Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

Now that you're connected to Bill Gates' Skynet its the wandering eye you need to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...utm_term=first

"But it’s not true. Indeed, it’s nonsense from start to finish. Jones isn’t a martyr; she’s a myth-peddler. She isn’t a scientist; she’s a fabulist. She’s not a whistleblower; she’s a good old-fashioned confidence trickster. And, like any confidence trickster, she understands her marks better than they understand themselves. On Twitter, on cable news, in Cosmopolitan, and beyond, Jones knows exactly which buttons to push in order to rally the gullible and get out her message. Sober Democrats have tried to inform their party about her: “You may see a conspiracy theory and you want it to be true and you believe it to be true and you forward it to try to make it be true, but that doesn’t make it true,” warns Jared Moskowitz, the progressive Democrat who has led Florida’s fight against COVID. But his warnings have fallen on deaf ears. Since she first made her claims a little under a year ago, Jones has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars through multiple GoFundMe accounts (and, once she realized that she was losing a percentage to credit-card fees, through paper checks); she has become a darling of the online Left; and, by pointing to her own, privately run dashboard, which shows numbers that make Florida’s COVID response look worse than it has been, she has caused millions of people to believe quite sincerely that the state’s many successes during the pandemic have been built atop fraud. Stephen Glass, the famous writer-turned-liar who spent years inventing stories but got caught when he pushed it too far, could only have dreamed of such a result."

Any apologies from the media who smeared the highly effective governor of Florida for peddling this shit? Nah didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    the highly effective governor of Florida
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Absolutely fantastic news that all vaccines do a fantastic job #8,135
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...utm_term=first

"But it’s not true. Indeed, it’s nonsense from start to finish. Jones isn’t a martyr; she’s a myth-peddler. She isn’t a scientist; she’s a fabulist. She’s not a whistleblower; she’s a good old-fashioned confidence trickster. And, like any confidence trickster, she understands her marks better than they understand themselves. On Twitter, on cable news, in Cosmopolitan, and beyond, Jones knows exactly which buttons to push in order to rally the gullible and get out her message. Sober Democrats have tried to inform their party about her: “You may see a conspiracy theory and you want it to be true and you believe it to be true and you forward it to try to make it be true, but that doesn’t make it true,” warns Jared Moskowitz, the progressive Democrat who has led Florida’s fight against COVID. But his warnings have fallen on deaf ears. Since she first made her claims a little under a year ago, Jones has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars through multiple GoFundMe accounts (and, once she realized that she was losing a percentage to credit-card fees, through paper checks); she has become a darling of the online Left; and, by pointing to her own, privately run dashboard, which shows numbers that make Florida’s COVID response look worse than it has been, she has caused millions of people to believe quite sincerely that the state’s many successes during the pandemic have been built atop fraud. Stephen Glass, the famous writer-turned-liar who spent years inventing stories but got caught when he pushed it too far, could only have dreamed of such a result."

Any apologies from the media who smeared the highly effective governor of Florida for peddling this shit? Nah didn't think so.
    I haven't read your article, because I won't give them the traffic. I have read synopses of it from more neutral sources. In it they are making new claims about actions she took a year ago, no trace of which has been alleged before now. Further, it took them more than four months to come up with these new claims after she was charged with "stealing data" (something they didn't charge her with until a judge told them they'd have to return her computers and stop obstructing her protected activities if she wasn't under arrest) What that tells us is that it took them a while to write a bunch of lies which wouldn't leave them open to a straight libel lawsuit after they realized that arresting her wasn't enough to silence her. And it's almost amazing how quickly DeSantis' official private site started trumpeting about the NR piece. Kinda odd since it really shouldn't have much to do with him directly. . . unless this was all a coordinated bit of political theater.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Just booked my second dose for 26 June, which is 8 weeks to the day since first dose, now the spacing ratio has been reduced from 12 to 8 weeks.

Wonder if I'll be given a second AZN or something else since they're now not giving first doses for AZN for under-40s anymore?

Rather hopeful that all first doses will be given out before I get my second, should be the priority.

Filler episode

Second dose coming up on wednesday. Most of us have gone for a heterologous prime-boost protocol that'll probably be followed by another dose of an mRNA vaccine in Autumn. The covid situation in my county and at my hospital is now much more manageable, which has allowed my clinic to resume our regular activity for the time being. With almost all my close friends and family having received at least one dose, the mental pressure is beginning to lift.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Breaking news: News journalists & presenters around the world are shitting bricks as the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch Covid-19 variant has been identified in Wales.

