no else will; has a witch cast a spell on America?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

They weren't really writing his exact words. Though I find that Trump speaking often makes less sense when written down because he has weird emphases and speaks with some kind of verbal ellipsis. But the clip makes it pretty clear what he's saying:

1) Wind farms are made primarily in China, and the production emits huge amounts of carbon.
    2) They disrupt visual and avian ecosystems

We can debate those points all day, but it's not that hard to understand what he's saying. He just says things in a weird, digressive way. But the way he articulates things isn't really the reason why he's going to lose votes (including from me).

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    They weren't really writing his exact words. Though I find that Trump speaking often makes less sense when written down because he has weird emphases and speaks with some kind of verbal ellipsis.
    I highly doubt any marginally sane person would exhibit such "weird emphases."

He just says things in a weird, digressive degenerative way.
    But the way he articulates things isn't really the reason why he's going to lose votes (including from me).
    Yeah, about that. If your grandfather was spewing incoherent diarrhea, that surely would be a cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I'm just going come out and say it, since no else will; has a witch cast a spell on America?
    We're in an ancestor simulation. Somebody thought it'd be funny to see how things would turn out if that Trump guy they'd read about once had become President. Hopefully they'll get bored and shut us off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    We're in an ancestor simulation. Somebody thought it'd be funny to see how things would turn out if that Trump guy they'd read about once had become President. Hopefully they'll get bored and shut us off soon.
    My sister's theory is that the Cubs winning the World Series knocked us off the timeline, so now pretty much anything goes.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    My sister's theory is that the Cubs winning the World Series knocked us off the timeline, so now pretty much anything goes.
    Temple of Doom?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Temple of Doom?
    I had to look this up.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    I highly doubt any marginally sane person would exhibit such "weird emphases."
    63 million votes suggest not-insane. Perhaps not-right, but not insane.