Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Biden is Biden's worst enemy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...amagne-tha-god

"That’s when Biden dove into a rapid-fire defense of his record with the black community.

“I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said."
    Lol, get bent you ludicrous fuck

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7ce_story.html
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    So is your argument that Biden's statement was bad but that Trump is also bad for similar statements?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Believe it or not, we no longer live under the Articles of Confederation. But your selective support for states rights is telling.
    I'm in support of democracy being as close to the people possible. Which means the federal government should not involve itself in things that states or even down to cities should handle. Withholding funds that should have never been allocated in that fashion isn't great but more broadly it kinda is interesting because it shows how stupid the idea of people sending money to the federal government is to earmark back to the state government. Just collect and spend at the state level, no need for hoops and extra jumps.

I'm in support of democracy .... .
    Don't you vote Republican? What you said and how you vote are opposite.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Don't you vote Republican? What you said and how you vote are opposite.
    I vote Libertarian if they are on the ballot.

What a sick piece of shit...

Dead people mean nothing to me, I'm a sick piece of shit

edit: left out 'a'. But since I'm here again...

What a complete fucking scum bag.
    Last edited by Being; 05-27-2020 at 01:46 AM.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I'm in support of democracy being as close to the people possible. Which means the federal government should not involve itself in things that states or even down to cities should handle. Withholding funds that should have never been allocated in that fashion isn't great but more broadly it kinda is interesting because it shows how stupid the idea of people sending money to the federal government is to earmark back to the state government. Just collect and spend at the state level, no need for hoops and extra jumps.
    Then you'd be ok with Texas refusing federal funds for Education, Police, Fire, and Hospitals....that make up the state's tax collection deficit?

Just collect and spend at state level, right? You're full of shit if you think Texas can hold its own without help from the federal gov't. You can barely prop up the port of Galveston without federal help.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    What a sick piece of shit...

Dead people mean nothing to me, I'm a sick piece of shit

edit: left out 'a'. But since I'm here again...

What a complete fucking scum bag.
    No character. Lewk is mad he isn't calling for incel groypers to spread rumors about Scarborough being a pedophile.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Sums up the GOP ticket pretty well, think it needs a phone somewhere in the frame though.

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    No character. Lewk is mad he isn't calling for incel groypers to spread rumors about Scarborough being a pedophile.
    Scarborough hasn't taken part in terrorism.

Trump is the only one who can save us. If you don't vote Trump, you are voting for hell on Earth.

Whoops...He left out Israelis for Trump

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/coalitions

The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Trump's been openly saying that since October 2016.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post

It's a bit needlessly pessimistic. There actually is a mechanism for resolving that situation. It just won't resolve it in a way we like. It gets thrown to the House, but in a sui generis situation where this is one vote by each state delegation. And a majority of the states are dominated by Republican legislators. If they're willing to create a situation where they dispute enough electoral votes to make the election unresolved, they can just put Trump back in the WH for four more years. Interestingly, they could also choose to put Pence in, instead.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    It's a bit needlessly pessimistic. There actually is a mechanism for resolving that situation. It just won't resolve it in a way we like. It gets thrown to the House, but in a sui generis situation where this is one vote by each state delegation. And a majority of the states are dominated by Republican legislators. If they're willing to create a situation where they dispute enough electoral votes to make the election unresolved, they can just put Trump back in the WH for four more years. Interestingly, they could also choose to put Pence in, instead.
    I'm more concerned with GOP governors in battleground states refusing to certify a Biden victory in their state.

Or Trump blaming fraud, having that go to SCOTUS, and SCOTUS doing a repeat of Bush v. Gore.

Ahem...posted in this thread 4/29/2020,

Doesn't matter since Trump won't step down if the vote goes against him. He'll make us all wait 'till SCOTUS rules on the validity of the election.

Presidents don't step down if they lose the election anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Presidents don't step down if they lose the election anyway.
    90% of your analyses are wrong.

I hope Trump doesn’t just get thrown out of the white house but also thrown into prison.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I hope Trump doesn’t just get thrown out of the white house but also thrown into prison.
    One step at a time. We must first take away his universal immunity, namely the senate, then justice can prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if New York prosecutes him for various financial crimes.

90% of your analyses are wrong.
    I'm right.

In the UK if a PM loses the election they're gone, typically within hours of the counting.

In the USA a President who loses the election remains in office for a couple of months until inauguration day for the next President. Trump won't just "step down" in November if he loses, but nor would any other President.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52923022

Aaand he can't even respond to that in any manner even remotely dignified or mature.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I'm right.

In the UK if a PM loses the election they're gone, typically within hours of the counting.

In the USA a President who loses the election remains in office for a couple of months until inauguration day for the next President. Trump won't just "step down" in November if he loses, but nor would any other President.
    This is a good illustration of why 90% of you analyses are wrong. You think you know what people are saying while plugging your ears chanting "nah nah nah nah nah".

Trump won't just "step down" in November if he loses, but nor would any other President.
    To go against what I've been saying for a while, that Trump won't go peacefully, I could totally see him stepping down as a last resort so Pence can pardon him and the entire shit show he brought into office.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

To go against what I've been saying for a while, that Trump won't go peacefully, I could totally see him stepping down as a last resort so Pence can pardon him and the entire shit show he brought into office.
    It's quite possible he could pardon himself. But only for federal crimes.

He can't pardon himself for any crimes he hasn't been charged with*. Just sit on the charges until Jan 21.

*Well, technically he can still give himself the pardon, but it wouldn't help him any.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    He can't pardon himself for any crimes he hasn't been charged with*. Just sit on the charges until Jan 21.

*Well, technically he can still give himself the pardon, but it wouldn't help him any.
    Yes he can. Well, he can pardon other people for crimes they haven't yet been charged with (see Nixon's pardon). It's less clear whether he can pardon himself. But if he can, it can be for crimes he wasn't charged with yet.

"It would be highly unusual, but there have been a few cases where people who had not been charged with a crime were pardoned, including President Gerald Ford's pardon of President Richard Nixon after Watergate, President Jimmy Carter's pardon of Vietnam draft dodgers and President George H.W. Bush's pardon of Caspar Weinberger. President Donald J. Trump pardoned Joseph Arpaio after he was charged and convicted, but prior to sentencing. "

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequ...ed-questions#1