Thread: Alabama executes "hardly innocent" man

Default Alabama executes "hardly innocent" man

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Seems like he was guilty under the law. You don't need to pull the trigger yourself to be guilty of felony murder.

Though is simply being a crack dealer in a crack den a felony in the first place? Its not like they were robbing somewhere when this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

That's a pretty shaky basis for working so very hard to get a man executed.

Its the law there. If someone dies in the act of a felony then all the criminals committing the felony are guilty of murder.

What seems shaky to me is if there was even a felony happening at the time. IANAL but it seems from the article the man who was executed wasn't even appealing claiming to be innocent in his legal arguments that failed at the end.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Its the law there. If someone dies in the act of a felony then all the criminals committing the felony are guilty of murder.

What seems shaky to me is if there was even a felony happening at the time. IANAL but it seems from the article the man who was executed wasn't even appealing claiming to be innocent in his legal arguments that failed at the end.
    Regardless of guilt, I would think execution would be reserved for those who actually do the horrible crimes. Not all murder conviction warrants capital punishment...

Can't wait to see Lewk's gloating joy.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Interesting [from memory] the last person ever executed in the UK was a comparable case known to have not pulled the trigger. People engaged in a crime, one shot at and killed some Police, Police killed him, accomplice was arrested. The one who had pulled the trigger couldn't be tried [being already dead] but accomplice was tried, found guilty of murder and executed. Caused an outrage at time and was last ever execution.

Or so I believe. That was about 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Regardless of guilt, I would think execution would be reserved for those who actually do the horrible crimes. Not all murder conviction warrants capital punishment...

Can't wait to see Lewk's gloating joy.
    It is the actual law - the idea is to deter felonies.

For example say Person A is the getaway driver for an armed robbery. Person B goes in draws a gun and demands money. The store clerk pulls out his own gun and shoots Person B dead. Person A can and will be found guilty of felony murder of his accomplice. Beautiful ain't it?

None of this is relevant to the case at hand.

Why not? It's presumably how he was guilty in the case at hand.

But not everybody who is found guilty of murder is executed
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    But not everybody who is found guilty of murder is executed
    In Alabama?

I would be curious to see the figures. I'd be surprised if many cop killers like this guy was executed for escape the death penalty in Alabama.

Again, irrelevant argument in the case of a person who did not kill a cop.

He did, by the principle of felony murder.

Mate, he quite literally did not kill any cops. You and I both know this to be true.

You're pulling at the whole strand of felony murder.

Since time immemorial under Common Law (we've abolished this but the USA hasn't) if a crime is being perpetuated and a murder is committed then all the criminals are guilty of the murder. You engage in a crime and someone is murdered then all the criminals are jointly liable and guilty of the murder. Cop was murdered, so they were killed by all the criminals involved and that includes the man executed.

Lewk is wrong in his self-justification and bloodlust. Its not a law they've created, this law dates back thousands of years since time immemorial.