Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football

Superb for Liverpool.

What a season. And I'm glad covid didn't prevent them from seeing it through properly, with an anti-climactic victory by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Time to cancel the season.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I thought you were a United fan, do you not want to try and climb into the Top 4?

I like Klopp's line "we will not defend the title next season, we will attack the next one."

Klopp is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I meant for it to not count at all.
    Hope is the denial of reality

LOL a voiding was never on the table, would have followed the French style where PSG were awarded the title.

Tim looks like Bournemouth are doing everything they can to make sure that West Ham survive. 4-0 home defeat to Newcastle today and I've just seen their remaining fixture list - ouch! United, Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton.

Not a nice run-in for a club in the drop zone.

EDIT: 4-1, they scored after I wrote this. But still, terrible fixture list, West Ham should be able to stay above Bournemouth at least.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 07-01-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Ha. Hammers 3-2 Chelski. 89th minute winner.

3 points clear now of the drop zone, with a much better GD than the bottom 3.

Not safe yet but certainly safer. Remaining fixtures aren't too bad, an away to Man U being the worst.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Yeah you've had your toughest run of fixtures a while back. To have had your toughest run of fixtures and still be clear of the drop zone, while others in the drop zone are entering their tough run - you can't count chickens yet but I'd be mighty surprised if you get overtaken by either Norwich or Bournemouth which leaves just Villa as your main threat.

Ironically the season ends with West Ham v Aston Villa but I expect Villa will have dropped by then. Hopefully Liverpool can help you out on Sunday.

Congratulations for your Hammers surviving.

Glad tonight's Liverpool v Chelsea game plus the trophy presentation afterwards is on free to air. Got it on, first game I'm properly watching on a TV rather than streaming in ages.

That was a very fun trophy celebration all things considered.

I was born when Liverpool were Champions having won just before I was born captained by my namesake (though my parents always say that was a coincidence I don't believe it lol).

Until my eighth birthday they won an additional 5 titles, Everton won 2 titles with just the 1 for Arsenal going outside of Merseyside.

As a boy I thought the question of who would win the league was simply: red or blue?

I never thought it'd take 30 years before the title returned to Merseyside!

Yep great result drawing 1-1 away to Man U.

We're now safe and should have confidence to start the next season well.

~

Leeds up to the Premier League, as are WBA. I don't think WBA have spent many seasons in the Premiership previously?

Brentford, Fulham, Cardiff and Swansea in the playoffs. Living in Twickenham, Brentford are our neighbours so I follow them closely. They're a good side. Not been in the top flight since 1946-1947 season apparently (I had to look that up) so will be cheering them on and hoping they make it up.

I'm glad the proposed Saudi takeover of Newcastle is off. Geordie fans I know are pissed off but as awful as Mike Ashley is the club going to the Saudis is really selling your soul to the devil.