Page 9 of 127 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: covid-19

I don't think he is bright enough to think that far ahead. His post is literally complaining that this adminstration isn't capable of handling this therefor all government bad while at the same time complaining that the decisions of private organizations to alter schedules will "annoy" him.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Is that based on gov't collected data or just your "hunch"?
    Its not scientific, I'm not a disease expert. But I guess we'll find out the final death total in America and bounce it off the flu death total and see the impact. Impossible to say at this point with certainty but if I were putting money on it I would say fewer deaths than the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I don't think he is bright enough to think that far ahead. His post is literally complaining that this adminstration isn't capable of handling this therefor all government bad while at the same time complaining that the decisions of private organizations to alter schedules will "annoy" him.
    Government is always inefficient. You can find this under Rs and Ds and across the globe really.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Looks like I'm going to Disney tomorrow for one last time this month. Wonder if they plan to comp the annual pass holders for lost time
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Admit it, you sung it.

Oooh another question - there was a pandemic during 2009 called the swine flu. It apparently infected 61 million - if Corono infects less can Trump brag he's a better pandemic president?

61 million Americans that is.

A course I was planning on attending here has been canceled, and we now have travel restrictions so upcoming conference and vacation in Toronto are canceled. This is good in a way because it makes it easier to rebook or cancel tickets and hotels for the remainder of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Just goes to show how being dependent on the government to get things right doesn't work out too well. :0 And I STILL think we are in overreaction mode and that the China Corona-virus will kill less people in America than the flu will this year. Gonna be a hella annoyed if a couple of events I wanted to get to this year get cancelled.
    You're an idiot!

This is precisely the sort of [rare] thing ONLY the government can do! With help from private companies as required too, we all need to work together.

This is a national [international] pandemic emergency. The government should step in because this is about National Defence essentially if you want to think about it that way. Defence from an invisible killer, but a killer nonetheless.

What you're saying is akin to saying that we should abolish the military because we should rely on private security to defend us. This is a matter of security for everyone and only a coordinated response can work.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

61 million Americans that is.
    That's bullshit, don't know where you got that fake news from but its laughable embarrassing.

2009 Swine Flu infected 43,771 Americans and killed 1,265
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    That's bullshit, don't know where you got that fake news from but its laughable embarrassing.

He still believes it. He'll still repeat it, as tho it were true, to everyone he knows, arguing to convince anyone skeptical.

In other news, my state just closed the school system until Apr 6th.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Just goes to show how being dependent on A REPUBLICAN RUN government to get things right doesn't work out too well. :0 And I STILL think we are in overreaction mode and that the China Corona-virus will kill less people in America than the flu will this year. Gonna be a hella annoyed if a couple of events I wanted to get to this year get cancelled.
    Fixed for accuracy.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    There's a ton of people who just developed psychosomatic coronavirus.
    I have a doctor friend who works in a part of the country that doesn't vaccinate and public defecation is mandated. The number of panic likely-not-sick cases she has seen would be hilarious if not so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to toilet paper, it will take hold of you and you will resent it's absence"

Trump administration blocks states from using Medicaid to respond to coronavirus crisis
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...navirus-crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    public defecation is mandated
    I'm gonna need some more explanation here.

Oooh another question - there was a pandemic during 2009 called the swine flu. It apparently infected 61 million - if Corono infects less can Trump brag he's a better pandemic president?
    Let me guess. Trump or someone representing him said something like that on Fox last night?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

State issued a new directive this morning. Anyone returning from a cruise must self quarantine for 2 weeks. That's going to burn work for a while since we have a few that are on a cruise ship right now.

Also got an email form GameStop concerning their internal Corona taskforce lol

Did they try and get you to pre-order the vaccine?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Did they try and get you to pre-order the vaccine?
    LOL

All elections in this country for this year have been cancelled and rescheduled for next year.

Email said 2 things
    Sick employees will be barred from working (so what was the old policy?)
    Shop online and use pickup in store to make your purchase fast and personal (thought we were trying to avoid that?)

https://theweek.com/speedreads/90200...elp-reelection
    Trump reportedly rejected aggressive coronavirus testing in hopes it would help his re-election

Surprising absolutely no one.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

The number is from a very rough estimate that's cited on an old page on CDC's website:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21342903

The reasoning is stupid. That pandemic is one reason why nations are trying to be more proactive now. Another stupid thing about this line of reasoning is that there was a strong and widespread negative reaction at the time, among the public and in the media, but nations did not go to sufficiently great lengths to slow down spread - mostly for understandable reasons. We're more aware now, even if Lewk's 30-y-o Boomer brain has turned into goop.

Politics of a pandemic:

This country is a meritocracy:

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The number is from a very rough estimate that's cited on an old page on CDC's website:

The reasoning is stupid. That pandemic is one reason why nations are trying to be more proactive now. Another stupid thing about this line of reasoning is that there was a strong and widespread negative reaction at the time, among the public and in the media, but nations did not go to sufficiently great lengths to slow down spread - mostly for understandable reasons. We're more aware now, even if Lewk's 30-y-o Boomer brain has turned into goop.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_f..._United_States

"On April 26, 2009, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services declared Swine Flu a public health emergency. [126] On October 24, 2009, President Barack Obama declared Swine Flu a national emergency in the United States. On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died.[127] On December 10, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 50 million Americans or 1 in 6 people had been infected with the 2009 A H1N1 Virus and 10,000 Americans had died, by which time the vaccine was beginning to be widely distributed to the general public by several states.[128] On December 23, 2009 the CDC reported a reduction of the disease by 59% percent and the disease was expected to end in the United States in January 2010.

On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December.[129] On February 12, 2010, the CDC released updated estimate figures for swine flu, reporting that, in total, 57 million Americans had been sickened, 257,000 had been hospitalised and 11,690 people had died (including 1,180 children) due to swine flu from April through to mid-January.[130]"

So y'all can go fuck yourselves. Either I'm correct and y'all were fuck tards for challenging me on it or you admit the CDC is a pile of shit with their reporting and it goes back to my point about how government is always inefficient. Pick one.

I literally explained to RB that the number came from a source cited by the CDC you dimwitted dumbfuck, pull your head out of your ass and be grateful you got some acknowledgement for the one thing you've said in this thread that wasn't just extremely fucking stupid.

All programs in my county have been cancelled till April 13. No school til March 30.

This is going to be a Mad Max spring break with all these things closing and no where for the teens to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

My mistake then, I got the data I quoted from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_tables

Didn't realise ~20% of Americans got infected that year, sounds excessive.