Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 1067

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    In order to win you need some of the other parties voters.
    There are more registered democrats than Republicans, and the Republicans have won the popular vote exactly one time in the past 30 years, and arguably only that one time because they had a 'war president'. Democrats do not need Republican voters.

    Hillary lost in part because she made little effort to appeal to Republicans and dismissed people as deplorable.
    What did Trump do to appeal to Dem voters in 2016, exactly? In what way did Bush appeal to Democratic voters?

    Why would you want Biden to move away from a working tactic and morph into a blue Trump?
    Wow, opposition to Trump really is just about aesthetics with you, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy
    Generally speaking, the harder Biden beats him, the better the coat-tail effect and the better the Democrats (also the Left in general, since I realize those are two very different groups to you) will do in the Senate races. For myself, I think there is value in any move that makes things worse for any Republican running in this specific cycle, as a "rub their nose in their mess" type of corrective.
    I can see the logic of this, but 'rub their nose it' correctives don't usually involve giving them a dog biscuit immediately afterwards, to extend the metaphor. This would be confusing to them.
    Who can now look back with a sense of pride?

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski
    Blah blah blah blah blah, all I hear
    This may be why you are wrong constantly.
    Who can now look back with a sense of pride?

  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Yes, because you're illiterate and dumb, in addition to being both a racist and a creepy misogynist. That, however, is not my responsibility. It's not my fault your parents didn't do a good job turning their useless shithead kid into a decent human being with a functioning brain. All I can do is point out that compulsively trying to associate Mexican immigrants with rapists when the vast overwhelming majority of them are not rapists is weird, creepy and racist; that trying to pretend it isn't is dumb; that only caring about rapes when it can be used in service of a racist and xenophobic political agenda—as is the case with you—is probably an indicator of misogyny; that pretending there's something laudable about Trump reluctantly paying lip service to basic norms of decency while actively amplifying racists and employing racist rhetoric is pathetic—and that desperately trying to deflect attention away from the stench of your shit-stained personal politics in this sad, boomer-like manner is just embarrassing. Jfc do you have no dignity left whatsoever? How the fuck do you manage to get yourself to leave your house and look good people in the eye, knowing what an utterly unworthy person you've become?
    When looking at policy decisions you have to look at impacts. Lax border security will increase the number of Americans raped by illegal immigrants. That's a fact. How many rapes is too many for you to continue supporting a policy of lax border security? It shouldn't be hard to answer.

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    When looking at policy decisions you have to look at impacts. Lax border security will increase the number of Americans raped by illegal immigrants. That's a fact. How many rapes is too many for you to continue supporting a policy of lax border security? It shouldn't be hard to answer.
    How many thousands of women and children raped, tortured and murdered are too many for you to continue calling for increasingly cruel immigration policies? It shouldn't be hard to answer.

    The answer to your dumb—just, really, so fucking dumb—question is that rapes are not even tangentially related to a serious discussion about immigration policy—except as an argument for being much more generous in granting asylum to vulnerable groups who are at an extremely great risk of being raped, or tortured, or murdered. It's stupid to think it's a good idea to try to prevent rapes through immigration policy; policies and social/cultural changes aimed at protecting at-risk people—not just from immigrants but in general—may be more effective, as well as changes that increase the likelihood of convictions.

    We both know you support a host of policies as well as features of your society and culture that contribute to many, many more rapes than the number of rapes that can be attributed to immigration policy even by the most fanciful xenophobic moron. Would you like me to associate you with rapists in every statement I make, Lewk? A dull-witted, sociopathic, bloodthirsty, aggressive and creepily misogynistic conservative man is a pretty stereotypical rapist. White Evangelical communities are rife with psychological and sexual abuse, especially of women and children, by the men in their communities and even in their families. Do you want to talk about policies that might help prevent you from raping people? How about a ban on your creepy-ass cult? That oughtta reduce the incidence of rapes far, far more than any immigration policy would. I don't hold campaign speeches, but I'd be happy to bring it up in every post, to make sure the association sticks. Do you think that would be helpful? Do you think it would be fair? Do you think it would be decent, you fucking moron?
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  5. #785
    They can't rape someone here if they aren't here. The difference between an illegal immigrant and a citizen is that a citizen has a right to be here the person breaking the law to cross the border does not. I mean why the hell are you even against border security, really?

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

    I can see the logic of this, but 'rub their nose it' correctives don't usually involve giving them a dog biscuit immediately afterwards, to extend the metaphor. This would be confusing to them.
    Getting a popular Republican governor shifted out of his Blue state and into the Cabinet isn't a biscuit. It's a threat to their continuing hold on the position in that state (yes, I'm aware that the Lieutenant Governor is also GOP. More importantly, the negative effect is more immediate, happens at a more direct level (the polls), and is desired because it impacts a respectively more important area, the Congressional majorities.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  7. #787
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    When looking at policy decisions you have to look at impacts. Lax border security will increase the number of Americans raped by illegal immigrants. That's a fact. How many rapes is too many for you to continue supporting a policy of lax border security? It shouldn't be hard to answer.

    Hey Lewk, you're in favor of reducing/removing some criminal drug offenses, right? And you also don't want to go after cops for things like "excessive force" against accused criminals, correct?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  8. #788
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Hey Lewk, you're in favor of reducing/removing some criminal drug offenses, right? And you also don't want to go after cops for things like "excessive force" against accused criminals, correct?
    Yes I'm in favor of legalizing drugs, treating them much the way we treat alcohol. I am in favor of using a high level of force on criminals arresting arrest. Excessive force being used with a complaint suspect is not something I'm ok with.

  9. #789
    Much better night for Trump. The whole mic mute thing was probably the best thing that could have happened, prevented a repeat of the idiocy of debate #1.

  10. #790
    My favorite part was that after Biden attacked Trump for how he supports racism and white supremacy, the thing that offended Trump was when he was referred to as Abraham Lincoln.

  11. #791
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The fact is he never claimed all Mexicans are rapists. The fact is several illegal immigrants have gone on to rape people.
    No, not some are rapists, some are good people .... he assumes.
    In June 2015, while Trump was a presidential candidate, he said, “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best.”

    He added: “They’re sending people that have a lot of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
    They're rapist Lewk. They're rapist.

    But some are good people, I assume.

    Those people voting for Trump, they're not the best

    They’re people that have a lot of problems. They’re talking bollocks. They’re hypocrites. They’re racists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
    Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 10-23-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

    I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    In more interesting news, conservative dudes are mad because Hunter's dad loves him?
    But they are fine with how Trump talks about his daughter.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

    I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

  13. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Yes I'm in favor of legalizing drugs, treating them much the way we treat alcohol. I am in favor of using a high level of force on criminals arresting arrest. Excessive force being used with a complaint suspect is not something I'm ok with.

    What the hell is wrong with you? Some of those people who would have been taken off the streets via drug offenses or by cracking down on police brutality are going to end up committing rape in the future. Going soft on drugs is going to increase the number of Americans raped by people who would be considered drug offenders or abusers of authority today. Why are you ok with people getting raped Lewk? How many rapes is considered ok before you give up this obsession with protecting crooked cops and druggies?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  14. #794
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you? Some of those people who would have been taken off the streets via drug offenses or by cracking down on police brutality are going to end up committing rape in the future. Going soft on drugs is going to increase the number of Americans raped by people who would be considered drug offenders or abusers of authority today. Why are you ok with people getting raped Lewk? How many rapes is considered ok before you give up this obsession with protecting crooked cops and druggies?
    Sarcasm?

  15. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Who you are talking to? I've regularly bashed Trump for his tariffs. Hell I thought the agreement for unemployment hashed out by Trump and Democrats (first stimulus) was utter dog shit. The world needs less government not more and sadly Republicans may talk big about limiting the size of government, they end up never getting around to doing it.
    I was talking to you because you're just as hypocritical as the Republicans, calling yourself a Libertarian. You can bash tariffs or stimulus spending as "too much government", and talk all you want about the SIZE of government --- but in reality you have a lust for violence, vigilantism, and Police State fascism. Maybe it's just part of your Pro-Life, Death-Cult, Cognitive Dissonance, but you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

    Ditto for the shrinking and dysfunctional GOP trying to cling to power by enabling an Authoritarian like Trump.

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Just demonstrating how you've replaced any semblance of logic or consistency for a collection of GOP buzzwords when it comes to immigrants. Flip-flopper.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  17. #797
    According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, around 80,000 women and men a year get sexually abused in American correctional facilities.[11] The National Inmate Survey presented data that consisted of 233 state and federal prisons, 358 local jails, and fifteen special correctional facilities between the time period of February 2011 and May 2012, with a sample of 92,449 inmates ages eighteen or older, and 1,738 inmates sixteen to seventeen. The statistical information highlighted that an estimated of 4.0% of state and federal prison inmates and 3.2% of jail inmates reported experiencing one or more incidents of sexual victimization by another inmate or facility staff since their admission to the facility or in the past twelve months since the survey was executed
    Ok, guys, you need to stop locking people up, that's the solution here. How many rapes is enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    They can't rape someone here if they aren't here.
    You tell 'em Lewk.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

    I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

  18. #798
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    They can't rape someone here if they aren't here. The difference between an illegal immigrant and a citizen is that a citizen has a right to be here the person breaking the law to cross the border does not. I mean why the hell are you even against border security, really?
    I'm not against border security. You, however, seem to be for rape. The most effective way to eliminate almost all rapes would be to place all men in solitary confinement, yet I have never once seen you call for this obvious solution to the problem of rape.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  19. #799
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I'm not against border security. You, however, seem to be for rape. The most effective way to eliminate almost all rapes would be to place all men in solitary confinement, yet I have never once seen you call for this obvious solution to the problem of rape.
    You don't lock people up until they have committed a crime. We had a whole movie about that with Tom Cruise.

  20. #800
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You don't lock people up until they have committed a crime.
    Why not? It would prevent rapes. Why are you against preventing rapes?
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  21. #801
    Stephen Fry for President.

    Yeah, he's imported, get over yourselves.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYvT1KIGPo
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

    I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

  22. #802
    The content on Hunter Biden's laptop seems to be getting ignored quite a bit. The pay to play scheme seems pretty clear. Why else would a notorious crackhead be given a cushy job in the energy sector?

  23. #803
    Why would a crackhead son get a job in government?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

    I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

  24. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The content on Hunter Biden's laptop seems to be getting ignored quite a bit. The pay to play scheme seems pretty clear. Why else would a notorious crackhead be given a cushy job in the energy sector?
    Lewk, we know Trump's kids benefited from his presidency. We know Trump arranged for those benefits. Why do you care so much about Biden's son allegedly gaining similar benefits?
    Hope is the denial of reality

  25. #805
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, we know Trump's kids benefited from his presidency. We know Trump arranged for those benefits. Why do you care so much about Biden's son allegedly gaining similar benefits?
    What political deal did Trump make that benefited his kid? The VP strong arming in the firing of the prosecutor though is the proverbial smoking gun. Also even if it were the case that Trump did the same thing I would still expect the media to cover the story.

  26. #806
    I love the Hunter Biden stuff. It's clearly not landing in the slightest, but the GOP is like "damnit we paid millions for this scandel and we're going to get our money's worth!"
    Who can now look back with a sense of pride?

  27. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    What political deal did Trump make that benefited his kid? The VP strong arming in the firing of the prosecutor though is the proverbial smoking gun. Also even if it were the case that Trump did the same thing I would still expect the media to cover the story.
    He hired them to political positions for which they were not qualified (and couldn't even get security clearances without rules being broken). Lo and behold, they made a ton of money while holding those positions.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  28. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    He hired them to political positions for which they were not qualified (and couldn't even get security clearances without rules being broken). Lo and behold, they made a ton of money while holding those positions.
    Any of them have a history of crack use like that of Hunter? Leave behind illegal drugs in a rental car? Have sex tapes? Because frankly the hiring of people you can trust to political positions is what qualifies them more than anything else. Ivanka for example accepted an *unpaid* position as the president's advisor. Having a reliable ear who won't leak shit is probably important. Also her resume is fairly impressive even if you think she got those positions based on nepotism her experience in a number of leadership roles is documented.

  29. #809
    You know Hunter Biden isn't running for president, right?

  30. #810
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Any of them have a history of crack use like that of Hunter? Leave behind illegal drugs in a rental car? Have sex tapes? Because frankly the hiring of people you can trust to political positions is what qualifies them more than anything else. Ivanka for example accepted an *unpaid* position as the president's advisor. Having a reliable ear who won't leak shit is probably important. Also her resume is fairly impressive even if you think she got those positions based on nepotism her experience in a number of leadership roles is documented.
    Once again, we have definitive evidence of Trump's nepotism. Even if every single part of the Hunter Biden story was confirmed (and it won't be, because it's mostly BS), you still wouldn't get the same level of nepotism. Why is alleged nepotism worse than confirmed nepotism?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •