Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I wonder why Steely thinks Labour feels the need to do this?
    It's probably because they were in the wrong and they did defame them.

You don't seem to understand my position: I don't think the Labour party was or is free of anti-antisemitism, I just think the racism in the Tory party is way worse and focusing on the antisemitism in the Labour party was part a stick to beat Corbyn with and part the fact that no really expects better from the Tories.

I have noted the way you tried to imply that the EHRC report was looking into Corbyn personally, when in fact it's looking at the Labour party generally. Not really doing anything with that information, since you're basically known liar at this point. I just think it's funny how blatant you are.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    So, a bit like that time Boris Johnson employed noted, open anti-Semite Panagiotis Theodoracopulos as a columnist at the spectator for his entire time there, including after he became an MP because that is the standard we are using now for some reason? Or that time he used the 'Jewish oligarchs control everything' trope in his book, 72 Virgins, published in 2004, three years after he became an MP?
    No, nothing like that. Many Newspapers have a principle of free speech, have you heard of it? The editor isn't responsible for or agreeing with every comment piece published, that's why the columnists name is attached to the column. Did Johnson write glowing forewards for Theodoracopulos saying that he was "brilliant" in going on about Jewish finance?
    LOL, was this really the worst thing you could find him saying? How is that worse than any of the shit I dug up on Boris Johnson?
    No it was just one from memory and yes its worse.
    You mean, like you've given the mysterious context that's supposed to excuse all of Johnson's bigoted remarks yet somehow can't provide a link to where you've done so? Show me the actual post or quit your bullshit.
    Can't be arsed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

No, nothing like that. Many Newspapers have a principle of free speech, have you heard of it? The editor isn't responsible for or agreeing with every comment piece published, that's why the columnists name is attached to the column. Did Johnson write glowing forewards for Theodoracopulos saying that he was "brilliant" in going on about Jewish finance?
    Did he? Let's find out.

Quote Originally Posted by [URL]https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-andrew-sabisky-eugenics-contraception-dominic-cummings-downing-street-a9339296.html[/URL]
    Whilst editor of The Spectator, Mr Johnson published an article in which columnist Taki wrote: “On average, Orientals are slower to mature, less randy, less fertile, and have larger brains and higher IQ scores. Blacks are at the other pole, and whites fall somewhere in the middle, although closer to the Orientals than the blacks.”

Asked subsequently about his contributor’s remarks, Mr Johnson described Taki as a “very distinguished columnist”.
    Love to be editor of the Spectator and publish some race science, then call purveyor of said race science 'very distinguished'.

Hysteria about p*dophilia is accompanied by a determined official liberalism about most other forms of sexual activity. Homophobia is held to be a very dreadful thing; yet it is fine to condemn p*dophiles, despite the fact that they are often thought of as homosexuals who go after young boys. Homophobia is not dead, but is often transferred on to p*dophiles. Our urge to be intolerant must find an Outlet somewhere, and it is most convenient to attack some form of behaviour to which we are lucky enough not to feel drawn ourselves.
    http://archive.spectator.co.uk/artic...its-ok-to-hate

Love being the editor of the Spectator and publishing what can only be described as child abuse apologia.

No it was just one from memory and yes its worse.
    So, it's worse to say Zionists have no sense of humor than it is to say Muslim women "go around looking like letter boxes", or that black people have "watermelon smiles"? I am really curious about criteria you're using here.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is the least racist and 10 is the most racist what score you you give those three statements?

What about if you wrote a book in 2004 (when you were an MP) in which you said Arabs have 'hooked noses' and 'slanty eyes'? How many racisms is that?

Can't be arsed.
    Because the post doesn't exist. Because you never made it. You never made it because there would have been nothing to put in it beyond what you've already got, which is nothing compared to the litany of bigoted statements you can attribute to Johnson with a simple 10 or 20 minutes of research?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

JFC, would the mods please change the title of this thread.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Indeed he can, but what Fuzzy hasn't spoken for is the Clown's intentions nor his typically cack-handed language.
    Indeed, and I acknowledged ignorance of context in the initial post which offended GGT so much. Further, the limit of my "defense" of the language was noting that in my environment it merely was not "unfair."

Quote Originally Posted by Randblade
    I would indeed be curious what Fuzzy takes from that.
    I. . . don't understand it. I go back and read Tim's explanation of the context and reread the passage and. . . I still don't understand it.

Look, in the sci-fi and fantasy I read, I occasionally see a specific joke presented. The exact form varies with the setting but basically it's a nonhuman expressing its disgust with a human in the following form. "You scaleless, five-fingered, viviporous. . . mammal!" Well, Steely posted the line we're talking about and I basically felt like I was in one of those scenes.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Let's get back on topic shall we? Should this man, and I use the term loosely, be the next POTUS???

Photoshopped? You would hope so but...

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Anyone who chooses to carry water for this clown is a moron.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

What is that gibberish?

The guy has dementia. It's sad.

So too probably does Biden. But Trump is worse.

Oh and while Trump has always been a narcissistic shitbag it's worth viewing old videos of him and comparing to now. He's clearly suffered major mental decline.

Trump is stupid and malevolent. Biden stutters. There's no need to bring dementia into it in either case; Trump has always been unfit for the presidency, due to his deficiencies of character, behaviour and ability.

I think they both have mental decline but in Trump's case it's emphasising and exaggerating the flaws that made him terrible in the first place. In Biden's case it exaggerates his problem speaking and completing full sentences.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ps-abnormality

You know, any of those things in that list would have been a major scandal for any other president. This is indeed not normal.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ps-abnormality

You know, any of those things in that list would have been a major scandal for any other president. This is indeed not normal.
    You're correct, it is not normal, it is the new normal. It will get worse before it ends.

I can only hope enough Americans understand that come November they can't afford 4 more years of rule by this criminal.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I can only hope enough Americans understand that come November they can't afford 4 more years of rule by this criminal.
    Hope isn't a strategy. Absentee voting begins in about 50 days...and Trumpista Republicans are doing everything they can to suppress mail-in ballots.

Not only did Trump appoint one of his donors as the new Postmaster General, mail delivery will be "delayed".....

Trump-backed postmaster general plans to slow mail delivery

https://fortune.com/2020/07/24/usps-...ostal-service/

An elegant analogy of the polarisation of American politics and the poo-flinger in chief who does everything in his power to further that polarisation.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Watch this with sound on. This is clearly Lewk's thinking.

Jfc this presser...

Watch this with sound on. This is clearly Lewk's thinking.
    Appeasement doesn't work and has never worked. By all means people have a right to peacefully protest but when they think they can use violence to get their way they must face overwhelming force that puts down any delusions that they can use force to intimidate and terrorize. If you want to change things you can speak up, you can debate, you can vote. You cannot use violence. You cannot burn down public property. You cannot burn down private property. You cannot stab people. You cannot assault business owners. You cannot assault federal officers. You cannot attack police officers.

And when you are peaceful, and the police use violence against you?
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    And when you are peaceful, and the police use violence against you?
    Appeasing the police has never worked. These uniformed terrorist-LARPers must be met with overwhelming force that extinguishes any delusions that they can use violence to intimidate and terrorize. They must be made to fear the public.