This is going to be a very difficult debate here in Sweden, where hundreds of people developed narcolepsy as a result of vaccination with Pandemrix, most of whom were diagnosed characteristically late. On the whole, vaccines are safe—and less dangerous than the diseases they protect against. Serious adverse effects do occur, but they're very rare. I have diagnosed four patients with narcolepsy that appears to have manifested after Pandemrix vaccination, but that's a special situation; my clinic occasionally has patients who've developed autoimmune neurological conditions shortly after vaccination (most commonly flu shot), but, even if you assume a causal relationship, those cases are exceedingly rare—more rare than similar conditions arising after a viral infection such as the flu, for example. There is no compelling evidence to support any of the common (in antivaxx circles) misconceptions about adjuvants, preservatives, accumulation, etc. We know nothing useful about long-term effects or adverse effects of a coronavirus vaccine—it's been barely half a year, after all. Conversely, we're learning more and more about otherwise healthy young-ish people suffering from bothersome covid-associated symptoms over six months after they first had—and ostensibly recovered from—covid. I think this constellation of "long covid" symptoms and the like are likely to be more prevalent and more bothersome than side-effects of a vaccine—at the group level at least.