Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You fucking moron Trump himself is on the record saying the those things and worse. You don't have a leg to stand on. Even you believe the reporting is accurate, but you have your head stuck too far up your ass to admit it, so you deflect like a scared fucking baby. Poor thing

The most plausible explanation for why nobody's said anything on the record is that those who can confirm he said these things are in the military, and have interpreted their obligations in such a way that it precludes publicly taking a position against the president.
    So no one is on record. What do we call a claim that is not falsifiable? There is literally zero ability to defend yourself from anonymous sources - the idea that 60 days out from an election anyone should believe something like that is patently absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    So no one is on record. What do we call a claim that is not falsifiable? There is literally zero ability to defend yourself from anonymous sources - the idea that 60 days out from an election anyone should believe something like that is patently absurd.
    You fucking moron Trump himself is on the record saying the those things and worse. In other words, there is no defense. You don't have a leg to stand on. Even you believe the reporting is accurate, but you have your head stuck too far up your ass to admit it, so you deflect like a scared fucking baby. Poor thing

The most plausible explanation for why nobody's said anything on the record is that those who can confirm he said these things are in the military, and have interpreted their obligations in such a way that it precludes publicly taking a position against the president.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

So what unsubstantiated claims should we believe 60 days prior to an election?

Why do I get the feeling you think it would be better for reporters to lie and Trump lose than if they told the truth and Trump won?

Why do I get the feeling you think it would be better for reporters to lie and Trump lose than if they told the truth and Trump won?
    It's called projection Lewk.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

So what unsubstantiated claims should we believe 60 days prior to an election?

You can believe whatever you like, but you could start by believing credible reports that people said things in private that they've basically already said in public and on camera, you moron
    Last edited by Aimless; 09-17-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Last edited by Aimless; 09-17-2020 at 10:47 PM.

What A Nasty Woman Trump Tweet in 5 ....4.....3.....
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Just when you think there's nothing that can shock you anymore and there's no lower that they can stoop ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Just when you think there's nothing that can shock you anymore and there's no lower that they can stoop ...
    I seriously wonder why you would say that. Of all people you?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It's kinda like how it's important for racists to at least not be nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I don't understand why you'd say that. I've never supported giving a pardon to a criminal to cover up another crime by a hostile foreign state.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't understand why you'd say that. I've never supported giving a pardon to a criminal to cover up another crime by a hostile foreign state.
    We all know that’s just a matter of time.
    Congratulations America

Reports just came in Ginsberg has passed. Will Republicans try to push through a replacement prior to election? If not, how does that change the electoral calculus?

Reports just came in Ginsberg has passed. Will Republicans try to push through a replacement prior to election? If not, how does that change the electoral calculus?
    Of course they will try to do exactly that; it's their one chance to hold on to power and no amount of dirty play will be too much to do just that.
    Congratulations America

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/

Maybe 2 years old, but Amen nonetheless.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Bloomberg pays Florida poll-tax for 32k people: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...s-florida.html

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Bloomberg pays Florida poll-tax for 32k people: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...s-florida.html
    Not going to change anything. Trump has this in the bag. Democrats would rather whine about the rules being against them than come up with a cohesive strategy to attract the stupid people to join the Dem base.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Not going to change anything. Trump has this in the bag. Democrats would rather whine about the rules being against them than come up with a cohesive strategy to attract the stupid people to join the Dem base.
    Even if none of those people cast a single ballot this election, it will have been a very good thing to do.

A 4-4 tie on the Court would be pretty awkward. To prevent a connotational crisis we must put someone on the court now!

A 4-4 tie on the Court would be pretty awkward. To prevent a connotational crisis we must put someone on the court now!
    It's weird how you keep saying these things as if you believe you're being clever or funny. It just makes you look kinda dumb—not to mention prematurely boomerified.

The Republican Party is absolutely going to try and steal this election. I never imagined American Democracy and rule of law was this fragile. Nor did I believe so many Americans would so easily abandon it, blindly or with eyes-wide-open.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe.../#6271e6364800
    Last edited by EyeKhan; 09-23-2020 at 07:50 PM.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    The Republican Party is absolutely going to try and steal this election. I never imagined American Democracy and rule of law was this fragile. Nor did I believe so many Americans would so easily abandon it, blindly or with eyes-wide-open.

The bad thing is there's nothing in the US Constitution to prevent them doing that.

Plus its sort of been done before, in 1876.

The Republican Party is absolutely going to try and steal this election. I never imagined American Democracy and rule of law was this fragile. Nor did I believe so many Americans would so easily abandon it, blindly or with eyes-wide-open...
    'Steal' is not the correct word here. The Republican Party is absolutely going to try and win this election, by the rules. I don't want them to but I'm not going to whine about the rules being in their favor either.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

The Republican Party is absolutely going to try and steal this election.

[...]

Fucking banana republic being led by a human shitstain:

Yeah, all those famous checks and balances that make American democracy so great aren't functioning so well are they?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Wow, The Atlantic article was scary and depressing https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...oncede/616424/

It's pretty clear that Trump and Republicans are exploiting gaps in the process, every step along the way. Not because they believe in representative democracy, but want to hold onto power. The possibility of GOP-held state legislatures appointing "Trump loyal electorates" -- apparently a legal way to manipulate the electoral college vote -- was an eye-opener. As was the scenario of VP Pence casting the senate tie-breaking vote, essentially electing himself and Trump by proxy.