Page 23 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: covid-19

State has extended the school closures until the end of April. Our projected date to be overrun is still set for the middle of the month thanks to voters to electing an inept Trumplite as governor.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Jfc you're such a servile fucking cretin that it isn't even funny, it's just fucking sad. So pathetic. smdh
    Just so we all know what Aimless is talking about here, Lewk is:

Servile: slavishly submissive or obsequious; fawning.

Cretin: a stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective person.

Is this accurate? Servile describes the entire Republican party, in regards to Trump, for sure. Cretin, hmmmm. While I personally think Lewk is mentally defective -- either because he's a long standing troll, or because he does in fact support the horrors he posts about here, both of which must come out of some kind of mental defect -- I don't think stupid is necessarily appropriate. It might be, but I'd have to speak to him face to face to make that judgement.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I expect the Dutch government to announce an extension of the special measures untill the end of april.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-ne...ually-in-italy

Bold of CBS to try the same shit that ABC did with the fake Syrian footage. NEVER trust the media.
    I second Aimless. What the heck is wrong with you? Most of my family lives in NYC. At least one family member has the virus, and I can freaking assure you that it's impossible to get into a hospital there right now as long as you're incapable of breathing on your own. It's also virtually impossible to get appointments with GPs, who are totally swamped. But sure, trust your Dear Leader and his band of anti-life psychopaths. It's not like they lie every time they open their mouth. Let's pretend an innocent mistake is indicative of some major conspiracy to make the freaking worst president in American history (he's earned the title with his coronavirus response) look bad. Like he needs any help.
    Last edited by Loki; 03-31-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    The irony abounds in the fact that those SAME people were wailing about supposed Death Panels ("Bye Bye Granny!") while they're now demanding that the older people buy the bullet.

You can't make this shit up.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

For now, most of the people dying live in Democratic counties. It explains a lot of the indifference.

The difference in his tone when it's a subhuman foreigner compared to red blooded americans is a bit ridiculous too.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Just so we all know what Aimless is talking about here, Lewk is:

Servile: slavishly submissive or obsequious; fawning.

Cretin: a stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective person.

Is this accurate? Servile describes the entire Republican party, in regards to Trump, for sure. Cretin, hmmmm. While I personally think Lewk is mentally defective -- either because he's a long standing troll, or because he does in fact support the horrors he posts about here, both of which must come out of some kind of mental defect -- I don't think stupid is necessarily appropriate. It might be, but I'd have to speak to him face to face to make that judgement.
    http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...l=1#post211422
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    The difference in his tone when it's a subhuman foreigner compared to red blooded americans is a bit ridiculous too.
    Ridiculous but entirely expected.

The leader of the free world is so fucking dumb that networks are being forced to mute him. He's now trying to take credit for saving 2 million lives by not choosing the option to not do anything, which is basically what his position was at the start of this crisis that he's saddled the US with. Every other remark is a pathetic whine, every answer either a tragicomic attempt at blame-shifting or terror at having his own dumb remarks quoted back at him. Meanwhile, the invertebrate sycophants at his personal media network are frantically trying to rewrite the history of... last month. I'm guessing they have accurately identified their viewers as being dumb enough for this to work. What an utter shit-show. How fucking embarrassing it is to see people defending this useless tool.

In other news, pro-govt. experts and talking heads continue to set themselves up for failure by making confident assurances that have to be walked back hours later. Most recently, one expert has said that Sweden will see 1000 covid deaths in all, after which herd immunity will prevent further deaths. On the bright side (so to speak), if he's wrong, we'll know it within a week. Who knows, he might turn out to be right; as my dad has summarized the strategy of our country of origin, "No test—no corona." I expect there will be an undercounting of covid deaths at nursing homes etc. My campaign to keep my mother here for as long as possible remains active; I've enlisted some help, but she's convinced herself that she really needs a job that involves commuting 2-3 hours by bus and subway, and working with covid patients. I know this is ultimately beyond my control, so I'm just making the most of my research week wfh or in relative seclusion at the hospital.

Globally, experts have voiced growing concern about the viability of Sweden's pandemic response strategy, amid reports of one northern Swedish family entering the defrosting freezer stage much sooner than models had predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I second Aimless. What the heck is wrong with you? Most of my family lives in NYC. At least one family member has the virus, and I can freaking assure you that it's impossible to get into a hospital there right now as long as you're incapable of breathing on your own. It's also virtually impossible to get appointments with GPs, who are totally swamped. But sure, trust your Dear Leader and his band of anti-life psychopaths. It's not like they lie every time they open their mouth. Let's pretend an innocent mistake is indicative of some major conspiracy to make the freaking worst president in American history (he's earned the title with his coronavirus response) look bad. Like he needs any help.
    Man just so happens mistakes only go one way with so called "unbiased" media, huh? Innocent mistake? Always in the same direction? You know a news organization can cover the news without raw footage right? I remember back when MSNBC carefully cropped out a black man's skin color to try to paint the open carry protest to Obama as a racist one. Y'all have short memories - or worse you don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Jfc you're such a servile fucking cretin that it isn't even funny, it's just fucking sad. So pathetic. smdh
    What - not a fan of social distancing anymore?

