Thread: Emojis

Default Emojis

Is there a reason why generic emojis that can be accessed from keyboards nowadays via either phones or Windows don't work here? ��*♂️

Can they be made to work? ��

EDIT: Hmm it didn't work when I tried in a post previously so I deleted it. Tried now, and it sort of worked but the shrugging shoulders emoji I put up has changed colour and had an asterisk and male symbol I didn't type added afterwards.
    EDIT 2: And now they're gone completely and been replaced by double question marks in diamonds which is what I saw previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Is there a reason why generic emojis that can be accessed from keyboards nowadays via either phones or Windows don't work here? ��*♂️

Can they be made to work? ��

EDIT: Hmm it didn't work when I tried in a post previously so I deleted it. Tried now, and it sort of worked but the shrugging shoulders emoji I put up has changed colour and had an asterisk and male symbol I didn't type added afterwards.
    EDIT 2: And now they're gone completely and been replaced by double question marks in diamonds which is what I saw previously.
    It likely has to do with the format that the forum database stores the post data.

I think Enoch's right - I believe this version of the forum code only supports ASCII, and the emojis you're talking about need UTF support. I'll try to get a move on that forum upgrade I started six months ago, and maybe we'll pick up support with the newer version of VB.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I think Enoch's right - I believe this version of the forum code only supports ASCII, and the emojis you're talking about need UTF support. I'll try to get a move on that forum upgrade I started six months ago, and maybe we'll pick up support with the newer version of VB.
    Absolutely no rush Wraith but wondering if you were still planning this or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I've been planning it for years! One day I'll actually do it.

I've actually been super busy lately, but I'll put something on my calendar for this weekend to hopefully remind me to make time for it.