Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I'm more concerned about the side-effects of dexamethasone.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/dexamethas...e-effects.html

More common:
    - Aggression
    - irritability
    - mood changes
    [...]
    A wide range of psychiatric reactions including affective disorders (e.g., irritable, euphoric, depressed, labile mood, and suicidal ideation) psychotic reactions (e.g., mania, delusions, hallucinations, aggravation of schizophrenia), behavioral disturbances, irritability, anxiety, sleep disturbances and cognitive dysfunction (e.g., confusion, amnesia) have been reported. These reactions have been reported in adults and children. In adults, the occurrence of severe reactions has been estimated to be about 5% to 6%.[Ref]

Frequency not reported: Depression, affective disorders, anxiety, emotional instability, euphoria, insomnia, mood swings, personality changes, psychic disorders, confusional states, anxiety, abnormal behavior, irritability, aggravated schizophrenia[Ref]
    https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/stat...095398912?s=20
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

How would we tell the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

My personal calculations suggest an 6.753% chance of a presidential fist fight at one of the two remaining debates and this intelligence increases that probability to 7.171%. However, this is still too low to be considered worth actually watching, when weighed against the intrinsic cringe factor of actually listening to Donald Trump speak in person, as well as that of rehearsed political speech in general, time zone difference, the ability to simply watch any fist fights on youtube the next day and other factors so yeah, basically no difference.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

How stupid is this orange idiot? Calling to halt the stimulus talks until after the election. Starting to think he has no intention of doing the remaining debates and just wants to burn it all down before he gets carted off.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Biden should insist on plexiglass between him and Trump next debate.

How stupid is this orange idiot? Calling to halt the stimulus talks until after the election. Starting to think he has no intention of doing the remaining debates and just wants to burn it all down before he gets carted off.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I really don't understand the political calculus on that one. The negations weren't going anywhere anyway, why put the attention on himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I really don't understand the political calculus on that one. The negations weren't going anywhere anyway, why put the attention on himself?
    Why put the attention on himself.

You answered your own question. This IS Trump, after all.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    How would we tell the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

You're Welcome
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Trump understands that many (most?) American conservatives are really fucking stupid:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=73452023

In case you're wondering wtf is going on, here's an explainer and brief history:

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/...es-in-the-dick
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

From GOP leaning Rasmussen ...

Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life
    One of those is true, one of those is false 210,000 times over and counting.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

The polls have gotten to Trump. He's going even more insane than normal.

Which imaginary plot is this?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Increasingly common reports that the Trump campaign has ran out of money and can't afford to buy ads.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ohio-wisconsin

Apparently, there's a 12+ swing among voters over 65 to Biden compared to 2016.

maybe 'kill grandma to save the economy' was not the best idea? idk
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Indeed, though the Seniors started to go off Trump before Covid even came on scene. It certainly hasn't helped though.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...sn-ncna1242672

A lot of those seniors really hated Hillary due to decades of propaganda. They have no reason to dislike a moderate, white 70+ male.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Seniors have been in the GOP column for decades haven't they? It was more than just Hillary.

Its a bit sad going on about 'years of propaganda', people can think for themselves - and the Democrats knew Hillary was unpopular before the primaries and before everyone apart from Sanders decided not to challenge her. Its like the BS of claiming people voted Brexit because of years of propaganda.

Yes, it is like that, in the sense that it's true in both cases. Thank you for being so honest for a change

Easier to blame losing on "sheeples being brainwashed" than putting any thought into what you did wrong still I see.

Easier to blame losing on "sheeples being brainwashed" than putting any thought into what you did wrong still I see.
    It's not a question of blame, it's a question of what kinds of things affect people's knowledge, understanding, reasoning and decisions. Among those things are the information and disinfo they have access to and regularly consume. People don't just "think" inside a vacuum without reading or listening to information. Well, I mean, obviously you do, but most people do not. Propaganda works, that's why so much effort and money is expended on it worldwide, in service of various political ends ranging from genocide to campaigning for elections.

Its like the BS of claiming people voted Brexit because of years of propaganda.
    See how you're switching from putting the blame on years of anti-EU propaganda, where the blame lies with the people spouting the propaganda to blaming the people who are targeted by that propaganda. So you can be all victim like.

The dickheads are the ones who were going: "Oh will you look at this ridiculous rule the EU forces upon us, you can't make this shit up!"
    Well, yes you can, because you just did. Just to get someone to ruffle the newspaper and mutter about the inhumanity of it all (it all being the EU)

The general public (us) can be excused for not digging to the bottom of each claim in order to figure out which ones are true, they have jobs, kids and other stuff occupying their time, and that is what the dickheads are well aware of. You bombard the public with disinformation, and it will stick. Because you have already created an atmosphere similar to what's happening in America with MAGA.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

In principle, RB does not believe there's anything blameworthy about making a dangerously stupid decision on the basis of false information. Except in every situation that isn't related to and can't be associated with Brexit

edit: whoa ... this isn't the Brexit thread.

Copied these posts in the right thread.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Well, Trump held another spreader event. Interviews with attendees were worrying. Covid doesn't exist, or I'm not worried about catching it (only thinking of themselves, not who they might pass it on to.)

What was remarkable is that people said: if Trump told me to wear a mask I would. But Trump doesn't care whether any of them die. Well, he would if they died before November 3rd.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/13/p...ign/index.html

And despite presiding over a botched pandemic response, Trump claimed he had saved millions of lives. After turning his White House into a superspreader that caused multiple infections, the President also criticized Biden for holding socially distanced events in which attendees sit in designated circles."They only have the circles because that's the only way they can fill up the room," the President said, before gazing out at his own large and raucous crowd that contravenes every government recommendation on combating the virus and saying: "These are the real polls."

But medical experts expressed despair at Trump's decision to gather huge crowds during a worsening pandemic, ahead of a swing that Trump aides said Monday would involve multiple rallies each day in the coming weeks.
    "I promise you, the virus is there, whether it is an indoor event or an outdoor event in these large gatherings," said Dr. William Schaffner, professor of health policy and preventive medicine at Vanderbilt University on CNN's Erin Burnett "OutFront," who added that the images of Trump's rally made him "weep.". "Some of those people will become sick, they will spread it to others when they get home and they will become sick. These are accelerator events that promote the distribution of the virus," Schaffner said.
    There are no words.
    Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 10-13-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Biden has a very good team working on his rapid rebuttal etc

This is very good.