Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The cultists are the people who think post-vaccines that masks etc are still required. Vaccines have done the job, the risk of collapse of healthcare is over.
    Dude, the UK's numbers are rising again and the Delta variant is a bit of a problem as it's only warded off by a 2nd dose. And only 42% of the UK's population have received the 2nd dose.

That's not enough to call it "over".
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Dude 99% of deaths come from JCVI Groups 1 to 9 which have now been fully vaccinated with a second dose.

55% of adults have had 2 jabs
    78% of adults have had 1+ jabs
    >80% of adults have antibodies per the last serology survey going back a couple of weeks ago.

Yes some people may get the virus now, but quite frankly so what? The idea of stripping away civil liberties were to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed and to protect the vulnerable, the vaccines have done that now. Zero covid is an idiotic ambition and its time to get back to normal, anyone unvaccinated that wants to shield should be able to do so, but they won't be in the vulnerable groups. Life is not without risk and lockdown is unjustifiable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Long covid is a thing. And only caring about adults shows your innate shittiness.

You're also ignoring that children can become ill too and are also carriers.

You really are a despicable being. I think I'm done with this place. You, sir, are an asshole. I spit on you and your ilk.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Oh get over yourself dipshit. Children don't get that sick from Covid and who gives a flying fuck if they're carriers when there's nobody vulnerable to carry it to who hasn't been vaccinated yet?

Children are more harmed by the disruption to education that's happened this year than they are from Covid. Lockdown has been a cruel torture for children who are at no more risk from Covid than they are from the flu. Besides what are we supposed to do, shut down schools and stay locked in houses forever? Don't be an imbecile.

If you're so pathetically absurd that you expect everyone to live under a rock forever, even after vaccine rollouts and find alternative PoVs "despicable" then maybe you should take a break from this place and get some perspective.

See you next Tuesday.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Long covid is a thing. And only caring about adults shows your innate shittiness.

You're also ignoring that children can become ill too and are also carriers.

You really are a despicable being. I think I'm done with this place. You, sir, are an asshole. I spit on you and your ilk.
    I don't know what the numbers are like in Germany, but in little ol' Sweden we have at least a couple of hundred children who've had MIS-C and probably a few thousand with (typically mild, but still frustrating) PASC symptoms. It'll be interesting to see how they fare over the coming year. Hopefully, we'll find nothing of concern/interest, but it's too early to say.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Knives out for Hancock, because he's an incompetent liar:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...pital-patients

The report itself lists a few other crucial limitations that, all in all, suggest the official figure is 1. fairly useless, and 2. almost certainly underestimates the true number of secondary cases and outbreaks associated with inadequate testing of patients prior to discharge to care homes.

Fantastic French advert for vaccines, this is really good. I wish the French and anyone else behind in vaccinations good luck in catching up.

A Swedish professor of philosophy—with two PhDs, one of which is in philosophy of science!—posted a thread on Twitter, claiming a recent survey shows 2/3 "Swedes" approve of the govt's covid response. This claim is now being reported by various pundits and commentators, generally with the intention of casting our response in a positive light, but occasionally with the intention of showing how "brainwashed" or uninformed Swedes are.

No-one's bothering to report where these results come from: an electoral opinion poll of eligible voters, focused on ascertaining party preferences, with <50% response rate... <40% among people with immigrant background—and almost certainly much lower in those areas that have been hit especially hard by the pandemic as well as by the govt's mismanagement of it. The question respondents are answering is, in effect, "Are you a reasonably well-off Swedish person who's been spared the worst consequences of the pandemic and do you like the parties in the governing coalition?" There is no concern, among Swedish commentators, for the opinions of people who have been most directly affected by the pandemic—eg. immigrants and people with immigrant parents, who have seen covid ravage their families and communities in a way regular middle class Swedes have not.

Now, tell me why whenever I think about Sweden, the first thing I think is how ingrained its racism is.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Now, tell me why whenever I think about Sweden, the first thing I think is how ingrained its racism is.
    Because you're a racist

The first things I think about is blondes.

