For last 20 years I've yo-yo'd with my weight when I pay attention to it but always been varying from a bit to more than bit more than I want to weigh. Recently I've not been paying attention to it and when I stepped on the scales was not happy with the number, it was the highest I've ever seen. Coincidentally an advert popped up on my Facebook page at New Years which caught my interest, at first thinking it was a scam but now I'm not sure, about an American website that has recently started in the UK and Europe which lets you "bet" on how much weight you want to lose and if you lose it you win your bet - if you don't you lose it. No idea if its a scam or not, but after looking into it a bit it seems legit.

Idea of the site is supposed to be that if you have money or a prize riding on the target you're more likely to achieve it. Though like all weight loss ideas I imagine most people fail which is no doubt how the company makes its money.

I've signed up and set myself quite a challenging target - nine months to get to my goal target. I'm paying £9 a month for nine months (so £81 total) and if I lose my target of 80 pounds in the nine months then I'll gain £484 including my £81 back. If I try, fail and lose the money I figure I'll still be healthier and its cheaper than a gym membership I know I won't use.

Anyone ever heard of anything like this before? Has anyone heard of this site or have a clue if its legit or not? It was new to me but sounded fun or interesting. Does anyone think its a good or bad idea?

Link to website - hiding it in a spoiler in case everyone thinks its a scam: