Page 61 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

Blue America isn't America, remember?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Trump also refers to covid-19 as The China Virus, and Kung Flu.

Meanwhile, the National Cathedral rang their bell 200 times for every 1,000 US deaths.

A fun little graph to show how fucked the US numbers are

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Can you explain what that is a graph of? Is it an excess deaths graph? And if so from mean or from confidence intervals? Two very different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Data from here:. https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...ng-D/r8kw-7aab
    Article on it: https://medium.com/@macky.davies/vis...s-bc45c3cbe82e

If anyone doesn't remember, Jan 2018 was when the flu was kicking our ass
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

So yes its an excess deaths graph from mean from the look of it.

Over a quarter of a million net total.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    "I wanted to always play it down, I still like playing it down, because I want to win the re-elections no matter what and screw the lives of those disgusting people supporting me"
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    "I wanted to always play it down, I still like playing it down, because I want to win the re-elections no matter what and screw the lives of those disgusting people supporting me"
    The price of a conservative SCOTUS justice has gone up a LOT, lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The price of a conservative SCOTUS justice has gone up a LOT, lately.
    Trump Republicans are betting that seniors don't notice they're considered "nobody", that military vets are "suckers and losers", that "essential workers" are expendable, or that medical science is a HOAX created by the left wing lib'rul cabal/Deep State. If their main source of information is Fox & Friends and Facebook groups, that's not an unreasonable assumption. OMG we are so screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Trump Republicans are betting that seniors don't notice they're considered "nobody", that military vets are "suckers and losers", that "essential workers" are expendable, or that medical science is a HOAX created by the left wing lib'rul cabal/Deep State. If their main source of information is Fox & Friends and Facebook groups, that's not an unreasonable assumption. OMG we are so screwed.

Take a deep breath, relax...it'll only last another 8 years.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

The Christians who have to square supporting Trump in their head. The Party of Family Values squaring in their head supporting the Triple Married Adulterer in Chief.

But at least he's not a Muslim Terrorist Supporter like Obama was
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

The Christians who have to square supporting Trump in their head.
    Soo easy. He is against abortion.

The Party of Family Values squaring in their head supporting the Triple Married Adulterer in Chief.
    Come on. At least he didn't get a blow job in the oval office from an impressionable young intern.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

The Christians who have to square supporting Trump in their head. The Party of Family Values squaring in their head supporting the Triple Married Adulterer in Chief.
    Easy. "The Lord works in mysterious ways." The Bible is chock full of God using unlikely people for whatever plan.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

But at least he's not a Muslim Terrorist Supporter like Obama was
    White pro-Trump Evangelicals aren't really Christians in any meaningful sense. If God were real, he'd shit on them

To recap where Florida is:

Our Republican Governor wants to protect college kids from getting punished for hosting or attending mass gatherings while Covid positive.
    Governor has banned fines for not wearing masks.
    Masks will not be required to vote in person.
    Restaurants are now open at 100% seating capacity.
    Superbowl is still on, no restrictions.
    All 3 Gasparilla Parades are still scheduled (the main one being the 3rd largest parade in the US).
    We are still over ~150 deaths per day. Thats more than twice that of California, even though we have half the population. We are only barely edging out Texas for the moment.

We are so fucked.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 09-25-2020 at 11:09 PM.

To recap where Florida is:

Our Republican Governor wants to protect college kids from getting punished for hosting or attending mass gatherings while Covid positive.
    Governor has banned fines for not wearing masks.
    Masks will not be required to vote in person.
    Restaurants are now open at 100% seating capacity.
    Superbowl is still on, no restrictions.
    All 3 Gasparilla Parades are still scheduled (the main one being the 3rd largest parade in the US).
    We are still over ~150 deaths per day. Thats more than twice that of California, even though we have half the population. We are only barely edging out Texas for the moment.

We are so fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

And people wonder why the USA has more deaths per capita than any other major developed country on the planet now.

I'll be honest, I'm more than a little worried about the situation here in the Netherlands right now.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Meanwhile, 13% of Republicans believe Covid is a serious issue facing the country right now.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    And people wonder why the USA has more deaths per capita than any other major developed country on the planet now.
    And the dates do us no favors. 4 superspreader events in the span of a month all in the same city.
    Kids gasparilla: Jan 23rd
    Main gasparilla: Jan 30th
    Superbowl: Feb 7th
    Night parade: Feb 27th
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 09-26-2020 at 02:29 PM.

What is a gasparilla?

The UK's world-beating app still beset by inexcusable flaws:

https://twitter.com/EinsteinsAttic/s...43889662402561

https://twitter.com/mikarv/status/1309744878658686976

https://www.revk.uk/2020/09/how-not-...s-c19-app.html

This is not a good start to the second wave. Worse than the issues with the app is the continuing inadequacy of the testing infrastructure:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-stay-off-work

Staying on top of this wave would've required all of this to work properly weeks ago. Extremely worrying. Ofc, many other developed nations are also struggling with the same solvable problems, due to political failure.

This so-called "leader" is just such a despicable bullshitter:

When he resigns at the end of the year it'll definitely make 2020 feel less shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    What is a gasparilla?
    A celebration about a pirate invasion that never happened by a pirate that doesn't exist
    It's mainly an excuse for floridians to dress slutty, get drunk in public and flash their tits. There is a boat invasion, kids parade, main parade, and the night parade (which is mainly used to see which crews can complete the parade route completely smashed). There are usually a few runs in there too but I don't know the status of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasp...irate_Festival
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 09-26-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Sounds like fun. Surprised I've never heard of it before.

Probably smart to skip a year though.

Anti-lockdown protest in Trafalgar Square?

Absolute lunatics. I've always said that there's no real difference between the far left and the far right, its a circle that joins and here it has, these anti-lockdown protests are far left and far right conspiracy nuts joining forces together. Usual faces of batshit crazies organising it.

Hey Steely can you confirm that you far left wingnuts are palling it up with fascists in Trafalgar Square? I need real corroboration from a trustworthy source.