Pfully Pfizered.
    The second dose made me feel somewhat ill for a day, just like many others have reported. The day after, back to normal.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    Pfully Pfizered.
    The second dose made me feel somewhat ill for a day, just like many others have reported. The day after, back to normal.
    Nice most people I've spoken with were properly knocked out by the second dose of the mRNA vaccines. I got Moderna's vaccine for my second dose, yesterday, and now I have a fever, but otherwise fine apart from soreness in my shoulder. Both doses have caused more soreness than I'm used to, which seems to be the case with most other people as well. Anyway, I was supposed to be at the clinic today but that's a wash so it'll have to come out of my research time instead

I was fully (Pfizer) vaccinated in February, so it's rather hard (but nice) to see you guys rejoice so late in the game.

PS I'd hate to be an Olympic athlete at this juncture....

Very good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Nice most people I've spoken with were properly knocked out by the second dose of the mRNA vaccines. I got Moderna's vaccine for my second dose, yesterday, and now I have a fever, but otherwise fine apart from soreness in my shoulder. Both doses have caused more soreness than I'm used to, which seems to be the case with most other people as well. Anyway, I was supposed to be at the clinic today but that's a wash so it'll have to come out of my research time instead
    Yeah, it was a worse reaction than any I've ever had before, save for a tick-borne encephalitis shot a couple of years ago. The sore shoulder was unpleasant, too, since I tend to sleep on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I was fully (Pfizer) vaccinated in February, so it's rather hard (but nice) to see you guys rejoice so late in the game.
    In my case, that's due to the fact that Latvia has a long-standing national tradition of reinventing the wheel whenever something of importance has to be implemented; if there was a need to, say, hand out bicycles to the general population, we wouldn't just buy a bunch of bicycles and distribute them. That's not our way. No, we need our own - it'll involve creation of several agencies responsible for separate parts of the bicycles, another agency to coordinate those, then the distribution network, another layer of coordinators for good measure, and after a while we would have, after spending absurd amounts of money and way more time than necessary, delivered the bicycles to everyone. Sure, the wheels would be rectangular, the chain - made of play-doh and the entire thing would be slightly on fire, but hey - that's our own work. We made it, and we did it our way (cue the national anthem).
    This applies to the current vaccination campaign as well. For a long time we were lagging behind both Lithuania and Estonia despite having started from more or less same positions, as far as vaccine deliveries are concerned. We did manage to mess that up, too - it turns out that we had refused part of the Pfizer vaccine doses that were offered to us, in favor of AZN (which was delivered in smaller numbers than expected, so that threw a spanner in the gears of the whole thing for a while) - the whole deal was investigated, of course, with the preliminary conclusion that, despite having created a dedicated agency to oversee and coordinate the vaccination campaign (in the spirit of the aforementioned tradition, it was decided that the Ministry of Health and Centre for Disease Prevention and Control of Latvia - which was created to deal with this exact sort of thing - somehow aren't enough), nobody appears to have been responsible for that decision. As in, every involved official claims that they didn't have "the final say" in the matter, so I guess we are to assume that whatever vaccine deals we did make just materialized out of thin air. The investigation is still ongoing, but it has fully entered the farcical witch hunt territory.
    Then, the registration system to sign up for the vaccination had to be made from scratch (yes, we needed our own, naturally), and once it was launched and people started signing up, it was promptly announced that it's just a test launch, so people will either have to sign up again later, or the responsible agency (whichever that might be) would have to migrate the "test" database to the real thing - picking one of these options also didn't go quite as well, but eventually we had a (semi)functional system in place. I signed up, was instructed that I'd be assigned a time and place to get my vaccine eventually, so at that point I just had to wait. It took a while, and I actually was supposed to get my shot even later - it's just that at some point it was decided to designate "people who signed up early on" as one of the priority groups slightly ahead in the queue from the "everyone else" group where I was originally supposed to be. I really wanted to get my shot as early as possible for the simple reason that I believe it is just a matter of time until someone in charge finds a novel way to mess the whole thing up some more.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

It's my turn.

I'll have 2 please.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I haven't read your article, because I won't give them the traffic. I have read synopses of it from more neutral sources. In it they are making new claims about actions she took a year ago, no trace of which has been alleged before now. Further, it took them more than four months to come up with these new claims after she was charged with "stealing data" (something they didn't charge her with until a judge told them they'd have to return her computers and stop obstructing her protected activities if she wasn't under arrest) What that tells us is that it took them a while to write a bunch of lies which wouldn't leave them open to a straight libel lawsuit after they realized that arresting her wasn't enough to silence her. And it's almost amazing how quickly DeSantis' official private site started trumpeting about the NR piece. Kinda odd since it really shouldn't have much to do with him directly. . . unless this was all a coordinated bit of political theater.
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...blower-status/

I'd say that this is just another nail in DeathSantis' dreams of being POTUS, but as we can see by the hit piece lewk already shared, facts continue to not matter to these type of people.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

On a separate note we finally convinced our 15 year old to start her shots. 2 days of bitching after her first jab, and her 2nd is scheduled after vacation.

Here's what's England's premier newspaper has been up to, in the wake of stupid articles in more serious journals over the past week or so:

Bank holiday effect, but still zero Covid deaths reported in the UK for the first time since the pandemic began yesterday. Zero in England for the second day in a row (there's been a couple of times recently with zero in England, but some in Scotland or Wales making yesterday unique).

Still though headbanging irrational scientist drama queens shrilling for attention under the discredited "Independent SAGE" moniker like Pagel are still saying innumerate bullshit like there could be "a third wave worse than the first or second".

These fools trying to mislead the public selling their credibility to become media whores constantly on the BBC, Sky, Guardian etc need to be laughed away for the terrible way they're trying to mislead the public. There should always be a right for contrarian scientists to say what they want to say without fear of sanctions, but the media need to stop lapping it up just because its contrarian and pretending its credible science and not innumerate claptrap.

Though even a few of the former Zero Covidiots have started to see the writing is on the wall. Devi Sridhar has been Sky's go-to Zero Covid idiot but is now getting replaced by Pagel most of the time now that even she won't parrot that lie anymore.

Over 75% of UK adults have been vaccinated now. Just under 50% double-vaccinated.

Also Canada's first dose numbers recently have been absolutely stunning. They've gone from nowhere to even catching up with the UK on first doses. Negligible second dose numbers yet but great job on what they've done.

Great to see countries have been able to learn from the success of others and are now doing first doses as first priority. Will save so many lives which is what matters.

My little sister and my mother have both received their second dose, so now it's just my wife and my littlest sisters left. My wife should receive her first dose in a week or two, and the second dose in July. Wards are calm, and the ICU situation is much improved—only 3 or 4 covid patients in ICU in my region, and 150-ish still in ICU nationally (a handful of new admissions, may in reality be intermediate care in small hospitals). Summer always constitutes a natural lockdown, in Sweden, so that oughtta help. I had last week off, but being on call last night was much less of a hassle than it was just a few weeks ago. Summer will be good, but things are gonna go to shit at many hospitals over the coming year—already extremely alarming signs of upcoming staffing issues due to widespread and severe burnout. Several other sectors are likely to be hit hard, but the attrition is likely to be spread out over longer periods of time, and I believe there'll be fewer people resigning outright in those sectors. "Long covid"/PASC crisis still looming around the corner, and nobody's really prepared. Simplest and most appealing approach is to pretend it doesn't exist.

Since all the cool people here are all getting vaccinated, I'm jumping on the bandwagon, and booked my shots for June and July. Going to get either pfizer or moderna.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Same here, June & July.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Where do we get the app that tracks the nanobots they injected us with?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    That's embedded in the latest security update of your phone. You'll notice 5G works faster and became more reliable. You may feel urges to update your status on Facebook.
    Congratulations America

cult:

The cultists are the people who think post-vaccines that masks etc are still required. Vaccines have done the job, the risk of collapse of healthcare is over. Not all countries have rolled out vaccines yet, but those that have, it is time to get back to normal - and let it be on businesses and customers what they want to do. I wouldn't visit that shop, but if others want to that's a free society.

Its farcical that they're still required here by law. The government here is doing a terrible job in still infringing civil liberties months after the threats of the NHS being overwhelmed were dealt with and eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post

Check with the Whore of Babylon.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Check with the Whore of Babylon.
    CitizenCain?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?