Thread: What are you doing during covid19 "social distancing"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    new X-com coming out shortly.
    Didn't know about this.

~

A positive story from one of my colleagues this week. This colleague lives in India, a third of which is under Red Zone lockdown, where no one can leave the house except to buy essential foods from a few outlets which have been allowed to remain open, everything else is completely shut down. Heavy police presence and immediate sanction for any breach.

This particular colleague works on Hong Kong projects, but spends a lot of time working with UK colleagues. He is a very hard worker, and particularly due to the time zone differences between UK and HK does long hours in the office normally. I was saying to him how tough it must be for him in this Red Zone lockdown. He said no, it's wonderful - this has brought a new aspect to his life - he is spending day after day in the house with his two daughters, aged 1 and 4, for the first time in his life. He said this makes him so happy.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 04-19-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Didn't know about this.
    I'm enjoying the game - definitely made things a bit more simple but still clearly X-com. And breaking up of encounters and breaching was genius. No more randomly triggering more enemies due to pushing ahead too fast.