Page 43 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Got my COVID19 test back. Negative and so is my wife.
    Great news. Happy for you both.

We've dealt with so much of this guy's bullshit that we've already moved on from the sharpie jokes.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Remember how I said that Spanish numbers were wrong? They've just been updated with 12,000 extra deaths that were missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Remember how I said that Spanish numbers were wrong? They've just been updated with 12,000 extra deaths that were missing.
    They revised their excess mortality stats as delayed reports came in. It doesn't make your numbers look much more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    They revised their excess mortality stats as delayed reports came in. It doesn't make your numbers look much more reliable.
    I said it was known that a lot of care home deaths in Spain were missing from their reports and got told their data was accurate. I was right, they're adding in the missing deaths just like I'd said.

I take no pleasure in being right, I'd rather there not be an extra 12k dead anywhere hence the sad face.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I said it was known that a lot of care home deaths in Spain were missing from their reports and got told their data was accurate. I was right, they're adding in the missing deaths just like I'd said.
    You were asked why you think the UK excess mortality data is much better, and why you expect that purported advantage to substantially change anything, given your own excess mortality data suggested you may be failing to attribute more than 60% of the excess deaths.

I said I didn't think the data coming from Spain was accurate and the data from elsewhere struggling was timely, so we'd need to wait for the data to come out. This isn't 12k already reported excess deaths being transferred to the COVID column, this is 12k missing dead people that hadn't been registered. Tragic.

If Trump had responded to COVID-19 has quickly as he did for being fact checked on Twitter the US would never had to shutdown to begin with.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

US to cut ties with WHO. There's something fishy going on in the WHO, but this is just such a dumb way to handle it at such a dumb time.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    The WHO being "fishy" is just the natural result of them being completely and utterly reliant on cooperation. They have to be invited in and they also rely on the truthfulness of the member states.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Away from politics it's important to keep in mind the little things that can make us smile.

It's been interesting to see how TV shows have reinvented themselves for social distancing but socially distanced Sesame Street has to be one of the funniest things I've seen. Not watching it myself but keep hearing giggles of laughter from the kids as they watch Elmo having Zoom style conversations with Cookie Monster and other friends.

Chloe's currently doing Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes with Elmo and Anne Hathaway on Zoom on TV

Amazing how the media is now ignoring the dangers of not social distancing as they try to spur on more unrest. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    US to cut ties with WHO. There's something fishy going on in the WHO, but this is just such a dumb way to handle it at such a dumb time.
    What a great way to decrease China's influence in the organization by letting China run the organization.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Amazing how the media is now ignoring the dangers of not social distancing as they try to spur on more unrest. What a bunch of hypocrites.
    Maybe if your country stopped murdering black men there wouldn't be unrest.

Why haven't the three other officers been arrested for Felony Murder yet?

What's the initial felony they'd be charged with?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

They were an integral part of the manslaughter.

Quick question RB what's the death rate for black folks per 100k for death by cop?

Quick question RB what's the death rate for black folks per 100k for death by cop?
    How are you still this stupid? Are you some kind of moron?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    In the interest of posterity, I predict this pandemic will produce a degree of stagflation never seen in recorded history. Prices will soar and wages will stagnate. Wealth inequality will increase and homelessness will become how we define poverty.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...OHQ?li=BBnbfcN
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    How are you still this stupid? Are you some kind of moron?
    As always I have a point and clearly you can't say it.

Do you think Covid is still a threat? If you do then protests where social distancing is ignored will lead to a second wave and the deaths in the black community per 100k are going to dwarf the deaths per 100k by cop. The simple reality is that death by cop is a relatively rare thing considering all other forms of death in America. And even with that, most death by cop is justified, most are not unarmed.

Do you think Covid is still a threat? If you do then protests where social distancing is ignored will lead to a second wave and the deaths in the black community per 100k are going to dwarf the deaths per 100k by cop. The simple reality is that death by cop is a relatively rare thing considering all other forms of death in America. And even with that, most death by cop is justified, most are not unarmed.
    Again, are you some kind of moron, or is there some other reason you're being stupid?

Is it because you're a sad little bootlicker?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    They were an integral part of the manslaughter.
    If they engaged in manslaughter than they get charged with manslaughter. To be charged with felony murder you need to be charged with a different felony and then have a dead guy result. There is no "integral part of a manslaughter" charge besides manslaughter itself.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    If they engaged in manslaughter than they get charged with manslaughter. To be charged with felony murder you need to be charged with a different felony and then have a dead guy result. There is no "integral part of a manslaughter" charge besides manslaughter itself.
    Fair enough. Accessory might be the better offense.

Last edited by Loki; 05-31-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Wait, what?

Death by cop, and police brutality don't have to be "rare" to be antithetical to Democratic norms. But even when there's a clear pattern over time that exposes Police actions as extensions of tyrannical authoritarianism, you still can't see it as a threat?

WTF, forget covid, maybe the virus we really need to worry about comes from trolls like you.

Fair enough. Accessory might be the better offense.
    Not typically a felony but a misdemeanor. If it is a misdemeanor in the context then it cannot be the hook for a felony-murder rider.

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/202...e-hefty-fines/

MacIver News Service | May 29, 2020

Dane County and the City of Madison told Catholic churches on Thursday to limit mass attendance to 50 people or face hefty fines, according to an email from the diocese obtained by the MacIver News Service.

https://twitter.com/patrickdmarley/s...24696173412352

"Madison protest continues. Police chief says they aren’t arresting people tonight."

What a fucked up part of the country. We are going to use police resources to monitor church attendance but not use police resources to stop people from violating the 50+ gathering rule *while looting and rioting.* Clown world.

You make a great tyranophile. Let's allow the government to ban protests. Let's give China a run for its money.

You make a great tyranophile. Let's allow the government to ban protests. Let's give China a run for its money.
    I am in favor of peaceful protesters who obey the law. Always will be. Once you break the law, you are criminals and are treated as such. Now I'm not talking about jaywalking or some nonsense but actual laws such as assault, vandalism, burglary, battery etc.