Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

The point I was trying to make is; every repost of their shit lends it credibility.
    Congratulations America

On this forum? On this forum, it will make no difference. On Twitter, sure, I can see how retweeting just to dunk on some dumbass who can't even get the drug right might be counterproductive. But, on this forum, nobody's gonna start munching HCQ because I call some grifter a moron for tweeting that Obama used an entirely different drug for an entirely different reason.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I'm seriously worried about the news that any immunity against the virus is only temporary.
    I never really understood why people are surprised about this. I always thought it was more than likely that immunity would be relatively shortlived, at least based on the information we have about other coronaviruses. It's a hard target for durable vaccination as well as herd immunity.

That doesn't mean that we won't be able to do an okay job containing the virus, but it'll probably be more expensive and take longer than we'd like.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Compulsory mask wearing in shops being introduced in England from next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Late is better than never, but maybe the UK should consider not killing its people before deciding to follow the lead of their more competent neighbors.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Compulsory mask wearing in shops being introduced in England from next week.
    I do wonder when we'll get that here in the Netherlands. Also recently in Belgium I believe. So far, even with public life being somewhat reopened and masks only mandatory in public transportation, cases remain very low (while testing is widely available). Curious to see if that will remain the case.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Late is better than never, but maybe the UK should consider not killing its people before deciding to follow the lead of their more competent neighbors.
    As Flixy have said many of our neighbours don't have this yet either. Macron has hinted today he may introduce it soon in France.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I do wonder when we'll get that here in the Netherlands. Also recently in Belgium I believe. So far, even with public life being somewhat reopened and masks only mandatory in public transportation, cases remain very low (while testing is widely available). Curious to see if that will remain the case.
    The amount of Covidiots who don't grasp why masks are officially called a "Mouth-Nose-Protection" continues to astound me.

"Oh, but I can breathe better this way." - yes, that's the whole point you daft moron!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

After posting an increase of over 15,000 Florida now holds the record for most positive cases in a single day. We're winning!
    Your state is even beating entire countries! So what's up with DeSantis punting everything to cities/mayors -- other than being a Trumpista? I haven't seen any polls, but surely he can't have "winning" approval ratings. Right?

edit: Hey, Lewk -- Texas is breaking records, too! You have to import docs and nurses from other states (or the military), put hospitals on diversion status because they're full, or build tent hospitals to handle the surge. So much winning!
    Last edited by GGT; 07-14-2020 at 09:42 PM.

He is an idiot. Plan and simple. This is a guy who couldn't figure out how gloves work and put a mask on sideways. Best as we can figure his position of putting it off on others is his way to deflect blame while not going against the orange idiot whos coattails he hopes to keep riding. But his stance on forcing schools to open might finally be enough to pin his ass to the wall once Trump gets the boot.

Crazy part is that because there is no direction from up top all the mayors and emergency groups are getting sued under the claim that they lack the authority to enact ordinances that will result in fines.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-14-2020 at 11:37 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The Back-to-School issue is huge! The mixed messages and lack of leadership just exacerbates everything.

I feel sorry for everyone with school-aged kids trying to figure this out. And it's sad that anyone related to Education (from bus drivers to Librarians) is caught in the cross-hairs, just like other "essential workers" whose health is seen as an acceptable risk, or that their lives are expendable....

1/5 of all new global cases are in just 3 US states (Florida, Texas, Arizona). That's not a result of "too much testing", as Trump has said in his Disinformation Campaign for Re-Election.

No one in his administration (or the GOP) is calling him out for lying to the public. Adding insult to injury, we have Fox News perpetuating the lies on cable TV and social media outlets. We are so screwed.
    Last edited by GGT; 07-15-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Governor of Oklahoma has tested positive. He was at Trump's Tulsa rally from which a lot of the visitors seem to have subsequently caught the virus (whether he got it from there or not I have no idea).

It seems the UK's daily death figures now are pretty useless. They're counting anyone who died in the community having ever tested positive with as a COVID death even if they died from completely unrelated causes. To put it into context George Floyd would have been reported as a COVID death under our figures.

Probably not a major issue in March and April, but proportionately now most 'death' would be accounted for by this. Excess death figures will be the only appropriate way to measure this by the end I suspect, thankfully those are currently negative and have been for nearly a month.

And:
    Home Depot isn't following Washington state's mask mandate. Says it's risky for staff
    And no, they don't think the masks themselves are risky for the staff.
    From that article:

Loren Culp, a Republican candidate for governor, announced in videos posted to social media that he opposed the statewide-mask requirement. He suggested the new law was unconstitutional.

"I will not comply. I am a free American," Culp said.

American Freedumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...eck-nr-vpx.cnn

At least we know who's to blame!

Edit: fixed link
    Last edited by Flixy; 07-17-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Even back then there were idiots who didn't know how to wear them properly.

Work has implemented temperature checks are arrival. 15 minute car ride to work with the AC blasting and I logged a temp of 96.6. So much for that safety check. Next week I'm going to look into what the procedure is if someone comes in to hot, see if I need to turn the heater on for my drive to work.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Home Depot isn't following Washington state's mask mandate. Says it's risky for staff
    And no, they don't think the masks themselves are risky for the staff.
    Looks pretty standard, certainly how it works in my store. Pretty much the same thing as happens with loss-prevention and shop-lifting. Normal associates are not supposed to confront and stop those "customers" either, that's for management and the security/Loss-Prevention people, for liability reasons. And Home Depot runs things with minimal staff, I'm not in the least surprised they don't have the security people to enforce masks.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Work is grappling with the same concerns. Higher ups are starting to plan for reopenings and want quarter occupancy, 1 hour max, and face masks. But all the buildings are minimally staff and none of us are built or trained like bouncers to handle the public who won't comply. Middle managers are rasing all kinds of fuss over it, not wanting to be the masks police, but the higher ups don't want to assign security to cover enforcing the directives they are deciding on.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-17-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Today I was at the office. It's still strange to see the place pretty much empty with half of work stations dismantled. One of those being mine. I've taken to work from a different room with a standing desk. I'm thinking of clearing out my drawers and file cabinet and go flexible altogether. My primary work place is in our living room. Which we only use for entertaining anyway, but is more pleasant than the guests bedrooms.
    Congratulations America

How bad could Trump really be? He's basically doing what any other president would've done:

It is unbelievable how fucking dumb this dude is, and, yet, he might be a thought leader for coming generations of American conservatives:

Haven't posted the scoreboard recently:

Belgium 857.55
    United Kingdom 678.59
    Spain 608.17
    Italy 579.45
    Sweden 549.24
    France 448.58
    USA 422.33
    Peru 394.35
    Chile 389.23
    Brazil 366.11

NJ jumped to 176 per 100k pop vs. NY 167.

Texas is at 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Haven't posted the scoreboard recently:
    Stop treating this like a racehorse, it's disgusting.

But if you're going to post numbers, you should cite your source.

"Score"

This isn't Pacman.