Page 50 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think it's simpler than that. Some of the idiots on Fox managed to convince their viewers that wearing masks is some kind of a liberal conspiracy. Now Republican officials are finding it very difficult to require them.
    Oh you mean this die hard Conservative?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/4787209002/

****"If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask."

Fauci also doesn't want people to worry, but many are.

Nancy Lamascus-Smith of Portland, Oregon, got an Amazon package delivered from China this month.

"I jokingly asked my sister if I should be concerned," Lamascus-Smith said. "Her reply was to wash my hands and stay away from her!"

Ashley Nicole Pate, who lives near Huntsville, Alabama, also became worried when she received an Amazon package from China. Her concerns increased when she became sick a week later, so she went to the doctor to get tested for the flu. The test was negative and she was sent home with antibiotics for bronchitis.

Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."

"We have more kids dying of flu this year at this time than in the last decade or more," he said. "At the same time people are worrying about going to a Chinese restaurant. The threat is (we have) a pretty bad influenza season, particularly dangerous for our children."

I realize that you're incapable of ever changing your mind, but most normal people change their minds in light of new evidence.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Lewk, that article was dated Feb. 17 Scientists didn't know much about covid-19 back then because it's NOVEL, and they're continuing to learn more every day. Now that the US has widespread community transmission and the virus is spreading unchecked....advice about masks has changed. Public health officials being flexible enough to update guidelines -- as facts on the ground change -- is exactly what we WANT.

I realize that you're incapable of ever changing your mind, but most normal people change their minds in light of new evidence.
    Yes of course, but his predictive powers as an "expert" is a bit shitty. People give shit to Trump for getting it wrong but he's not actually an expert, this guy is supposed to be.

People give Trump shit for treating public health officials like political puppets. Or for ignoring experts and science, and going on his "gut" (political) instincts.

Trump didn't just ignore science, he dismantled the Pandemic Preparedness Playbook initiated by the Obama administration, then tried to blame his own leadership *failures* on Obama, or anyone else he could skapegoat. Distract, deny, deflect, delude aren't leadership qualities...but symptoms of corrupted values.

How are you going to keep portraying Texas as the paragon of Public Health, when your stats are increasingly abysmal?
    You had MONTHS to get ahead of the virus, but now you're playing catch-up. Who's to blame for that failure of leadership? Trump said states should be in charge....so there ya go, it's your own damn fault that Texas is failing.
    Last edited by GGT; 07-09-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Yes of course, but his predictive powers as an "expert" is a bit shitty. People give shit to Trump for getting it wrong but he's not actually an expert, this guy is supposed to be.
    Lewk, you're so fucking dumb it isn't even funny. Read the fucking date on the fucking article you fucking moron.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Published 11:41 AM EST Feb 19, 2020

As do experts.

Quote Originally Posted by CGTN
    North America 10:56, 25-Jun-2020

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the U.S. reiterated the importance of wearing masks and warned against politicizing the issue, stating that it's "purely a health issue."

The federal health expert at the forefront of the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. was asked during an interview at the Sacramento Press Club Wednesday about the politicization of wearing face coverings.

"Everybody should wear a mask when out public," Fauci said, adding wearing a mask is society's responsibility to not just protect an individual, but the whole population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Evidence that Daniel Hannan is one of the dumbest mfers in British politics keeps piling up:

****"If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask."

Fauci also doesn't want people to worry, but many are.
    Didn't he already admit that this was because he didn't want the shortage to reach medical professionals? Seems to be in line with the unprepared thinking of your average conservative.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Imagine being this dumb:

what does For the 1/100th time mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

It means he's dumber than a 1/3rd grader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    what does For the 1/100th time mean?
    99 more reminders and he'll be saying it for the first time.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Trump is who he is, but I still can't believe a prominent MP just promoted an antisemitic conspiracy theorist's dumb af conspiracy theory.

There's been lots of dumb af antisemitic conspiracy theories promoted by MPs in recent years. Which one are you talking about?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The one I posted just a few posts above yours, of course.

Its depressing how innumerate much of the media is.

Today's example, the details have come tonight on how gyms can reopen (one of the last to do so for obvious reasons). The regulations require a minimum of 100 square feet of total net useable area per person permitted into the building to enable social distancing - with journalists screaming it must be some mistake or a typo. That there's no way to operate with 100 sq feet of space.

Hint: 100 square feet is not 100 feet squared and is approximately the same as 3 metres squared - the average gym has 20,000 sq ft of net useable area so it would mean a capacity of 200 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The one I posted just a few posts above yours, of course.
    What are you talking about? Unless there's something not loading on my screen I don't see any antisemitic conspiracies or anything just promoted by MPs that you've written on this page.

Evidence that Daniel Hannan is one of the dumbest mfers in British politics keeps piling up:

Daniel Hannan isn't an MP
    Daniel Hannan has never been an MP
    That was Tweeted in May, not "just promoted"
    I disagree with him on this and did at the time.
    That's not aged well but has nothing to do with antisemitism.
    Nor is it a conspiracy theory.

Other than that . . . not sure what to say.

Person who isn't an MP posted something months ago that hasn't aged hardly ranks up there.

Ah yes, sorry, a person who was until recently an MEP with an inordinate influence in British politics promoting a conspiracy theory by an antisemitic conspiracy theorist.

What conspiracy theory?

Are you saying the idea there had been no catastrophe by that date in May after reopenings of those states was a conspiracy theory?

You have a weird obsession with Hannan but its just weird here. He's just not that important nor is his judgment on this.

Could probably do one of these with Lewk's posts:

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    What conspiracy theory?

Are you saying the idea there had been no catastrophe by that date in May after reopenings of those states was a conspiracy theory?
    What exactly do you believe Hannan meant when he said, about that conspiracy theorist's tweet, that evidence keeps piling up?

I wish they would start addressing the new Tammy Faye as McEnamy to reflect her true colors.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Could probably do one of these with Lewk's posts:

What exactly do you believe Hannan meant when he said, about that conspiracy theorist's tweet, that evidence keeps piling up?
    Hannan was arguing that lockdown should be lifted. I think when he quoted someone saying that lifting lockdown didn't cause problems he was saying that was evidence that lockdown should be lifted.

What do you think the conspiracy theory was?

After posting an increase of over 15,000 Florida now holds the record for most positive cases in a single day. We're winning!
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I'm seriously worried about the news that any immunity against the virus is only temporary.
    Congratulations America

I see what you are trying to do, but you know what you're really doing if you think a little bit longer right ?
    Congratulations America

It's not hydroxychloroquine.