Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
I think you both are missing the obvious which is that while fanatical to be sure, both Bernie and Yang's support pale in comparison to Trump. Remember, he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose a vote.

And I'm starting to think that is true.
I was speaking in the context of winning the primary. It was relevant because that kind of loyalty leads to a higher participation rate in activism, and since Bernie and Yang both skew heavily towards the demographics that are already inclined towards activism, the compounding effect means their respective supporter groups can be valuable assets. Also, loyalty like that doesn't come from nowhere. Everybody already knows all about Trump, but Bernie and Yang don't have the same level of penetration into the public consciousness yet, and if they can inspire that kind of loyalty in the supporters they already have, they've got something going for them that makes their message able to stick in people who hear it. It implies they should have less than normal resistance to spreading that message. Trump's President now, so he has less room to grow and he's probably already near his cap as far as spreading his message goes. I'm also not sure how much energy his supporters have left, even if I don't doubt their continued stubborn loyalty. But yeah, he had the same thing going for him in 2016.

Honestly though, I think that barring gross incompetence, anyone who was on the debate stage on Wednesday could beat Trump in the general.