Thread: Pandemics Can Teach Us

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...light=michigan

"What's that saying about your rights ending at my nose?

You can't assert 1st Amendment Rights of Free Speech when you're (possibly) infecting others with shouted screams aimed inches from another person. Just look at the photos. The covid-19 virus can be transmitted by pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic spreaders, just by talking or breathing. It doesn't distinguish between cops or cloth masks.

Those militia men should be cited for ignoring the State of Emergency legal guidelines, and endangering the health of a police officer. Full stop, no excuses or exemptions."

Idiot. You posted this recently. Let me guess though BLM screaming at a police officer is totally different right?
    I am curious about this too GGT. I had similar thoughts to Lewk when I read your post, and is a great example of exactly the kind of thing I was discussing in the other thread. If we are being charitable this seems on its face a pretty clear example of cognitive dissonance.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I am curious about this too GGT. I had similar thoughts to Lewk when I read your post, and is a great example of exactly the kind of thing I was discussing in the other thread. If we are being charitable this seems on its face a pretty clear example of cognitive dissonance.
    In the MI thread, I was replying to Lewk's comment that no cop was assaulted, despite pictures showing them being assaulted with (possibly infectious) respiratory droplets from unmasked militiamen.

In the other thread you were criticizing Gov. Wolf for attending an outdoor march where almost all people were masked and a few feet away from others (as possible) -- trying to be safe about it. They weren't face-to-face screaming without masks, which is a great way to transmit the virus, even by asymptomatic spreaders.

Even tho both were examples of "violating health guidelines", I saw a difference in their behaviors, motivations, intentions. If you think that's cognitive dissonance, it's no wonder we're having a helluva time making guidelines for re-opening businesses and schools....where fights break out in Costco, or town meetings in Utah have to be cancelled. And Governors sue Mayors.