Lewk, this is not the time for your infantile bullshit.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Lewk, this is not the time for your infantile bullshit.
    I'd argue that the best time to watch for media BS is in times of crisis. Because they know they can get away with shit since other news will quickly bury it. Don't give the media a pass, they are one of the most disgusting professions in the world.

What - not a fan of social distancing anymore?
    I was referring to your pathetic attempt to lionize your historically incompetent leader as the lethal consequences of his incompetence continue to unfold, you utter dullard.

I'd argue that the best time to watch for media BS is in times of crisis. Because they know they can get away with shit since other news will quickly bury it. Don't give the media a pass, they are one of the most disgusting professions in the world.
    Why don't you start with the outlet that was calling the coronavirus a hoax a few short weeks ago, rather than one that used the wrong piece of footage to talk about something that is actually happening?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

How relevant to the reality of what is happening is that piece of footage? How relevant is the deluge of misinformation that Fox News is spewing over the nation? You loose buddy, you think it's business as usual in the midst of a crisis of biblical proportions. Nobody gives a fuck about your jihad against 'liberal bias' when people are dying by the hundreds and the entire health system is being overwhelmed. I do know what the cold type of behavior you show leads to in times of crisis. You will know it yourself when it's no longer liberals struggling with this pandemic but your own sorry lot. This virus doesn't care much for political affiliation, but it's awfully fond of killing fat people by drowning them in their own fluids.
    Congratulations America

Self isolating over here after a vacation or overseas work trip (or worse because you interacted with someone who just did that) is a good way to get fired.

Right-to-work bitches!
    The normal of a month ago.
    Congratulations America

I haven't been to my work site since the 9th of last month. Last time I did any in person work was passports the weekend before processing was halted.

We are on week 2 of telecommuting for professional development. 2nd stage of emergency operations rolled out yesterday asking us if we have any underlying issues that could be a red flag with covid-19. So it looks like they are still moving forward with using us to handle the covid camps that we are projected to need in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-01-2020 at 01:07 PM.

UK's curve for mortality was basically indistinguishable from Italy's, but should diverge a lot if official stats start including strongly suspected covid-deaths in addition to confirmed ones. Today's number would boost the UK by a couple of days relative to Italy.

Today's number was a bad one in the UK.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Why don't you start with the outlet that was calling the coronavirus a hoax a few short weeks ago, rather than one that used the wrong piece of footage to talk about something that is actually happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    How relevant to the reality of what is happening is that piece of footage? How relevant is the deluge of misinformation that Fox News is spewing over the nation? You loose buddy, you think it's business as usual in the midst of a crisis of biblical proportions. Nobody gives a fuck about your jihad against 'liberal bias' when people are dying by the hundreds and the entire health system is being overwhelmed. I do know what the cold type of behavior you show leads to in times of crisis. You will know it yourself when it's no longer liberals struggling with this pandemic but your own sorry lot. This virus doesn't care much for political affiliation, but it's awfully fond of killing fat people by drowning them in their own fluids.
    Ah but remember, Lewk thinks it IS a hoax, and wildly overblown and things like this "liberal media bias" throwing up "fake footage" is how it's being perpetrated. Because it's not like HE'S likely to die from the coronavirus.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

And otherwise Lewk thinks New Yorkers behaviour is responsible for the illness.

Governor finally grew a pair and shut the state down. Stay at home order for everyone till the end of the month. I'm curious how my work will react. 30 days of webinars is a lot of webinars for those that don't get activated for emergency operations.

Sadly, based off the projections this stay at home order looks like it's going to be a few weeks to late to help the initial hospital overcrowding coming over the next 10 to 14 days. Hope the curve drops sharply after that.

Governor finally grew a pair and shut the state down. Stay at home order for everyone till the end of the month. I'm curious how my work will react. 30 days of webinars is a lot of webinars for those that don't get activated for emergency operations.

Sadly, based off the projections this stay at home order looks like it's going to be a few weeks to late to help the initial hospital overcrowding coming over the next 10 to 14 days. Hope the curve drops sharply after that.
    Optimistic projection peak hospital resource use abt 1 month away. Take care

The new normal: I saw an airplane. I mean; I heard its sound and was surprised to see it. Right where a couple of weeks ago there was a busy approach route to Schiphol Airport.
    Congratulations America