Page 44 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

"actual laws"
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I am in favor of peaceful protesters who obey the law. Always will be. Once you break the law, you are criminals and are treated as such. Now I'm not talking about jaywalking or some nonsense but actual laws such as assault, vandalism, burglary, battery etc.
    But not killing people?

Remarkable you still can't bring yourself into criticising killing people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"actual laws"
    You know what I meant - there are certain laws that are technically illegal but are never treated as serious crimes by the police, the public or anyone. IE jaywalking, going a couple of mph over the speed limit etc.

Lewk you're such a racist hypocrite no one understands your points. Where on your scale of "actual laws" would unlawful assembly fall? Or impeding the rights of emergency vehicles? Or failing to pay for toothpaste?
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-02-2020 at 01:19 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

French study about hydroxicloriquine. It seems journalist clinical studies do better than scientists. At this time, WHO telling us hydroxicloriquine does not work, while we know its politically adversarial position towards USA, diminishes WHO credibility.

Also, you could blame WHO for late response to COVID worldwide.
    Jan 7. CDC establishes an improved tracking system.
    Jan 20. First COVID case in USA
    Jan 23. WHO said it was too soon to declare emergency. Source, WHO website.
    Jan 31. Trump bans travelers from China. WHO opposed.
    Mar 11. WHO declares emergency. WHO responded 40 days after Trump banned travel from China.

And despite WHO being the one who reacted late, way after Trump, media still lies and bashes with gossipy attitude.
    How late did Trump react? He banned Chinese travelers 40 days BEFORE WHO declared emergency.

Medical professionals of CCSS (Costa Rican NHS equivalent) defends the use of hydroxicloriquine. As you may know, Costa Rica has been very successful in mitigation. Also, if you see the official figures, in USA for each 1 dead there are 3 recovered (24% mortality) while Costa Rica has only 2%. If you are going to tell me mortality underestimates presymptomatic patients I will also say that death toll is also underestimated because hospitals do not test all dead people either. It looks that hydroxicloriquine is just a trashing tool to defame Trump.

Last edited by ar81; 06-02-2020 at 03:16 AM.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Spain reports about 43000 people dead due to COVID.
    Government promoted a huge march, ignoring social distancing.
    Government knew about the problem and the day after the march, they declared emergency.
    Virtue signaling that costs lives.
    Spanish people are very upset.

Tell Spanish people that COVID is a flu, and you will see them upset.
    And yet look at US media.

Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

You know what I meant - there are certain laws that are technically illegal but are never treated as serious crimes by the police, the public or anyone. IE jaywalking, going a couple of mph over the speed limit etc.
    Misdemeanors is the word you're looking for in the American legal system.

Trespassing is one of those too.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

So. Is Tegnell going to resign? Or is being responsible for hundreds maybe thousands of deaths not a good enough reason?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    So. Is Tegnell going to resign? Or is being responsible for hundreds maybe thousands of deaths not a good enough reason?
    The entire group should be removed, but, so long as they have the support of the govt and a majority of Swedes, the pressure to resign can be withstood. Remember—their position is that they're right, and that they'll be proven right within a year or two.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The entire group should be removed, but, so long as they have the support of the govt and a majority of Swedes, the pressure to resign can be withstood. Remember—their position is that they're right, and that they'll be proven right within a year or two.
    I understand from the media they are no longer claiming they were entirely right and that their choices have caused more deaths than necessary (basically what most people outside Sweden already knew).
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I understand from the media they are no longer claiming they were entirely right and that their choices have caused more deaths than necessary (basically what most people outside Sweden already knew).
    His remarks have been somewhat mischaracterized. They're saying they mostly did the best they could've done, based on what they knew (note: as opposed to what everyone else suspected were plausible risks). They're not actually taking responsibility for the care home deaths, only saying they should've tested a little more at care homes. They're not conceding any real criticism re. suppression measures. The framing remains the same: we know a few more things now that, in hindsight, may have influenced policies to a small extent earlier on in the epidemic, but we're doing about as well as one could've expected, and everyone else will end up doing about as poorly as we have. It's not an acknowledgement that our approach was outright wrong—it's just an attempt to defuse the criticism by saying we have done a decent job, but that we could've done a little better. I'm being a little harsh, but his subsequent comments to Swedish media suggests he doesn't agree with the substantive criticism of analysis and strategy; he only regrets that it somehow turned out to be worse than they'd expected.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Fascinating thread. The graph in Tweet 7 is shocking.

