As of this week our government 'strongly advises' to wear masks in indoor public areas (e.g. supermarkets). Yes, we're a bit late to the party. But the whole thing is done in such a half assed way..

For starters, it's not mandatory but a recommendation. Shops can make it mandatory, but most big ones stated they won't, because a) it's not their job, and b) because they don't want to have the arguments with customers. And I don't blame them, if it's needed it should be mandatory from the government.

And while remembering it's an advise only, it's not that they stated "okay, we hopes this would not be needed, but with the strong increase in cases this is needed as an extra measure to turn the tide". Or anything similar. Basically they said, we don't think it will help much but people are asking for it, so fine, let's recommend this as well.

So yesterday I was in the supermarket for the first time since this was introduced, and I guess which such a 'strong' message from the government, it's no surprise that only about half the people were wearing one.. the newspaper interviewed some people, and responses included "even the prime ministers says they're not effective, so why bother?"

Add test shortages, and I think it's fair to say our government is not doing great. And unlike in the beginning of the year, they had time - there were a few months when things were under control before we got a second wave.

At my job from Monday on masks are mandatory when moving within the buildings, so that's something. And changed back from "work mostly from home" to "work from home unless you have to come to the office for a business critical activities".