Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 274

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

  1. #1

    Default 2020 US Presidential election

    I hate to say this, but I think Trump will be re-elected for a second term. Not because he deserves it, but because our election process is FUBAR....and Republicans made their Faustian bargain.

    The only way we can keep Trump (and Republican Trumpistas) in check is by keeping the House majority, and turning the Senate. IMO, too much focus is given to the presidency. Dems should change their focus, admit defeat for president, and put all their money and efforts into congressional races.

    Divided democracy can work, after all.

  2. #2
    They might keep the House majority, hard to say. I haven't taken a close look at the Senate cohort for 2020 yet, but it would be awfully hard to get a net flip of 5 Senate seats in a Presidential election year where you're also going to lose that race.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  3. #3
    Bloomberg's support among "moderates" down 30% after debate.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    They might keep the House majority, hard to say. I haven't taken a close look at the Senate cohort for 2020 yet, but it would be awfully hard to get a net flip of 5 Senate seats in a Presidential election year where you're also going to lose that race.
    Well the other issue is that Romney will absolutely stab Republicans in the back on any 50/50 split so its not that bleak for Democrats.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Well the other issue is that Romney will absolutely stab Republicans in the back on any 50/50 split so its not that bleak for Democrats.
    Yeah, having principles that exist beyond blind loyalty to the party is just the worst.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 02-21-2020 at 10:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Q: How will the Republican Party support Trump's re-election, since he's wrecked Republican "principles" and turned it into the Party of Trump?

    A: Cognitive Dissonance.


  7. #7

    Default 2020 Presidential Election

    I can't find an actual 2020 Presidential election thread, as opposed to a Trump/Dem primary megathread.

    Anyway, I don't think this will come true but I would PMSL if this happened for real in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  8. #8
    Doesn't matter since Trump won't step down if the vote goes against him. He'll make us all wait 'till SCOTUS rules on the validity of the election.

    OT: Would you please remove my username from your sig? Makes searches miserable for me.
    .

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Rand capitalized on the fact you didn't capitalize the 'e'. That's just mean Rand. Wraith should merge this with yours.
    .

  11. #11
    Is something wrong with the search function?

  12. #12
    Usually, yeah
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Rand capitalized on the fact you didn't capitalize the 'e'. That's just mean Rand. Wraith should merge this with yours.
    Rand can do that himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  14. #14
    Trump has been treated "worse than than Lincoln": https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/04/p...ial/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Cause fuck everything that doesn't immediately print money to line his pockets.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9523126.html
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  17. #17
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...itter-account/

    Such a petty fragile man and such a pointless exercise to show how little he cares about the law.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  18. #18
    ...if the First Amendment means anything, it means that the best response to disfavored speech on matters of public concern is more speech, not less.
    Trump wants to use his big mouth without contention, just like any dictator.
    .

  19. #19
    Biden is Biden's worst enemy.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...amagne-tha-god

    "That’s when Biden dove into a rapid-fire defense of his record with the black community.

    “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said."

  20. #20
    Have you listened to any of Trump's coronavirus press conferences? Biden makes a speech. You whine about a single sentence. Virtually every one of Trump's sentences makes no sense. But that's ok. Because he's on the same side in the inevitable race war, right?
    Hope is the denial of reality

  21. #21
    What are you talking about? This is a totally normal way of talking:

    “I tested very positively in another sense, so this morning, yeah, I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning, meaning I tested negative. But that’s a way of saying it, positively toward the negative."
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Have you listened to any of Trump's coronavirus press conferences? Biden makes a speech. You whine about a single sentence. Virtually every one of Trump's sentences makes no sense. But that's ok. Because he's on the same side in the inevitable race war, right?
    Trump's ahem, unique speaking style is obviously not a plus but we aren't talking about how articulate someone comes across. We are talking about a presidential candidate who thinks that he's entitled to the black vote and if black folks don't vote for him they shouldn't be considered black.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Trump's ahem, unique speaking style is obviously not a plus but we aren't talking about how articulate someone comes across. We are talking about a presidential candidate who thinks that he's entitled to the black vote and if black folks don't vote for him they shouldn't be considered black.
    We're talking about a candidate that tells people to inject themselves with disinfectant.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    We're talking about a candidate that tells people to inject themselves with disinfectant.
    Nope. But I'm not surprised you fell for that piece of fake news. TDS has really fucked ya up.

    (And for clarity, yes Trump's statement was stupid however it is clear from the context and his words that he was recommending *doctors research the potential treatment* NOT suggesting to people to inject themselves.)

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Nope. But I'm not surprised you fell for that piece of fake news. TDS has really fucked ya up.

    (And for clarity, yes Trump's statement was stupid however it is clear from the context and his words that he was recommending *doctors research the potential treatment* NOT suggesting to people to inject themselves.)
    It is so embarrassing to see you say this as if it makes him—and you, by proxy—look smart rather than looking like an actual moron.

    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  26. #26
    Oh god, and the way he tried to cover for it - saying he was just trying to troll reporters to get them to report on it to see what happened, as if that made it better.

  27. #27
    Trump threatens to destroy federalism. Crickets from Lewk et al.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Trump threatens to destroy federalism. Crickets from Lewk et al.
    States shouldn't be getting money from the federal government in the first place. The whole earmarks, department of education and more is shit.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    States shouldn't be getting money from the federal government in the first place. The whole earmarks, department of education and more is shit.
    Then what is the federal government to do with all the money it gets from the states?
    .

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    States shouldn't be getting money from the federal government in the first place. The whole earmarks, department of education and more is shit.
    Believe it or not, we no longer live under the Articles of Confederation. But your selective support for states rights is telling.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •