Page 29 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Johnson discharged from hospital and from what he and Carrie are saying it sounds like it was very touch and go with his survival in ICU. Glad he pulled through.
    From what we know now it seems more likely that what was told about his status during his sickbed were blatant lies. Unless of course ECMO became a first defense in the NHS.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    From what we know now it seems more likely that what was told about his status during his sickbed were blatant lies. Unless of course ECMO became a first defense in the NHS.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I don't know. I think it's clear he was sick and he deteriorated and once he was taken to ICU they were quite clear it was serious. You don't get taken to ICU for shits and giggles whatever fools like Carole Codswallop infer on Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I don't know. I think it's clear he was sick and he deteriorated and once he was taken to ICU they were quite clear it was serious. You don't get taken to ICU for shits and giggles whatever fools like Carole Codswallop infer on Twitter.
    The information is hidden in de nurses he thanked for their roles in saving his life; Luis Pitarma is 'part of the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation programme', though there is some discussion about it, I understand you don't use the procedure early on in treatment. Things typically have gone seriously wrong before you do.
    Congratulations America

Yes which is why he was in ICU. There was no hiding the fact he was critically ill in ICU. Only a few "journalists" like Carole Cadswallop claimed he wasn't really ill and was "in hiding" a Tweet I believe she's now deleted.

He took 10 days to go to hospital and then 24 hours more to go to ICU - it follows the pattern of other patients that if you don't get better after ten days of symptoms then you can deteriorate fast. When he went to ICU there were journalists and others reporting that he had a 50/50 chance of survival - indeed rather sickly before the bookmakers suspended the market the odds of him "leaving office" in 2020 (which is an ongoing market all the time normally) came in to close to 50%. The bookmakers rightly suspended the market as it's meant to be a politics not morbidity market.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Yes which is why he was in ICU. There was no hiding the fact he was critically ill in ICU. Only a few "journalists" like Carole Cadswallop claimed he wasn't really ill and was "in hiding" a Tweet I believe she's now deleted.

He took 10 days to go to hospital and then 24 hours more to go to ICU - it follows the pattern of other patients that if you don't get better after ten days of symptoms then you can deteriorate fast. When he went to ICU there were journalists and others reporting that he had a 50/50 chance of survival - indeed rather sickly before the bookmakers suspended the market the odds of him "leaving office" in 2020 (which is an ongoing market all the time normally) came in to close to 50%. The bookmakers rightly suspended the market as it's meant to be a politics not morbidity market.
    It was implied he was getting oxygen and otherwise doing well. Now it turns out that - unless they were trying out something new - he was dealing with (potential) failures of heart lungs and other organs. I call that being excessively creative with the facts.

Don't you think British people should know that their PM could possibly die within hours? Rather than being told he's all chipper and sitting up in bed?

You were annoyed at the repeated asking of the question who was in charge. Now it turns out the question is still: 'who was in charge?'
    Congratulations America

They said he was critically ill. I said he was critically ill and the answer to the question "who was in charge" was Dominic Raab. It still is Dominic Raab, not Boris Johnson by the way as Johnson is still not working and is recovering as is standard for anyone who has been in ICU. I think we all knew the PM could possibly die within hours, the announcement he had survived the night and remained in ICU - then the announcement he had survived a second night and was improving and now in a stable condition in ICU . . . it didn't take a genius to see this was serious.

Only idiot extremist journalists like the ever absurd Carole and The Economist's European Editor who couldn't see the woods for the trees pretended this was fake.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

They said he was critically ill. I said he was critically ill and the answer to the question "who was in charge" was Dominic Raab. It still is Dominic Raab, not Boris Johnson by the way as Johnson is still not working and is recovering as is standard for anyone who has been in ICU. I think we all knew the PM could possibly die within hours, the announcement he had survived the night and remained in ICU - then the announcement he had survived a second night and was improving and now in a stable condition in ICU . . . it didn't take a genius to see this was serious.

Only idiot extremist journalists like the ever absurd Carole and The Economist's European Editor who couldn't see the woods for the trees pretended this was fake.
    Thanks for repeating the facts, now compare them to what was officially said.
    Congratulations America

County voted yesterday to enact a curfew that started on the same day. People went bonkers. We got Facebook alerts, forced SMS alerts, county texts, and phone calls. Haven't heard yet how many people didn't get the memo.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

24 hour curfew ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

No just 9pm - 5am.

Florida being run by a Trumplite moron we didn't have any official state wide rules concerning movement. It's all being done in a half ass county by county method.

The governor did do some lip service that it's "safer at home" and only leave the house for essential services, but nearly everything is considered essential, from chruches to WWE wrestling.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-14-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Trump tried playing a propaganda video at his last "covid press briefing", ended up confirming to the world his absolute failure to prepare for this pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...s/coronavirus/

Defunding the WHO mid-pandemic to try to divert attention away from your staggering incompetence is as dangerous as it is pathetic. The rest of this briefing was absolutely fucking mental ofc.

WHO carried water for China. Until they get new leadership that isn't as corrupt no tax dollars should go to them. They also need to Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    WHO carried water for China...
    Do you dispute this account of The WHO Timeline COVID-19 ? Do you have alternative facts you'd like to share?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/c...ly-kept-secret
    Considering Florida is a fucking mecca for old farts, this type of bullshit is only going to end up killing more and more people.

WHO carried water for China. Until they get new leadership that isn't as corrupt no tax dollars should go to them. They also need to Taiwan.
    Stop, you're being stupid again. Any stupid case for defunding WHO during a pandemic is a stronger case for locking up your president, most of his administration, a fair number of GOP congressmen, GOP politicians and an army of Republican pundits. I cannot believe how easy it is to con you.

They also need to Taiwan.
    Why? Trump hasn't and isn't going to. Taiwan doesn't want them to either. Is the status quo a case of the Emperor wearing no clothes? Yes. Is that ridiculous? Absolutely. Is pointing it out worth someone (maybe not you, Lewk, but certainly people elsewhere though I realize that instantly guarantees you don't care) getting "beheaded" by the Emperor in retaliation? Not at all.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Signing back on. Family got it, mostly mild cases. One fatality of older relative.

Amazing how this confirms everyone's political ideas.

I'm just gonna leave this here because it is too glorious to not be shared:

Lewk no longer gets to complain about BLM or the Occupy movement blocking highways.

Click to view the full version

Fucking morons.

At least with the cars they were protesting social distancing while practicing social distancing. That shows them to be the brain dead mob that they are.

I don't claim any sort of kinship with these retards. While I agree in principal with *some* of what they were protesting their execution was absolute shit.

We all need a laugh, please explain what you agree with and maybe some sort of proof that such things were presented at the protest

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Signing back on. Family got it, mostly mild cases. One fatality of older relative.
    Sorry for your loss.

Amazing how this confirms everyone's political ideas.
    Do you mean within your family, or the US at large?

It's fascinating from a human behavior aspect, but not sure it confirms political ideas. If anything this virus is exposing hypocrisies and cognitive dissonance among Republicans and red states. They used to complain about "Death Panels" (in the ACA) and claim to be pro-life, but now they're willing to spread an infection that *will* kill people....so they can get their hair done and buy grass seed?

I don't claim any sort of kinship with these retards. While I agree in principal with *some* of what they were protesting their execution was absolute shit.

Do you think the virus recognizes the *principles* they were protesting? Like the local government limiting some of their freedom of movement with regulation, because they wouldn't voluntarily cooperate? Come on, man. Stop propping up teh stupid by calling it liberty. And educate yourself about R Nought variables:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/25/1/17-1901_article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number

We all need a laugh, please explain what you agree with and maybe some sort of proof that such things were presented at the protest
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ic-jam-protest

The new version of the order banned travel between homes and didn't grant exemptions for workers like landscapers, whom politicians argue can work while remaining socially distant. Protesters were also upset that normal life has been shut down all over the state.

The idea of not allowing people who can safely social distance to work is stupid and asinine.