Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1140

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Right, even the GOP doesn't beat about the bush anymore and just straight up says why they are still supporting Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-runoff-435786

“We need his voters. And he has a tremendous following out there,” said Senate Majority Whip John Thune of South Dakota. “Right now, he’s trying to get through the final stages of his election and determine the outcome there. But when that’s all said and done, however it comes out, we want him helping in Georgia.”
    Sure it may hurt America, but we want to win Georgia. From the horse's mouth. They're acting as if this is a game.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Plus the law on how electors are awarded to the winner is already set isn't it? And it would be an unconstitutional ex post facto law to change it now.

Though for interest who determines Michigan and Wisconsin? One or both of those are needed with PA aren't they? Though I think in MI it wasn't even close in the end.
    Both Democrats. The law is that it goes to the person who won a majority of the vote. If that can't be determined, the state legislature is allowed to make the call. But Trump can't block the states from certifying. He can object to their certification but he can't stop them from making the initial call (they need to make it to create a justiciable controversy to allow the courts to consider the matter at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Believe the Trump campaign's gambit was/is to get a federal court to stop the certification of the election results in PA among other places. If the results are not certified, can there be a legal requirement for governors and electors to act as if they are?
    Put simply, I don't think he's able to.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I think the problem is that Trump is so surrounded by sycophants and yes-men that there's nobody around him who has stood up and said "are you absolutely shitting me? Don't be ridiculous."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I guess this is a concession of sorts

"Trump Orders Cavity Search to find Evidence of Rampant Voter Fraud"
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Right, even the GOP doesn't beat about the bush anymore and just straight up says why they are still supporting Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-runoff-435786

Sure it may hurt America, but we want to win Georgia. From the horse's mouth. They're acting as if this is a game.
    I really can't believe how dumb they are. Like the narcissist-in-chief is going to bother helping ANYONE after he loses. He's just going to to stew and sulk and send out angry tweets about how America has betrayed him and he really won the election.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

The national interest in the senate races are going to make it a lot harder, unfortunately.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

About fucking time.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

About fucking time.
    That's a pretty long-winded way of saying, "I do not intend to ascertain that you are the president-elect.

You know, I know Biden said he was going for a 'diverse' cabinet, but only putting Jews on your cabinet is not, in fact, all that diverse, even if some of them are women and one is Cuban.

Here's hoping they can at least find someone Catholic to run Interior or something.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Isn't he Catholic himself? So that's at least one Catholic.

Finally ...

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb
    Donald Trump accepts US presidency transition to Joe Biden must begin

Donald Trump has accepted a formal US transition should begin for President-elect Joe Biden to take office.

The president said the federal agency overseeing the handover must "do what needs to be done", even as he vowed to keep contesting his election defeat.

The General Services Administration (GSA) said it was acknowledging Mr Biden as the "apparent winner".

It came as Mr Biden's victory in the state of Michigan was officially certified, a major blow to Mr Trump.

The GSA announcement means the president-elect now has access to top security briefings, office space and government officials as he prepares to take office on 20 January.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Isn't he Catholic himself? So that's at least one Catholic.
    Ah, but half of his grandkids are Jewish so he gets a pass
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1760036.html

So there is a Venezuelan connection!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Oh that just sums up the presidency.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Don't talk about him like that... he's the president, don't EVER talk about him like that

Sorry Sir. And not use the word "smart" with regard to you. I remember that.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

DonaldJTrump2024.com
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

So, Trump campaign orders recounts in two counties in Wisconsin. The first recount in Milwaukee county resulted in an increased count for Biden. And these recounts cost the Trump campaign $3m.

... a federal appeals court firmly rejects Trump's attempts to stop the state from declaring Biden the winner. "Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here," wrote Judge Bibas, who was nominated by Trump.

Is it still called schadenfreude if the person in whose misfortune one finds much hilarity fully deserves it?
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    So, Trump campaign orders recounts in two counties in Wisconsin. The first recount in Milwaukee county resulted in an increased count for Biden. And these recounts cost the Trump campaign $3m.
    Don't these recounts cost the Trump supporters 3 million? These cases are for show, an advertisement to Trump's fund raising campaign. He is going to Georgia to cheer for the Pubs there. Why? He says it's rigged, so GA will be rigged.

Imagine having donated your hard earned cash to these clowns and see those incompetent pillocks throw it all away like this. You would be mad. Mad at the judges, at CNN, at Joe Biden, at the other Republicans.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

The Georgia recount is costing Georgia taxpayers instead of the Trump campaign. Lucky us.

The system where his supporters have to pay for his nonsense seems much more appropriate. They want him; let them fund him. It would also be preferable if he received no attention at all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    The Georgia recount is costing Georgia taxpayers instead of the Trump campaign. Lucky us. .
    how does this work?

how does this work?
    Each county's election board is responsible for covering their own expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by NBC
    Unlike in Wisconsin – where the Trump campaign had to pay $7.9 million upfront to cover the statewide cost – the bill for recounts in Georgia is footed by taxpayer-funded local jurisdictions.

State officials have not provided a total cost estimate, but Fulton County, Georgia’s most populous, estimates a recount could cost around $200,000.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...count-n1248538

For a recount that will change absolutely nothing, requested by the Trump campaign after the entire thing had been audited by hand.

how does this work?
    That's how it's done in the UK. If a constituency recount is needed then that's paid for by the state as part of the cost of holding the election.

Of course we can count all the ballots and then recount them (sometimes twice) within 24 hours so it's less noticeable.

Christ. Every fucking time you think how fucked up this fucker is it turns out it's even more fucked up.

Every single citizen of Georgia now has the right to punch that fucker in the face when they see him. They paid for it, that way they can get something out of it.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars