Thread: Kevin Clinesmith

Default Kevin Clinesmith

A lot of people on this board regularly follow the news. Without googling his name do you know who he is? Do you know what he did? If you don't that's a pretty damning indictment against the media, isn't it?

Now - if what he is being accused of his true, how many years in prison should he serve?

Where were you when this was done to hundreds (if not thousands) of Muslims?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Example of an FBI lawyer falsely modifying a document for a FISA warrant that impacted a Muslim?

I broadly agree that the FISA process probably has been abused in the past. American civil liberties are important to protect, it would be good if they re-reviewed every FISA warrant issues in the last year and sanction government employees who abused the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Do you ever not answer a question with a question?

That aside, this type of fuckery needs to be punished to the hilt. If this puke thought he could do this in a high profile case imagine if he decides that Loki is a Russian asset, and the ends justify the means.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Do you ever not answer a question with a question?

That aside, this type of fuckery needs to be punished to the hilt. If this puke thought he could do this in a high profile case imagine if he decides that Loki is a Russian asset, and the ends justify the means.
    Loki is perfectly fine with abuse of power by the government as long as it is directed against Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Loki is perfectly fine with abuse of power by the government as long as it is directed against Republicans.
    I doubt that. He is just reflexively triggered when you post. He counter trolls your trolling.

And both of you kinda suck at it.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

I still haven't seen anything to suggest this isn't "fake news." Lewk insists that the fact it doesn't appear outside of outright conservative media mouthpieces is proof of a left-wing media conspiracy. I think it's proof of overreach by right-wing agitprop. Certainly most actual fake news comes from that direction and Trump et als adoption and push of the idea is mostly Big Lie propaganda.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

The basic story about Clinesmith has been covered by NYT and WPost IIRC. The details are not identical but the basic gist is the same.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

You see how this works? Big Media doesn't cover something extensively because it doesn't fit the narrative they like and sheeple like fuzzy think its fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    The basic story about Clinesmith has been covered by NYT and WPost IIRC. The details are not identical but the basic gist is the same.
    I don't agree that basic gist is the same as what I see "reported" in the material Lewk wants us to be paying attention to.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I think the point of departure is not what Clinesmith did, but the ramifications it had for the legitimacy of the investigation. Obviously those in the Trump camp will raise this (admittedly serious) wrongdoing as a symptom of the broader campaign against the presidency in the deep state. Others see it as a more isolated act where the bulk of the investigation appears to have been professional, apolitical, and predicated on very reasonable concerns.

I think I took your statement to mean you hadn't seen anything about Clinesmith in non fringe press; clearly I misread your intent.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)