Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Been waiting for that investigation. Slowing the mail during a pandemic, and right before an election (not to mention DeJoy's assets with competing companies) sounds like huge conflicts of interest.

Now...what's this about Republicans working to get Kanye West on the ballot, in a few key states -- in order to take votes from Biden and re-elect Trump?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/opini...lon/index.html

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

For someone who claims he would run into an active shooter situation he does a good bit of running away from female reporters, even for a bunker bitch.

and lewk's dumbass thinks this guy fights
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Trump is definitely one of those guys who loudly proclaims he could kick your ass while standing 20-30 feet away and making no move to close the distance.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Trump is like someone screaming "come and have a go if you think you're tough enough" but only if he's got bigger, tougher mates in front of him - and he still turns tails and runs if anyone does start to move towards him.

He's a cretinous selfish coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Biden just lost my vote.

What a fucking idiot.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Biden just lost my vote.

What a fucking idiot.
    Seriously? You'd rather not vote, or vote third party, because you don't like Harris and/or Biden's choice? They're just not perfect enough....but you're willing to gamble on four more years of Trumpism?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    ...but you're willing to gamble on four more years of Trumpism?
    No gamble. Check my location.

No gamble. Check my location.
    You're saying *you* can afford to "vote your conscience"....because California writ large will make the "better decision", no matter how *you* vote as an individual?

Right, like that worked out so well in 2016 when Trump got elected in the first place.

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Harris would make a good 47th President.
    She is the most Trump-like choice Biden could have made. But you being an unknowing foreigner, I forgive you.

edit: See ^ even Lewk is happy about this unfortunate choice. Seriously, this is worse than McCain's pick.

She is the most Trump-like choice Biden could have made.
    Her name means "orange", but, other than that, she's not particularly Trump-like.

even Lewk is happy about this unfortunate choice. Seriously, this is worse than McCain's pick.
    Lewk is an actual moron. Using him as a benchmark is misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Her name means "orange", but, other than that, she's not particularly Trump-like.
    Let me start a comparison for another unknowing foreigner,

Pretentious
    Unapologetic
    Narcissistic
    Prevaricator

Lewk is an actual moron. Using him as a benchmark is misguided.
    Pretty sure most Trump Republicans are cheering this choice.

Pretentious
    Unapologetic
    Narcissistic
    Prevaricator
    Bullshit.

It's not about me being a foreigner, it's about you being a bullshitter—by the standards of your own electorate.

Pretentious
    Unapologetic
    Narcissistic
    Prevaricator
    Bullshit.

It's not about me being a foreigner, it's about you being a bullshitter—by the standards of your own electorate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K2EeE

Tulsi destroying Kamala will never get old.

[You can skip to the 4 minute mark or start from the beginning with the Biden trashing]

Please substantiate your scorn. Everyone rational I've seen has said it's a good choice.

Why rely on anyone else to guide your decisions. Watch as many interview videos as you can find and make up your own mind.

She seems able to string a coherent sentence together which puts her ahead of Trump, Pence and arguably Biden too.

RB, Being's hyperbole aside, it's certainly true that Harris is a flawed albeit obvious choice. She has quite of bit of baggage from her time as a prosecutor and attorney general, and her time in the Senate was marked by more grandstanding for the cameras than solid policymaking. She is an adequate but hardly exceptional campaigner.

I don't think she was a bad choice, but I think she's not a fantastic one either. The issue is that many of the other choices were equally bad: if you're looking for a woman of color (woman because Biden already committed to it, of color because of the current racial unrest that Trump has handled so poorly), there are only a few prominent options: Susan Rice, Karen Bass, and Stacey Abrams being the biggest ones (I'm not going to mention Demings or Lance Bottoms because frankly they were unlikely options to start with). Rice is problematic because of her time in the Obama administration (don't think for a moment they wouldn't trot out Benghazi again, among other missteps) and because she is frankly not a politician and has no campaigning experience. Bass isn't a bad choice temperamentally but she just doesn't have a national profile and her civil rights associations might be ammunition for opponents (as opposed to Harris, who is of color but can be spun as a 'law and order' candidate, for better or worse). Abrams is pretty inexperienced from either a federal or executive position, and losing a gubernatorial election - albeit in style - is not exactly a sterling qualification.

