Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1140

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Speaking of allegations of (attempted) fraud: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/07/us/pe...sts/index.html

Anyway, happy with the outcome, if disappointed by the amount of people who still voted for him after 4 years. Good thing I didn't stay up drinking until a winner was called this year
    Last edited by Flixy; 11-07-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://redstate.com/alexparker/2020...paxton-n276337

"On Friday, state officials announced they’ve charged a social worker with 134 felony counts of election fraud and acting as an agent."

Nice. Some yahoo tried to do this in a red state, imagine how much more motive someone who thinks cheating is acceptable, would have in a swing state that could actually sway the election?
    Just stop this.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Speaking of allegations of (attempted) fraud: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/07/us/pe...sts/index.html

Anyway, happy with the outcome, if disappointed by thev amount of people who still voted for him after 4 years. Gif thing I didn't stay up drinking until a winner was called this year
    That's not a gif thing, that's a bad thing.

Drinking all the way baby yeah! The only way to enjoy en election.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Delighted the US got the right result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

This is the only electoral fraud of this election.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    This is the only electoral fraud of this election.

It would cause a special kind of joy if there'd been enough Maricopa Trump votes there to turn Arizona.

Of course, some of the things he said are true. For instance, millions of mail-in ballots were indeed sent to people who never asked for them. In my state, for instance, literally every registered voter was sent one. You were expected to primarily vote by mail. In Oregon, no one asked for a mail-in ballot. They all get sent one automatically because their state does mail-in voting exclusively. Millions and millions of votes. Never done before (except in states like Oregon where it's been done for a number of years as mandated by law). Of course, that's still the largest thing from fraudulent but it's definitely not something the GOP or Trump wants to tolerate since it mitigates their own voter-suppression fraud.
    Last edited by LittleFuzzy; 11-08-2020 at 01:33 AM.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Slovenia PM sure likes Trump, honestly have we ever had something like that happen? I can't recall if something similar occurred in 2000.

Oh my God could you be more desperate
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Yes. Yes he can.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Its funny - obviously what other head's of state do has nothing to do with our vote counting process.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Anyway, happy with the outcome, if disappointed by the amount of people who still voted for him after 4 years. Good thing I didn't stay up drinking until a winner was called this year
    I share your disappointment; it's quite concerning that the floor of his support was so high.

In my deeply blue town (which voted for Biden over Trump by 75 points), there were all sorts of people who came out of the woodwork to celebrate - random signs and patriotic getups, lots of car honking, etc. I had two very pressing questions that I managed to restrain myself from asking:

1. Why now? It's been pretty clear since Thursday that Biden had this in the bag.
    2. It's not like someone won the World Series... and the next two years are still going to be gridlock given how poorly Democrats performed in Congressional elections.

This is going to be a long, painful slog digging us out of the hole that Trump has left. I'm rather far from jubilant. The bare minimum we needed to do as a country was vote Trump out of office.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

90% of the damage from the past 4 years were directly a result of Trump being president. Huge improvement even if nothing else changes.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Who are these 'people' who are talking about pardoning DJT? Other than Trump himself and his cronies. I find it wildly unlikely, especially given the disaster the Nixon pardon was (and that was in his own party!).
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    http://theworldforgotten.com/showthread.php?t=7676

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Who are these 'people' who are talking about pardoning DJT? Other than Trump himself and his cronies. I find it wildly unlikely, especially given the disaster the Nixon pardon was (and that was in his own party!).
    The Indy (of all things) did an article about it.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Guys maybe we shouldn't celebrate until we have a clear answer to this question:

I just can't get enough of this, undoubtedly the best gag of the entire four-year run:

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    If the Nixon pardon happened now, it would stay in the news cycle for roughly 2 days.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If the Nixon pardon happened now, it would stay in the news cycle for roughly 2 days.
    Watergate today wouldn't have lead to impeachment, so we wouldn't be talking about a Nixon pardon.

Also, can the president even pardon people prosecuted and convicted by an indivdual state? I think the old home state of Mr Trump may have some urgent questions for him once he's out of office.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Watergate today wouldn't have lead to impeachment, so we wouldn't be talking about a Nixon pardon.

Also, can the president even pardon people prosecuted and convicted by an indivdual state? I think the old home state of Mr Trump may have some urgent questions for him once he's out of office.
    Negative - presidential pardons are for federal crimes only. So, yes the state of New York can prosecute him for state crimes even if he were pardoned at the federal level.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Everything is still a "projection" until Secretaries of State certify the election results (popular vote) and the Electoral College meets and votes. Law suits and recounts have to be cleared first, delaying the process....while Trump's disinformation and conspiracy theories run rampant, with help from GOP sycophants.

Good article here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...pgtype=Article *note the part about state legislatures and Faithless Electors*

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I'm still very happy for you guys!

I'm cynical of the US in many occasions, but your zany weird system works. And it did 4 years ago, and it did again. I'm quite rather sloshed at the mo, so to stay in character: I love you guys.

and that includes Lewkie. You're batshitinsane, but I bet you have a dog. And I bet you love that dog. And because you do, you're a good guy. And that's all that matters. You care so I do.

I'm drunk and it shows baby *pelvis thrust banana*

Can I kiss Nessus now?
    lol

Another procedural entanglement -- the GSA that's currently under Trump's administrative control:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=74060595

Trump is not satisfied with the number of people he killed at rallies, so he's going full on fascist now.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ection-results

He will use these to fire up his base into an anti-American frenzy, by not accepting the results of the election. Because crybaby cannot accept losing.

All hail Furher Trump.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

This is, in equal measures, pathetic, weird and dangerous:

A true patriot, putting the country before the President.

Kayleigh McEnany is nagging about voter suppression ... against republican counties in Pennsylvania.

Much projection.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars