Thread: Emojis

Default Emojis

Is there a reason why generic emojis that can be accessed from keyboards nowadays via either phones or Windows don't work here? ��*♂️

Can they be made to work? ��

EDIT: Hmm it didn't work when I tried in a post previously so I deleted it. Tried now, and it sort of worked but the shrugging shoulders emoji I put up has changed colour and had an asterisk and male symbol I didn't type added afterwards.
    EDIT 2: And now they're gone completely and been replaced by double question marks in diamonds which is what I saw previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Is there a reason why generic emojis that can be accessed from keyboards nowadays via either phones or Windows don't work here? ��*♂️

Can they be made to work? ��

EDIT: Hmm it didn't work when I tried in a post previously so I deleted it. Tried now, and it sort of worked but the shrugging shoulders emoji I put up has changed colour and had an asterisk and male symbol I didn't type added afterwards.
    EDIT 2: And now they're gone completely and been replaced by double question marks in diamonds which is what I saw previously.
    It likely has to do with the format that the forum database stores the post data.

I think Enoch's right - I believe this version of the forum code only supports ASCII, and the emojis you're talking about need UTF support. I'll try to get a move on that forum upgrade I started six months ago, and maybe we'll pick up support with the newer version of VB.