Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Seeing how this is Trump, before I believe anything, I'd like to see it confirmed by an independent second source.
    Yup. It's a sorry state of affairs when you have doubts about something like this.

I had it with Johnson at the time. Not sure I do now but at the time I remember thinking I wouldn't put it past Johnson and Cummings to do something like this for political gain.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Yup. It's a sorry state of affairs when you have doubts about something like this.

I had it with Johnson at the time. Not sure I do now but at the time I remember thinking I wouldn't put it past Johnson and Cummings to do something like this for political gain.
    Would this lead to political gain though? There is the sympathy factor, but I would expect this only points out how irresponsible he behaved, and if he gets really sick as Johnson did, undermine all his comments he made.

Then again I expected a lot of things differently when it comes to Trump and how people think about him and vote..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Would this lead to political gain though? There is the sympathy factor, but I would expect this only points out how irresponsible he behaved, and if he gets really sick as Johnson did, undermine all his comments he made.

Then again I expected a lot of things differently when it comes to Trump and how people think about him and vote..
    Best theory for why he might do this: it would give him an excuse to cry off the other debates. Not sure timeline tracks for the third debate, but still.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

This aged quickly.
    Video unavailable?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

It works, uploader disabled embedding, you have to click through to it

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Not sure if he could fake it or not. But if he could, he would, and he would then say "see, I got it and nothing happened! Democrat hoax!"
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

He just needs to inject some bleach and he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    He just needs to inject some bleach and he'll be fine.
    He could also put a UV lamp up his derriere just to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Not sure if he could fake it or not. But if he could, he would, and he would then say "see, I got it and nothing happened! Democrat hoax!"
    Not to mention an opportunity to "prove" that he was right about the hydroxychloroquine thing he used to tweet about a few months back.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Which is exactly what he's going to do if it's real and he gets through with only mild symptoms (the most likely scenario for most infected already). And he'll believe it himself 100%, since with narcissists like him it's only their own experience which matters.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

these people...

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Which is exactly what he's going to do if it's real and he gets through with only mild symptoms (the most likely scenario for most infected already). And he'll believe it himself 100%, since with narcissists like him it's only their own experience which matters.
    But with his preexisting condition this could ultimately be lethal.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Being taken to Walter Reed hospital in Marine One for "precautionary tests". Heard that one before but it may actually be an abundance of precaution.

It took a week for Boris to go from symptomatic in Downing Street to hospital, then 24 hours to go from hospital to ICU.

BBC implying this is serious - there's a fully equiped medical centre in the White House.

Betfair have suspended their Next President market.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The complete absence of Trump Tweets seems ... odd.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Since your post, Trump's taken a high dose of experimental drugs and now he's hospitalized. I wouldn't put it past him to still try to brush it off as no worse than a mild flu, but there's plenty of ammo to refute him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    But with his preexisting condition this could ultimately be lethal.
    Yeah, as I just said, his preexisting psychological deficit means this is potentially very dangerous for the rest of us. . . oh. You mean for him. Being, this is 2020. The year that won't stop fucking with us. He'll probably recover and insist on nuking China for their act of biological warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The complete absence of Trump Tweets seems ... odd.

That at least is proof that it's not something he's trying to fake for a sympathy bump. You can't pry his phone and his thumbs apart if he's in any semblance of good health.
    Last edited by LittleFuzzy; 10-03-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Evasive and seemingly contradictory answers from Trump's medical team is really making this worse than it needs to be. Two most interesting possibilities are that Trump may have—knowingly!!—been infected longer than they'd let on, and that he might be considerably more ill than they're letting on. I can see them talking themselves into administering the treatments they announced at first under an "it probably won't hurt as much as it might help" rationale—inappropriate overtreatment of VIPs isn't uncommon, esp. in the US—but the news that he was given dexamethasone makes the narrative of him being in an early stage of illness—and only mildly ill—seem less plausible. If I were Trump, I would do my utmost to ensure nobody got any whiff of anything that might want people to invoke the 25th amendment—and, tbh, so would I if I were Pence

That motorcade journey while he's still ill and infectious is the absolute height of irresponsibility.

He did a photoshoot with blank papers, inside a hospital, with zero PPE. This is a reality TV presidency at its peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    how fucking dumb American conservatives are.
    What does that say about the rest of the political establishment?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

With any luck the roids will wear off and the dumbass will collapse during his next debate/public appearance.