But I'm a racist as well.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Sven Goran Eriksson
    Ulrika Jonsson
    Abba
    IKEA
    Meatballs
    Muppets

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Naked or dressed? I can't quite erase the naked option from my memories.
    Congratulations America

Hilariously, our far right party had to recruit this racist numpty from the Netherlands to be the face of their campaign to portray Sweden as a nightmarish hellhole of murder and rape:

All the blondes have been love-jihaded out of existence I guess

[scans memories] oh fuck

Spoiler:

Mine was female, and not quite covered like that. I can attest to her being either clean shaven or a fan of the Brazilian wax. My main concern at the time was that she was not only visible to me but also to the neighbors.
    Congratulations America

No, just the concept. Besides being racist, I am also quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Hilariously, our far right party had to recruit this racist numpty from the Netherlands to be the face of their campaign to portray Sweden as a nightmarish hellhole of murder and rape:

We're second best in racist blonde numpties in the world. Some are harder to export than others.

No prizes for guessing who is best.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

1. Celebrate the midsummer with Swedes.

2. He's not a natural blonde. If you care to call that blond.

3. Six days until my second dose of Pfizer.
    Congratulations America

8 days till my first
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

[scans memories] oh fuck

Spoiler:
    Thank you, Aimless, for improving my day.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Unless the media have called this completely wrong, the government is due today to extend the final lockdown restrictions for another four weeks today. This is an absolutely unjustifiable and inexcusable restriction on civil liberties.

Given vaccine rollout, the link between cases and hospitalisations and deaths have been absolutely broken. Some zero covid idiots have completely lost all sense of proportion on this, the only possible justification for a restriction on civil liberties was because the NHS was going to be overwhelmed and this is no longer the case. There is no third wave on hospitalisations and deaths that is any worse than a flu season. Heck, it isn't even close to a flu season.

Pathetic! Absolutely pathetic. The vaccines have worked and done their job and the vaccine rollout in the groups that needed it has been done. Even worse there doesn't seem to be any opposition in Parliament from sane voices, besides the likes of Steve Baker and even (god forbid since I despise her normally) Theresa May. Where is sanity and liberalism from the Liberal Democrats? Where is opposition to this madness from the Leader of the Opposition?

Largest regions in Sweden opening up vaccinations to people over 35, next phase probably next week or the week after. Expecting the apps to crash over and over again

Mine was female, and not quite covered like that. I can attest to her being either clean shaven or a fan of the Brazilian wax. My main concern at the time was that she was not only visible to me but also to the neighbors.
    Oh that's just the Swedish version of hygge

We're second best in racist blonde numpties in the world. Some are harder to export than others.

No prizes for guessing who is best.
    Sweden will be majority Dutch by 2065 #GrootVervanging

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Thank you, Aimless, for improving my day.
    Sadly as antisemitic and racist as he's dumb as he's beefy... don't look at his videos unless you wanna ruin it for yourself

Sadly as antisemitic and racist as he's dumb as he's beefy... don't look at his videos unless you wanna ruin it for yourself
    Wouldn't even know where to look. I just appreciated some unexpected visual delight after work.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

honestly

Stage 4 lockdown restrictions postponed for four weeks. Absolutely pathetic. The government is making a terrible decision and doing a terrible job here, has lost all its balls and been scared shitless by zero covid idiots and morons.

In other news:
    A grand total of 3 people were reported dead in the UK yesterday within 28 days of a Covid. This figure has been in single digits almost every day since the start of May and of course includes people dying with Covid not just dying from Covid.
    SAGE zealots are claiming that there will be a quarter of a million daily cases next month and 500 daily deaths, despite the vaccine having been rolled out and that nothing like that rate has been seen anywhere in the world.
    79.2% of adults have been vaccinated, 56.9% with 2 doses.
    Anyone aged 23+ now eligible for a vaccine.

The government needs to get to grips that the situation is different now with the vaccine and tell the zero covid zealots to fuck right off. If Boris doesn't do so in the next four weeks and tries to keep continuing this, I hope sane people in the party can rally behind someone like Steve Baker to oust Boris because this is madness. I've written to my own MP to express my disgust at this today and opposition to continuing with lockdown in the circumstances.

Absolutely farcical decision.

He's doing his best

(In response to that video).

His best isn't good enough.

He should find his balls and tell SAGE to go jump.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    He's doing his best

(In response to that video).
    I want him at every presser, standing right where Boris can see him

honestly

They're all at it today.