Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Doing the right thing despite the consequences makes it all the more awesome.
    Actually it's extremely unawesome and irresponsible. Esp. for a person who can't afford to get fired, even more so for a person on whom others depend.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Awesome for whom?
    Society! Dude, we're talking a tube of toothpaste!

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Society! Dude, we're talking a tube of toothpaste!
    Not in the case I'm referring to (go look at my linky), it was a knife and a BB gun. But still, the manager disobeyed company policy and ended up getting stabbed several times.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

taking something that doesn't belong to you is terrible.
    Like taking someone's life for instance? Yeah, I agree that's terrible.

God Bless Ninjas
    Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 05-23-2010 at 06:50 PM.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    Geeg, honestly, dont try and point-by-point him on this. Hes spent enough time around the batfuck insane right wing in your country that he thinks stuff like "a criminal with no hands isnt going to have a long career" is both funny and true.
    Spoiler:
    (because in texas only the sound of body and white of skin are capable of any real accomplishments)

Though its funny when he asks how anyone can have sympathy for an "animal" who commits a petty crime and dies for it, despite -him- being the one who claims to be part of a religion from which all love and peace for ones fellow man springs. Even in texas they say "hate the sin, love the sinner". Lewk only loves these "animals" when they die in the dirt.

Luckily, even if hes right and there is a hell, he will be going to it, most like.

God: LEWKOWSKI. HMMM. WE SEEM TO HAVE REPORTS OF YOU CHEERING THE DEATH OF SOME OF MY POOREST AND LOWEST OF CHILDREN, THE ONES MY SON SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU TO LOVE
    Lewk: But they took someones PROPERTY, father...
    Yeah. He isn't trolling after all, he really believes in this crap and still calls himself a Christian.

By the fruits you will know them.

I can't wait for his post in the "What's messing with your groove" thread after the rapture
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Do you mourn when a terrorist accidentally blows himself up before reaching his intended target? I suppose it is a simple matter of degree that we differ. You find stealing "not so bad" and I consider property rights to be one of the ultimate transgressions you can violate. Other then murder or gross physical harm, taking something that doesn't belong to you is terrible.
    Being an evil librul european I am not intimidated by your implication that I am somehow a terrorist lover and i reject your assertion that there is a link, even in degree, between a terrorist blowing themselves up before reaching a target and a thief being killed in an alley like a dog for the price of a roll of toothpaste.

And hey, we allow degrees of murder, and we allow degrees of theft. Thats why people keep bringing up the fact that it was "just a roll of toothpaste". Not because that makes it right but because being vigilante-d in the street is much worse.

Really, its only your obvious delight that makes your posts a bit disgusting and frankly make me feel just a little bit dirty for reading them. Kind of like when someone wants to show you videos of hostages being beheaded by the taliban or whatever.

Anyway, youre almost certainly going to hell for your delight in the death and pain of gods most beloved. Shouldnt you be out helping people like that, not crowing online every time one of them is illegally killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    By the fruits you will know them.

I can't wait for his post in the "What's messing with your groove" thread after the rapture
    Har
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

In some parts of the world, taking a toothpaste-thief's life is murder.

Also, maybe we should give Palestine back to the Palestinians.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

And Murika to the Indians
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

And the earth back to the birds 'n the trees 'n the li'l furry animulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

And the world back to the void from whence it came

yes, can we do that?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Why don't Christians ever ask God to bless Satan? If God and Satan patched things up, wouldn't everything be better?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Given what a nebulous character Satan represents in the Christian cosmogony (and which version of Christianity are we talking about, anyway?) that question has a plethora of answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Given what a nebulous character Satan represents in the Christian cosmogony (and which version of Christianity are we talking about, anyway?) that question has a plethora of answers
    Let's do Roman Catholics, since that's my flavor. What do you think?

Spoiler:
    Not sure what official policy is, but the lay people and the monks that taught my high school religion class told us point blank there was no Satan and that hell is really just afterlife in the absence of god's glory. So there's nothing for god to patch up. Probably should ask this question of nut jobs that think Satan's real, like Lewk maybe.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    It even depends on the area and the timeframe.

In the Dark Ages, there were a multitude of devils, for example. A friend of mine once did a paper on those - I only remember the "trouser devil", though.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I seem to remember being told at school very similar things to choobs - there was no hell, just an eternity away from gods love. No satan, either. Purely figurative.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    It even depends on the area and the timeframe.

In the Dark Ages, there were a multitude of devils, for example. A friend of mine once did a paper on those - I only remember the "trouser devil", though.
    We're talking about here and now. Clearly.
    The Rules

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    You're obviously afflicted by either the "irate devil" or the "impatient devil".
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    God exists outside time and space

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    You're obviously afflicted by either the "irate devil" or the "impatient devil".
    The impatient devil. And I think in English you mean "demon", not devil. At least that's the term Carl Sagan used in The Demon Haunted World which sounds like what you're talking about.

God exists outside time and space
    Right. It's our understanding of god that changes, not god. And we have to assume our current, here and now understanding is the correct one. So my statement stands. Fucker.
    The Rules

Which of your statements? Roman Catholicism is not the latest and thus most up to date understanding cum revelation of God we have.

Which of your statements? Roman Catholicism is not the latest and thus most up to date understanding cum revelation of God we have.
    Dude. You arn't this dense, right? You're loaded, or playing? Revisit the line of posts. First, like a good scientist, you asked what specific religion were we going to discuss vis a vis Satan. I picked Rome. Then Kenny brought up time, which was a little redundant, IMO, since there's no reason to question we were discussing anything but now. So where is the confusion? Our understanding of god is the correct understanding. How in the world could some moron in the past have got it right if they don't agree with our modern enlightened selves?
    The Rules

Posting to keep up with his postcount

Posting to keep up with his postcount
    The Rules

Choobs, your first mistake was expecting Nessie to be serious

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Choobs, your first mistake was expecting Nessie to be serious
    Nessie is always serious - its just that sometimes the rest of us don't get it and assume the worst. Its our own fault.
    The Rules

I'm almost half-serious, his response was inane!