Harris isn't a slam dunk, but she's a reasonably safe and not awful choice. It's hard to be too excited about her, but to be honest you could say the same about the top of the ticket. But I would be hard pressed to think she would cause the same kind of damage to the ticket that e.g. Palin did to McCain.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post

I don't think she was a bad choice, but I think she's not a fantastic one either. The issue is that many of the other choices were equally bad: if you're looking for a woman of color (woman because Biden already committed to it, of color because of the current racial unrest that Trump has handled so poorly)
    I find it amusing that you think black voters will ignore her record on not prosecuting cops, on aggressively going after small time drug offenses and trying to suppress evidence of innocence of someone on death row... simply because she is a POC. Not saying you are wrong - just that I find it amusing.

Harris will not muster much more black vote than what Biden would get on his own. She is asian.

Harris will not muster much more black vote than what Biden would get on his own. She is asian.
    I'm not sure that you get to decide who is and is not black.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I'm not deciding. Ethnic heritage comes from your mother.

I don't believe bullshitter correctly explains the scorn I express.
    It's bullshit because Harris isn't meaningfully like Trump. You listed a number of arguable descriptors that describe a generic high-profile legislator plus one that is unsubstantiated hyperbole (the case for Trump's pathological narcissism is much, much, much stronger; Harris's, not even a little, even if you're being generous). I understand you're disappointed in the decision, and that it makes you angry, but the criticism you've leveled at her is plainly ridiculous. You can easily find other real and meaningful things to criticize about Harris's record.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I find it amusing that you think black voters will ignore her record on not prosecuting cops, on aggressively going after small time drug offenses and trying to suppress evidence of innocence of someone on death row... simply because she is a POC. Not saying you are wrong - just that I find it amusing.
    If you believe choosing Harris as VP is going to stop a substantial number of black voters from voting for Biden in order to get Trump kicked out, you're an even greater dumbass than I thought—and I already thought of you as one of the dumbest people I've ever had the misfortune of having to engage. They might be critical of her—some likely will—but they'll vote for Biden/Harris nevertheless, if for no other reason than that their antipathy towards Trump—the dumbest, most incompetent and most destructive racist POTUS in living memory—is far, far stronger than any negative feelings they may have towards Harris.

If you believe choosing Harris as VP is going to stop a substantial number of black voters from voting for Biden in order to get Trump kicked out, you're an even greater dumbass than I thought—and I already thought of you as one of the dumbest people I've ever had the misfortune of having to engage. They might be critical of her—some likely will—but they'll vote for Biden/Harris nevertheless, if for no other reason than that their antipathy towards Trump—the dumbest, most incompetent and most destructive racist POTUS in living memory—is far, far stronger than any negative feelings they may have towards Harris.

You find it amusing because you're thick. 1. Many black voters will ignore many aspects of her record not because of her identity but because voters tend to ignore many aspects of a candidate's record. 2. Almost no black voters—including those who deeply disapprove of her record on the issues you mention—will let that sway them from voting for Biden, against Trump—because they believe replacing Trump with Biden is more important. That is not the definition of "ignore", except from the perspective of a dullard who can only hold one thought in his head at a time, on any given issue—and that just barely. Those who know about her record and care about it will nevertheless vote for Biden, even as they criticize her. That would've been the case even if she'd been white—or orange or purple.

Personally I can't stand Harris. And her behavior as a prosecutor and AG here in California are the main reasons why (I pretty much ignored her in the Senate. Because A) I already didn't like her and B) as pointed out she didn't really do anything substantive). It should be noted that it was also all absolutely ordinary for anyone who rose in politics along the prosecutorial track (see Klobuchar) which is why I pretty much hate that entire path in US politics and the politicians who followed it. I'll still vote for her because the other choice is Trump. At least Harris hasn't been busy perverting the criminal process to get away with her OWN crime-spree.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Personally I can't stand Harris. And her behavior as a prosecutor and AG here in California are the main reasons why (I pretty much ignored her in the Senate. Because A) I already didn't like her and B) as pointed out she didn't really do anything substantive). It should be noted that it was also all absolutely ordinary for anyone who rose in politics along the prosecutorial track (see Klobuchar) which is why I pretty much hate that entire path in US politics and the politicians who followed it. I'll still vote for her because the other choice is Trump. At least Harris hasn't been busy perverting the criminal process to get away with her OWN crime-spree.
    You know there is more than two choices right? You don't even live in a swing state, feel free to vote your conscious.