Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1941

Thread: covid-19

  1. #1831
    The protest was organised by Piers Corbyn, brother of Jeremy Corbyn. He's been a leading anti-lockdown, anti-mask, anti-vax etc campaigner and agitator. He's been leading the claims that COVID19 is a "hoax" all year long.

    Don't take my word for it, take his word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  2. #1832
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Hey Steely can you confirm that you far left wingnuts are palling it up with fascists in Trafalgar Square? I need real corroboration from a trustworthy source.
    Greater than the odds, higher than the stakes
    One shot to change the course, with no room for mistakes
    Bound with stronger will, in the hands of time
    So where's the pawn that turns the tide and keeps the game alive?

  3. #1833
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The protest was organised by Piers Corbyn, brother of Jeremy Corbyn. He's been a leading anti-lockdown, anti-mask, anti-vax etc campaigner and agitator. He's been leading the claims that COVID19 is a "hoax" all year long.

    Don't take my word for it, take his word for it.
    How many "far left" people are at the protest, and how many that are more accurately described as right wing?
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  4. #1834
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    How many "far left" people are at the protest, and how many that are more accurately described as right wing?
    How many "far left" people attended a protest organised by a decades long far left agitator and serial protestor who created the event in conjunction with David Icke? Why don't you tell me since it's your question.

    Perhaps link to your sources you have read in full since it seems to be news to you the far left were there despite the fact that the event was created and organised by Corbyn as part of a year-long campaign for which he has repeatedly been arrested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  5. #1835
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    How many "far left" people attended a protest organised by a decades long far left agitator and serial protestor who created the event in conjunction with David Icke? Why don't you tell me since it's your question.

    Perhaps link to your sources you have read in full since it seems to be news to you the far left were there despite the fact that the event was created and organised by Corbyn as part of a year-long campaign for which he has repeatedly been arrested.
    You're the one that suggested it was a combined far left and far right protest, so feel free to provide compelling evidence to that effect. From what I can see, you've only provided evidence that it's a protest for anti-establishment anti-lockdown conspiracy theorists who hold beliefs that are more prevalent in far right circles than far left. The reason I asked you is because I know that Piers Corbyn was involved, and I know that he isn't particularly representative of the British far left.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  6. #1836
    So no evidence then. If you squint and pretend all antiestablishment cranks are far right then you can try to prove anything.

    Whether Corbyn is representative is moot, he is far left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  7. #1837
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

    This is not a good start to the second wave. Worse than the issues with the app is the continuing inadequacy of the testing infrastructure:

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-stay-off-work

    Staying on top of this wave would've required all of this to work properly weeks ago. Extremely worrying. Ofc, many other developed nations are also struggling with the same solvable problems, due to political failure.
    That sounds familiar. Here there's a shortage again as well, because as cases increase more people require tests. There was also a comment on people without complaints getting tests which aren't needed, but at the same time not everybody with symptoms takes tests either. So if everyone with symptoms, and only people with symptoms got tested.. there's still be a shortage. With the added bonus that there is a much higher capacity but the government fucked up and made some bad choices. As a result almost everywhere in the country they can't meet the goal of test within 24 hours and results within 24 hours.

    On the bright side, healthcare workers and teachers get priority for tests here.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

  8. #1838
    In my despair, I rang the great physicist and meteorologist Piers Corbyn. You know Piers: he is the older brother of Jezza, and he is famous for believing that the world – on the whole – is getting colder, and that the whole global warming theory is unsound, to say the least. Piers thinks that whatever the role of humanity in affecting the temperature of the planet, that role is pitifully trivial next to the Sun, the supercolossal boiling ball of gas about which we revolve and which enables life on Earth.
    Click for a surprise
    Greater than the odds, higher than the stakes
    One shot to change the course, with no room for mistakes
    Bound with stronger will, in the hands of time
    So where's the pawn that turns the tide and keeps the game alive?

  9. #1839
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    So no evidence then. If you squint and pretend all antiestablishment cranks are far right then you can try to prove anything.

