Thread: 2020 US Presidential election

Default 2020 US Presidential election

I hate to say this, but I think Trump will be re-elected for a second term. Not because he deserves it, but because our election process is FUBAR....and Republicans made their Faustian bargain.

The only way we can keep Trump (and Republican Trumpistas) in check is by keeping the House majority, and turning the Senate. IMO, too much focus is given to the presidency. Dems should change their focus, admit defeat for president, and put all their money and efforts into congressional races.

Divided democracy can work, after all.

They might keep the House majority, hard to say. I haven't taken a close look at the Senate cohort for 2020 yet, but it would be awfully hard to get a net flip of 5 Senate seats in a Presidential election year where you're also going to lose that race.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Bloomberg's support among "moderates" down 30% after debate.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    They might keep the House majority, hard to say. I haven't taken a close look at the Senate cohort for 2020 yet, but it would be awfully hard to get a net flip of 5 Senate seats in a Presidential election year where you're also going to lose that race.
    Well the other issue is that Romney will absolutely stab Republicans in the back on any 50/50 split so its not that bleak for Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Well the other issue is that Romney will absolutely stab Republicans in the back on any 50/50 split so its not that bleak for Democrats.
    Yeah, having principles that exist beyond blind loyalty to the party is just the worst.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 02-21-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Q: How will the Republican Party support Trump's re-election, since he's wrecked Republican "principles" and turned it into the Party of Trump?

A: Cognitive Dissonance.