Georgia and Florida still doing better than NY and NJ by a massive margin.

Um, Georgia has about 70% as many cases as New York despite having half the population. Florida has roughly the same number of new per capita cases as New York. And there's the fact New York cases are decreasing, while the Georgia and Florida ones are not.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Um, Georgia has about 70% as many cases as New York despite having half the population. Florida has roughly the same number of new per capita cases as New York. And there's the fact New York cases are decreasing, while the Georgia and Florida ones are not.
    The metric I'm suing is deaths per capita. So let's continue to monitor and see how the next month goes, my prediction is they get no where near the death rate in NY. How could it when they don't have governors incompetent enough to house Covid patients in nursing homes?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Misdemeanors is the word you're looking for in the American legal system.

Trespassing is one of those too.
    First, IANAL and this may vary from state to state, but I actually think most of those would be civil infractions, which are even less serious than misdemeanors. Trespassing I believe is generally considered a misdemeanor and not a civil infraction.

The metric I'm suing is deaths per capita. So let's continue to monitor and see how the next month goes, my prediction is they get no where near the death rate in NY. How could it when they don't have governors incompetent enough to house Covid patients in nursing homes?
    That's a dumb metric. It reflects infections from weeks ago.

If you don't realize what differences there might be between NY/NJ and far less urban and hotter states of the south, then you're truly hopeless.

You're a f###ing moron.

What's the population density in Florida vs New York?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You're a f###ing moron.

What's the population density in Florida vs New York?
    Deaths per capita is the fairest metric to use. Some states chose to live on top of each other like sardines... *shrugs* their choice and the risk associated with it.

That's a dumb metric. It reflects infections from weeks ago.

If you don't realize what differences there might be between NY/NJ and far less urban and hotter states of the south, then you're truly hopeless.
    It is the only number that actually matters in the end. While yes it is a lagging indicator, but it will be what will ultimately be the measure of what state governors did well.

It is the only number that actually matters in the end. While yes it is a lagging indicator, but it will be what will ultimately be the measure of what state governors did well.
    Right, Lewk.

Deaths per capita is the fairest metric to use. Some states chose to live on top of each other like sardines... *shrugs* their choice and the risk associated with it.
    What the f...

You do understand it's not a fucking league sport or something?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Right, Lewk.

How's that look plotted per capita across the country? Raw numbers are meaningless in a state vs state comparison w/o per capita totals. And ultimately the number dead per capita is what matters, if TX is smarter about protecting old folks compared to NY that will reflect in the eventual data.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    What the f...

Yo, it's an election year. Examining which party is doing better in handling a pandemic is important when deciding how to cast your vote.

Yo, it's an election year. Examining which party is doing better in handling a pandemic is important when deciding how to cast your vote.
    And you think you're doing this by making it 'fair' by dumbly looking at one number and ignoring all other bits of information?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

And you think you're doing this by making it 'fair' by dumbly looking at one number and ignoring all other bits of information?
    Its the ultimate metric. I suppose you could add things like "long term physical problems due to covid" but the data gets messy. Other variables are of course important to look at *for other reasons* such as state re-openings, preparing hospitals for surges etc but in the end if one state has twice as many cases but half as many deaths (unlikely) the deaths are what matter.

Wait till you find out how messy the death data across states is.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Its the ultimate metric. I suppose you could add things like "long term physical problems due to covid" but the data gets messy. Other variables are of course important to look at *for other reasons* such as state re-openings, preparing hospitals for surges etc but in the end if one state has twice as many cases but half as many deaths (unlikely) the deaths are what matter.
    It's not the ultimate metric. Avoidable deaths etc are which means taking other factors into account. Eg is there an avoidable second peak in the virus because they screwed up etc

Think about who this virus is hitting hardest and whose lives Lewk values least.

What the f...

This sums it up.