Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
I think it's simpler than that. Some of the idiots on Fox managed to convince their viewers that wearing masks is some kind of a liberal conspiracy. Now Republican officials are finding it very difficult to require them.
Oh you mean this die hard Conservative?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/4787209002/

****"If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask."

Fauci also doesn't want people to worry, but many are.

Nancy Lamascus-Smith of Portland, Oregon, got an Amazon package delivered from China this month.

"I jokingly asked my sister if I should be concerned," Lamascus-Smith said. "Her reply was to wash my hands and stay away from her!"

Ashley Nicole Pate, who lives near Huntsville, Alabama, also became worried when she received an Amazon package from China. Her concerns increased when she became sick a week later, so she went to the doctor to get tested for the flu. The test was negative and she was sent home with antibiotics for bronchitis.

Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."

"We have more kids dying of flu this year at this time than in the last decade or more," he said. "At the same time people are worrying about going to a Chinese restaurant. The threat is (we have) a pretty bad influenza season, particularly dangerous for our children."