Page 56 of 127 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

As cases continue to rise in the UK, shielding advice comes to an end.

I'm free! For the first time in months and months I can go into a shop and have a pint at a pub.

But I'm too scared and will continue as I have been

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Unless something has changed in the official guidance in the past couple of weeks, this claim is not correct. Sharing this info is voluntary. Proprietors are required to record contact info and preserve those records for 3 weeks, but patrons are not required by law to share their contact info. If that guidance has changed in the past couple of weeks, it should be noted that the govt. cannot in that case have reliable up-to-date info on transmission routes.
    The data they will have is from existing testing etc as I said
    "Poppycock" is in reference to both the purported rationale as well as the alleged findings. I don't dispute the validity of the claim that transmission is occurring withing homes—I dispute the "and not pubs" part of your account. Consequently, I must also dispute the validity of either of those claims as an argument for keeping pubs open while banning gatherings in private gardens; both should be restricted. In addition, the govt. should make the data on which it claims to have based this decision available to the public, along with a detailed account of their assumptions & methods. What you're describing is a govt. that's taking a dangerously re-active approach to fighting the pandemic, rather than a pro-active one.
    Yes they are being deliberately both reactive and proactive. They have a deliberate strategy of reactively responding to areas of concern before they escalate too much - whackamole is the analogy used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The data they will have is from existing testing etc as I said
    What I'm saying is that we have no compelling evidence that that data or the conclusions they've purportedly drawn from it can be trusted—and a number of reasons why it shouldn't be trusted a priori absent a detailed report. The reasoning they're using is similar to the extremely flawed reasoning that has been used by Swedish authorities on several occasions over the past few months. It's like that old story about the drunk man looking for his keys under the streetlight instead of where it's dark.

Yes they are being deliberately both reactive and proactive. They have a deliberate strategy of reactively responding to areas of concern before they escalate too much - whackamole is the analogy used.
    Wrt pandemic control, there's nothing proactive about keeping pubs open in an area where they've seen a surge in active transmission.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

But there's not been a surge in active transmission.

There's been a small uptick, which has been traced and they're proactively trying to halt that by shutting down the method it was transmitting via before it becomes a surge.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

But there's not been a surge in active transmission.

There's been a small uptick, which has been traced and they're proactively trying to halt that by shutting down the method it was transmitting via before it becomes a surge.

Haven't read this yet so I can't comment in detail, but I suspect it'll be worth reading:

How the Pandemic Defeated America

Aimless that graph doesn't show a surge, it shows an uptick as I said. Important to stop it, but nothing like eg Aragon surging to 189/100,000 or Catalonia going to 90/100,000. Definitely best to stop it before it gets there if possible.

Fauci is the worst clown on the planet.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    Fauci is the worst clown on the planet.
    Lmao no you idiot, you're the biggest clown on the planet

Aimless that graph doesn't show a surge, it shows an uptick as I said. Important to stop it, but nothing like eg Aragon surging to 189/100,000 or Catalonia going to 90/100,000. Definitely best to stop it before it gets there if possible.
    It shows a surge, and implies a greater surge than it shows.

Lmao no you idiot, you're the biggest clown on the planet
    Did you see the lack of intellect of Fauci in that video?
    He has no evidence of nothing. He should be fired.
    So you were triggered. What does it say about you?
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Did you see the lack of intellect of Fauci in that video?
    He has no evidence of nothing. He should be fired.
    So you were triggered. What does it say about you?
    Look, I think we both know you're not a person who's capable of assessing anyone's intellect. Come on man, you're the dumbest person in the room. You can't possibly be unaware of this.

Aimless that graph doesn't show a surge, it shows an uptick as I said...
    Double is an uptick
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Look, I think we both know you're not a person who's capable of assessing anyone's intellect. Come on man, you're the dumbest person in the room. You can't possibly be unaware of this.
    Oh, thanks for exposing your white supremacy here!! Now I know you are racists.
    Last edited by ar81; 08-04-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Ah yes, Minx. The well known, uh, white supremacist.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Double is an uptick
    Yes it is, especially when you're talking from low numbers.

*******************sky*********************

******************Randblade Butt************
    *****Sand*********************************
    ******************Randblade Head***********

I have no idea how schools can re-open safely....when even professional sports -- with their billions of dollars, exclusive "bubbles", daily testing with rapid results, and Union protections can't.

"Magical Thinking" shouldn't mean our kids or teachers should be treated like guinea pigs, just like other "essential" workers have been. This is insane. But hang on, Trump is taking questions at one of his recently-revived corona virus briefings. Let's wait to see what our Dear Leader says.

Meh, schools will probably only be half as bad as camp,

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...-summer-camp#1

Even Baron Trump's private school won't have in-person instruction in the new semester. But Trump and DeVos are screaming about opening ALL *public* schools ASAP! Maybe even diverting federal funds to families so they can send their kid to private schools like Baron's?

Talk about the Two Americas....and Cognitive Dissonance. I've got whiplash.

Dr. Birx says the virus is widespread, and we're entering a new phase (where even rural communities are being hit hard, and hospitals aren't equipped.)

Trump says the virus is under control, and we're doing a great job.

Then Trump exchanges barbs with Dr. Birx. And goes on to pushing Hydroxychloroquine, contradicting the scientific community.

We are so screwed. Welcome to The Knucklehead Hall of Fame. USA #1!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53632043

Sounds like good news. But the proof will be in the tests' accuracy.

It would be a shame if bars and restaurants relied on flawed technology that was rolled out too fast. At least they have a national plan!

Better, Faster, Cheaper: pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Meh, schools will probably only be half as bad as camp,

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...-summer-camp#1
    Who the HELL thought SUMMER CAMP was a good idea this year?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Ah yes, Minx. The well known, uh, white supremacist.

If you haven't read that fantastic piece by Max Fisher about how YouTube radicalized millions of confused dudes in Brazil—and turned them into absolute caricatures like our Colombian friend here—I recommend it wholeheartedly.

I hate to be the one to have to tell you this but you got clowned by youtube's recommendation algorithm like an idiot for what it's worth, you're not the only sucker who's been taken in by conspiratorial halfwits on youtube, so you're in good company with millions of other ignorant dudes who believe whatever the recommendation algorithm feeds them.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Who the HELL thought SUMMER CAMP was a good idea this year?
    The same people who thought summer camp for thousands (i.e., college) is a good idea?
    Hope is the denial of reality

First day of my covid testing activation. Place looks like a military camp prepping for war. Tents, mobile command units and depression everywhere.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."