Thread: What are you doing during covid19 "social distancing"?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had one appointment in my hair salon, the day we went to Green in early June. I felt okay about it, even tho no one was wearing a mask, because our case numbers were going down. Since then I've changed my mind, because too many jerks were acting as if nothing had happened, and our infection rate has increased. So I cancelled my July appointment and bought an electric razor, instead....and shaved my head!

It's not a GI close-cut shave but it's still a drastic change...and I love it! Feels so cool during this heat wave, and so liberating! I don't even care what it looks like (even tho it looks pretty good), because that's what hats are for. Besides, hair grows.

The interesting thing is how shaved hair highlights the grey, and doesn't look like the blonde in short scissor style cuts. But I like that because it's authentic. (For years people thought I died my hair since it looked blonde instead of grey )

Anyway, I'm glad I did it...and will probably continue to use the razor instead of the salon. Not good news for the salon, but they're not really an "essential" business anyway, so.....

btw it really bugs me when women complain about not being able to get their hair or nails done. Pandemic or not, they just sound like spoiled brats whining about first world cosmetic problems.
    Last edited by GGT; 07-27-2020 at 09:13 AM.