Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Republicans—the hymenity

I believe this board is a projection of the Hollywood left.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out what makes him think many people on this forum believe it's okay for an adult to rape a thirteen year old. Even with someone playing devil's advocate re. consent, that sounds like a stretch, and, a priori, the only person I'd expect to sincerely argue in favour of adults preying on 13-year-olds is the Evangelical misogynist creep that defended Roy Moore. Is Lewk breaking with his Evangelical pro-child-molesting roots? Or is he just making an exception for Polanski because he's some sort of confused 30-y-o boomer who thinks liberals are in love with Polanski?
    Trying to find the old thread and not having much luck but I did find this one:

http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...light=polanski

"I recall some people here openly defending Polanski before. Couldn't recall if you were one of them." -Loki (2011)

And then Nessus replied "I was"

An alt-right member with extreme views, who doesn't even post here anymore, is your idea of "many" liberal folks here. O-kay
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I recall arguing with several people but I don't remember the details - my point was I'm not making this up, others remember several people defending Polanski.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I recall arguing with several people but I don't remember the details - my point was I'm not making this up, others remember several people defending Polanski.
    I remember the details. They weren't defending Polanski, they were defending the interests of the victim who said she did not want the prosecution carried forward, that she'd put what happened behind her and wanted the state to do the same rather than making her go through and over it all again and again. Which, of course, conflicted with your need to feed that addiction of yours.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Shhh.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I remember the details. They weren't defending Polanski, they were defending the interests of the victim who said she did not want the prosecution carried forward, that she'd put what happened behind her and wanted the state to do the same rather than making her go through and over it all again and again. Which, of course, conflicted with your need to feed that addiction of yours.
    Nah I recall people saying that she consented and while it was bad it wasn't "that bad." Basically parroting the line Whoopi Goldberg used saying it wasn't "Rape Rape" as if a 13 year old child can consent. (To say nothing about the fact that she was drugged).

Also she doesn't have to do shit in order for Polanski to be prosecuted, that was and is a convenient excuse not to prosecute a child rapist.

I'd be surprised if more than one person said it shouldn't be severely punished, so I think you've confused yourself.

Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of things I have absolutely zero patience for:

* Ostensible "liberals" who make excuses for sexual abusers. I don't think anyone on here was defending Polanski, but there are other examples out there. CK Louis, for example still has his defenders. It happens. Al Franken had excuses made for him. I have nothing but contempt for it.
    * People who's sole interest in bringing up these cases is not some genuine care for the victims, but because they think it's some kind of "gotcha" for liberals. I see you, shitheads.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

* Ostensible "liberals" who make excuses for sexual abusers. I don't think anyone on here was defending Polanski, but there are other examples out there. CK Louis, for example still has his defenders. It happens. Al Franken had excuses made for him. I have nothing but contempt for it.
    * People who's sole interest in bringing up these cases is not some genuine care for the victims, but because they think it's some kind of "gotcha" for liberals. I see you, shitheads.
    Punishing people harshly for abusing children means less children will be abused in the future. I'm for harsh mandatory sentencing laws on child rape. Are you?

And yes I bring up the Polanski case frequently because he was defended by SO MANY liberals in the media and entertainment industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

For a minute then I thought you were referring to CS Lewis and I thought "he's been dead over 50 years why would anyone be trying to tarnish him"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

CS Lewis Tweeted bad things and now he has to be cancelled

I don't think there's any Twitter in Wonderland but its certainly Though the Looking Glass.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't think there's any Twitter in Wonderland but its certainly Though the Looking Glass.
    CS Lewis != Lewis Carroll.

CS Lewis was clearly the reincarnation of Lewis Carroll. They were both English, both noted Anglicans, both wrote some children's lit, and CS Lewis was born less than a year after Carroll died.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Well a lot of SJWs would dislike him for a variety of reasons including this quote:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

He said while applauding intrusive surveillance of Muslims, extraordinary rendition, torture, and state killings. Get bent you goddamn' tool.

Monitoring public facebook posts by people with jihadist tenancies is intrusive surveillance? I also find the idea of American citizens subject to rendition and torture to be abhorrent and shouldn't be allowed. And are you referring to the Obama drone strike on an American citizen? Because I don't recall supporting that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    CS Lewis != Lewis Carroll.
    Indeed. Took the mistaken identity lark a bit far.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Indeed. Took the mistaken identity lark a bit far.
    I thought maybe you were just a little tired and emotional on account of the New Year's celebrations.

Steely meant Louis CK

We knew that, he wrote that. It was me that brought up CS Lewis.

Wow. I'm disappointed you guys took a pause on this lunacy. I can't figure out what's more stupid - everything (almost) Lewk posts, or the time and energy everyone else puts into rebutting/ ridiculing him and his posts. One would think, after all this time, that.... nah, forget it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Punishing people harshly for abusing children means less children will be abused in the future. I'm for harsh mandatory sentencing laws on child rape. Are you?
    Yes, because that's a just punishment. Your 'deterrent' theories are still bullshit, however.

And yes I bring up the Polanski case frequently because he was defended by SO MANY liberals in the media and entertainment industry.
    Roy Moore.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Roy Moore (if I recall correctly) denied any sort of child rape. Polanski admitted it. There's a key difference, some people didn't think Bill Cosby was a rapist until a lot more people came forward. Defending someone you may think is innocent is a far cry from defending someone who is 100% guilty.

Roy Moore (if I recall correctly) denied any sort of child rape. Polanski admitted it. There's a key difference, some people didn't think Bill Cosby was a rapist until a lot more people came forward. Defending someone you may think is innocent is a far cry from defending someone who is 100% guilty.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8047246.html

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. “There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

In the Bible, Mary is the mother of Jesus, and Joseph became her husband. Beliefs about the specific story of Joseph and Mary and Jesus' birth vary widely in Christian history and across traditions. Mary is referred to in scripture as a virgin, but there is disagreement about what that means. Generally, however, Christians believe that Mary was a virgin when he was born. Joseph is usually referred to as Jesus' “father” or a father figure.

Also? This guy was a GOP, the national, main stream right-of-center party of the USA, candidate for senator for the state of Alabama, which is a whole ass state. A state is the top level political unitary division of the USA, and because of their small number and high degree of autonomy, a state senator is a considerably more important position than most elected representatives in other, comparable democracies. The president of the United States, also a republican, happily and publicly endorsed this man, and it wasn't like a form endorsement either. He was right behind him.

So, don't sit there and pretend that deep concern about the victims of childhood sexual abuse or calling out hypocrisy of people who make excuses for abusers because it's politically expedient when all you had to say about this when it we went over it back in 2017 was 'durrr, well maybe the Alabamans still voting for this guy really don't think he's guilty".
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come