    Whether Corbyn is representative is moot, he is far left.
    Why on earth would I be offering evidence to support a claim of yours that I am skeptical of? That's your job, not mine. Why do you keep expecting other people to do your job you lazy tit?
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  10. #1840
    You're the one claiming these are from just one side, not me. I said it was cranks on both extremes (and that there's not much real difference between the two), you asked for evidence, I gave it. You're the lazy tit not me, you assumed these were from just one part of the spectrum and even after being told it's not true and shown who organised it you still pretend otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  11. #1841
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You're the one claiming these are from just one side, not me. I said it was cranks on both extremes (and that there's not much real difference between the two), you asked for evidence, I gave it. You're the lazy tit not me, you assumed these were from just one part of the spectrum and even after being told it's not true and shown who organised it you still pretend otherwise.
    You're the one who suggested this was a shared far left and far right event, yet you have not been able to offer any evidence of any substantiatial far left attendance. It is completely irrelevant who "organized" the event if that person is the only one you can even remotely characterize as "far left". Corbyn was there not as a representative of the far left but as a representative of the worst kind of conspiracy nut—a worldview that lies on a scale orthogonal to the left-right spectrum, but that mostly appeals to people who are otherwise far right, here in the west. You would've had better luck trying to make this argument about the yellow vest protests in France earlier this year.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  12. #1842
    You'd be extremely hard pressed to label Piers Corbyn 'far left' when he's a massive climate change denier who also peddles conspiracy theories about Soros and "globalists". He's far something, but I don't know what.
    Greater than the odds, higher than the stakes
    One shot to change the course, with no room for mistakes
    Bound with stronger will, in the hands of time
    So where's the pawn that turns the tide and keeps the game alive?

  13. #1843
    Can't believe he managed to distract us from the issue of the UK's testing & tracing failures, and Johnson's bullshit defenses of those failures. Shame on us, we let RB pull a Trump on us.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  14. #1844
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  15. #1845
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    More Twitter
    Dude, how much are you getting paid to inundate us with twitter links. If you find something interesting on twitter how about you link to the reference material instead to twitter.
    .

  16. #1846
    The Twitter format is good for sharing news stories for giving the URL and a snippet of the story in one go.

    Twitter is still a shit social media echo chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  17. #1847
    Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Dude, how much are you getting paid to inundate us with twitter links. If you find something interesting on twitter how about you link to the reference material instead to twitter.
    Don't worry, there's a link in the embedded tweet. You can click on it and get to the article.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  18. #1848
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Don't worry, there's a link in the embedded tweet. You can click on it and get to the article.
    Ah, I was clicking in the wrong place.
    .

  19. #1849
    UK's vaccine plans reportedly leaked: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-54375643

    Rollout expected to take 10 months.

    Prioritised "groups will be the over 65s and vulnerable, the 50-64s who have some other feature than their age, and anyone of a BME background over the age of 18"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  20. #1850
    Trump and Melania test positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

    And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

  21. #1851
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The Twitter format is good for sharing news stories for giving the URL and a snippet of the story in one go.

    Twitter is still a shit social media echo chamber.

    It's only a shit social media echo chamber if you make it one. Broaden your followers and news outlets.

  22. #1852
    Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    It's only a shit social media echo chamber if you make it one. Broaden your followers and news outlets.
    I don't use it. If I share Tweets I got them from other sites like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  23. #1853
    If you don't use it, how can you claim it's a shit social media echo chamber?

  24. #1854
    For the same reason I can claim that covid-19 is a shit virus to get without getting the virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  25. #1855
    What's the reason? The epidemiological evidence?

  26. #1856
    Precisely. There's an abundance of evidence that COVID is a nasty virus and there's an abundance of evidence that Twitter is a shit echo chamber social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  27. #1857
    You're suggesting there's epidemiological evidence of Twitter being a shit echo chamber? Let's see it, please.

  28. #1858
    Not epidemiological evidence. Evidence.

    Do you seriously think there isn't evidence that Twitter is a shit echo chamber?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  29. #1859
    I believe it -can- be, but it's up to the user.

    I guess I'm just call out your ridiculous comparison.

  30. #1860
    Covid19 can be asymptomatic too. Still a nasty virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •