Page 45 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

If you want a better understanding for how dishonest Lewk is being just look at Florida. He keeps pointing out Florida as a shining example, but as we plow blindly into reopening our infection numbers have set record highs day after day for a week straight. Memorial Day fucked us HARD.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    If you want a better understanding for how dishonest Lewk is being just look at Florida. He keeps pointing out Florida as a shining example, but as we plow blindly into reopening our infection numbers have set record highs day after day for a week straight. Memorial Day fucked us HARD.
    Deaths per 100k Florida is over 10x better than NY.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Deaths per 100k Florida is over 10x better than NY.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/
    Loki already tried to warn you about the risks of only looking at deaths. But here you go reinforcing the point I was making. Thanks?

and by the way, our Governor has decided to not share deaths in nursing homes, prisons, or those determined by medical examiners. Thats all hidden behind FOIA requests now.

So, hows that compare to New York's transparency, you dishonest little shit?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Hidden by FOIA? FOIA allows you to request things from the government, I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Hidden behind, not by. Christ you are a stupid motherfucker. As in hidden behind a door. A door labeled FOIA. A door that requires official filings, long ass waits, and usually money, to unlock.

You are so fucking petty you will play dumb on wording to distract and avoid doing actual research.

Soon somebody will tell us covid-19 is just another flu.
    Congratulations America

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Only the blue states are reflecting these true high averages. For the red states these numbers are fake news. Obvs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

We have one hospital in the bay area that is reporting a full covid unit, as in no designated beds available. Next couple of weeks could get very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Fascinating thread. The graph in Tweet 7 is shocking.
    Madrid. Protests against racism. Suddenly, leftism causes magical immunity against COVID-19.

Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Interestingly enough Spain has done far worse than America in terms of per capita Covid deaths.

Interestingly enough, read about confounding variables.
    Hope is the denial of reality

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...troyed-rioters

"White House coronavirus task force coordinator Deborah Birx says that dozens of COVID-19 testing sites have been destroyed by rioters during the recent Black Lives Matter protests, a setback the Trump administration fears could contribute to the continued spread of the disease throughout the country.

Numerous recent Black Lives Matter demonstrations, sparked by the killing of Minneapolis resident George Floyd at the hands of local police, have descended into chaos and violence as some protesters have taken to property destruction, clashing with police and looting.

Among the consequences of those riots has been the destruction of 70 COVID-19 testing sites across the country. Birx confirmed that in a call to state governors Monday, audio of which was obtained by the Daily Beast."

Destroy Covid testing areas for social justice! Clown world.

Going by how the police have been acting I wonder how many of those sites were destroyed because they confused them for first aid stations.

America #1! oh..wait... America #10!

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...t-yahoo-2020-6

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...troyed-rioters

"White House coronavirus task force coordinator Deborah Birx says that dozens of COVID-19 testing sites have been destroyed by rioters during the recent Black Lives Matter protests, a setback the Trump administration fears could contribute to the continued spread of the disease throughout the country.

Numerous recent Black Lives Matter demonstrations, sparked by the killing of Minneapolis resident George Floyd at the hands of local police, have descended into chaos and violence as some protesters have taken to property destruction, clashing with police and looting.

Among the consequences of those riots has been the destruction of 70 COVID-19 testing sites across the country. Birx confirmed that in a call to state governors Monday, audio of which was obtained by the Daily Beast."

Destroy Covid testing areas for social justice! Clown world.
    I flat out don't believe her. That looks like classic Trump WH lying. There are less than 500 of the sites across the country in the first place and I'd be very surprised if there are 70 destroyed buildings in the overall rioting total. Even with the tendency of rioting to target pharmacies (see the ridiculously high cost of drugs and healthcare in this country) there's simply no way this is anything but Birx following orders from Trump to lie.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I flat out don't believe her. That looks like classic Trump WH lying. There are less than 500 of the sites across the country in the first place and I'd be very surprised if there are 70 destroyed buildings in the overall rioting total. Even with the tendency of rioting to target pharmacies (see the ridiculously high cost of drugs and healthcare in this country) there's simply no way this is anything but Birx following orders from Trump to lie.
    Is reading a script the same as lying? If that's the case then every actor on the planet is a liar and that gives cover for every lie Trump tells since he is a Reality TV actor.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Testing is so shit in this country a lot of testing sites are a bunch of tents and tables along the roadside. So 1) there should have been no critical equipment left sitting around to destroy and 2) if a site was destroyed, I would suspect by police, think it was a staging ground or first aid station.

Testing is so shit in this country a lot of testing sites are a bunch of tents and tables along the roadside. So 1) there should have been no critical equipment left sitting around to destroy and 2) if a site was destroyed, I would suspect by police, think it was a staging ground or first aid station.
    That's an interesting way of looking at it - why is it bad to use a tent or table set up along the roadside for testing? The testing procedure isn't terribly complicated - it does not require much in the way of infrastructure. As an added benefit, not having lots of potentially sick people congregating in a small area inside, (which would require constant cleaning and maintenance to keep both those being tested and those performing the tests safe) seems like a good thing, not a bad thing. Additionally it can give hospitals and testing facilities more flexibility, segregates potential carriers away from those who are not there for COVID-19 related reasons (and potentially more at risk), and also allows for testing to be more convenient. We have had drive through testing locations in our state - is that shit too?

Really not understanding the correlation between testing sites and quality of the testing.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 06-11-2020 at 07:18 PM.

The states that are seeing surges (while still relatively small) clearly have people who thought their early luck meant they didn't have to continue following social distancing. My family in the south had a pool party last weekend. Go to work, be careful but the point of flattening the curve is to flatten it -- the curve isn't gone yet. @ folks who are rushing out to do everything.

On the plus side, my family in the north has a full array of antibodies so we will join the next round of looting and walk as divine beings amongst the soon-to-be infected zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    That's an interesting way of looking at it - why is it bad to use a tent or table set up along the roadside for testing? The testing procedure isn't terribly complicated - it does not require much in the way of infrastructure. As an added benefit, not having lots of potentially sick people congregating in a small area inside, (which would require constant cleaning and maintenance to keep both those being tested and those performing the tests safe) seems like a good thing, not a bad thing. Additionally it can give hospitals and testing facilities more flexibility, segregates potential carriers away from those who are not there for COVID-19 related reasons (and potentially more at risk), and also allows for testing to be more convenient. We have had drive through testing locations in our state - is that shit too?

Really not understanding the correlation between testing sites and quality of the testing.
    I was thinking more in the grand scheme of how testing was rolled out and how access was so restrictive and expensive that people were so put off from visiting their PCP or a hospital. This country shouldn't have had to fall back on using abandoned parking lots or shuttered stadiums to conduct testing so people had access. When the local government tried to open our stadium for free testing they ran out of tests on the first day of operations. There should have been a way for PCPs and their facilities to be included for better reach, but our for profit system and poor preparation aborted any concept of that turning into a reality. My job is implementing curbside pickup of materials countywide starting Monday, at the properties we already own; if a library can do it on site, the medical field should have been able to. And we are talking about health care facilities, cleaning and maintenance should already be a part of their operations, especially during flu season (which also saw a drop in infection because of covid preautions).

Hey, if the WH Corona Virus Task Force (and Dr. Birx) has something important to say to the American people...then why haven't they held a public briefing for over a month?

Fuzzy is right, the whole thing reeks with Trump's lies, and his enablers. Such a shame.

Stunning graph to show the incompetence of the Red governors who had ample forewarning of what was coming and have just let it keep coming.

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I was thinking more in the grand scheme of how testing was rolled out and how access was so restrictive and expensive that people were so put off from visiting their PCP or a hospital. This country shouldn't have had to fall back on using abandoned parking lots or shuttered stadiums to conduct testing so people had access. When the local government tried to open our stadium for free testing they ran out of tests on the first day of operations. There should have been a way for PCPs and their facilities to be included for better reach, but our for profit system and poor preparation aborted any concept of that turning into a reality. My job is implementing curbside pickup of materials countywide starting Monday, at the properties we already own; if a library can do it on site, the medical field should have been able to. And we are talking about health care facilities, cleaning and maintenance should already be a part of their operations, especially during flu season (which also saw a drop in infection because of covid preautions).

As far as I know, and maybe this differs from state to state, but I believe it was instituted on a federal level, corona virus tests are free for patients. There obviously were and still are issues with supply, but I don't think that is a unique problem to the United States. It is possible that some of the reluctance to visit PCP or hospitals may be related to costs, but it was also related to fear of going to places where there was the perception of a much higher risk of exposure, nor was that a problem limited to our for profit system.

Again, I see criticism of using abandoned parking lots or shuttered stadiums, but that to me seems like exactly the kind of flexibility and outside the box thinking that should be applauded. A large area so people can practice proper social distancing, an environment that is not as hospitable to the spread and transmission of the virus, locations distinct and separate from other at risk populations. A nasal swab simply does not require the infrastructure of a hospital or PCP office.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Stunning graph to show the incompetence of the Red governors who had ample forewarning of what was coming and have just let it keep coming.
    The icing is that those states aren't going to close again, he shot himself in the foot repeatedly leading up to this point. These people are going to financially ruin themselves as employees are infected and won't have government overreach to blame. Around the bay we had 3 bars close down yesterday because their employees tested positive. It would be glorious self ownage if not for the whole people are dying thing.

Just throw it on the pile of stuff that Lewk has gotten completely wrong concerning covid.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-14-2020 at 09:24 PM.

New York still #1 at 157 deaths per 100k.

Georgia is at 22 deaths per 100k.

Keep your eye on the only metric that matters, people actually dying.

Don't you mean on whichever metric pro-death people like you will latch on to in order to allow them to justify policies that will lead to a further loss of life?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Don't you mean on whichever metric pro-death people like you will latch on to in order to allow them to justify policies that will lead to a further loss of life?
    Loki society won't allow a lock-down to last forever. A gradual return to normalcy while taking precautions such as usage of masks and not going to 10k+ protests will ensure a flat-ish curve that doesn't overwhelm the medical system.

New York still #1 at 157 deaths per 100k.

Georgia is at 22 deaths per 100k.

Keep your eye on the only metric that matters, people actually dying.
    Is population density the same in NY and GA?

Idiot.

Didn't you see his last brain dead excuse? Population density is somehow the fault of the current Dem leadership.