Thread: How you are being manipulated by the media

Default How you are being manipulated by the media

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...photo-16735880

Tragic shooting of Jazmine Barnes reached national attention (even though other shootings of little children in poor neighborhoods do not) simply because the original belief was that a white person did the crime. There were rallies and protests, whole 9 yards and then shortly afterward when it was learned that the shooting was actually done by a black dude the story just disappears from the major networks.

We've chatted before that fewer black folks are shot down by police officers than white folks. And while there is a discussion to be had regarding level of criminality vs. population size (as well as other factors) why do you only hear specifics about race when the shooter is white and the person shot by the officers is black? Why is it when a black officer shoots a black suspect there is barely a peep?

You are being manipulated by the media - they are pushing an agenda. And sadly so many people on social media (and this forum) are completely blind to it.

Could you imagine the media circus that would surround the scenario of 4 white people kidnapping and torturing a disabled black guy on live-stream and then having one of the perpetrators being sentenced to only probation? Because that actually happened in reverse and while it did get some media attention I saw no mass protests or rallies or anything of the sort.

We've chatted before that fewer black folks are shot down by police officers than white folks.
    Yes, you've certainly tried to make this stupid argument before.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Lewk always says we shouldn't listen to the (main stream) media, then cites a MSM article on how we're being manipulated by the media to prove his point.

If Lewk isn't a white nationalist, I don't know who is.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Media not being totally neutral does not equal being manipulated by the media.

As for the higher level of crime, which you try to pin on race rather blatantly, that could just as easily, or easier be explained by the socio-economic disadvantages connected to being black in the USA.

But what really pulls the carpet from under your attempt to claim that racism isn't the actual issue in the USA, it would be that even being an upstanding member of society doesn't protect you from police brutality if you happen to be black.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    What's interesting though is that he's either ashamed of being one or entirely deceitful.

Or a troll of course.
    Congratulations America

That's only the case here, where he knows that saying stupid things will lead to humiliation. I don't doubt he's much more overtly racist when posting on whatever forum or FB group for racist derpheads it is that he spends most of his online time. What is interesting and kinda adorable is that he thinks he's being cunning when he posts obviously—but not overtly—racist garbage here, like a kid with chocolate frosting all over his face trying to act innocent
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

More like the toddler walking into the house with dog poop on his shoes.

That's a good analogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Lewk saying other people are being manipulated by the media when all he ever does is repeat crap he sees on Fox or Breitbart verbatim is *chef kiss*
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Lewk saying other people are being manipulated by the media when all he ever does is repeat crap he sees on Fox or Breitbart verbatim is *chef kiss*
    Fox leans right just like the traditional media leans left. Both try to manipulate people - glad you agree on that point at least.

Loki you are one of the more racist member's of this board so you should shush.

That said why does the media seem to want to cover white on black crimes more than black on black crimes, black on white crimes or white on white crimes? Care to take some guesses? Talk about Jazmine Barnes, her life should have mattered to even if she was killed by a black dude instead of a white dude.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...65728386387968

Another example - of course major media outlets are slow to pick up this story. Could you imagine how swiftly they would pick it up if it was a muscular white guy beating an elderly black man while using racial slurs? Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Fox leans right just like the traditional media leans left. Both try to manipulate people - glad you agree on that point at least.
    both sides are the same and projection. Classic "i don't have an argument" lewk.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

If you insist on getting meta about it, any piece of media is trying to manipulate its audience to some degree or another, even if it's just trying to get you to feel a particular way or think about a particular topic. However, if you point this out conservatives lose their shit about "SJWs putting politics in everything", then go on this epic, multi-year temper tantrum which is still on going to this day. Almost like they're sad little snow flakes that don't like being asked to think critically about their own attitudes or something.

There is, however, a qualitative and quantitative difference between the tactics employed by most media, including the mainstream news outlets, and the full on lies and propaganda spread by your own favourite outlets. So, the fact that you're constantly obsessed with and angry about the former while at the same time completely oblivious to and utterly taken in by the latter is very funny. Indeed, you get so angry about the former because you're so taken in by the latter. You rage in the corona-virus thread about that time some US news outlet used the wrong footage for the problems in hospitals in New York, and then you're just completely unphased by the absolutely avacache of bullshit that fox news was saying about it just a few weeks before, almost all of which turned out be wrong.

Also, the mainstream media does not skew left, it skews centrist. You are just extremely ignorant of what actual leftist politics consists of.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

That said why does the media seem to want to cover white on black crimes more than black on black crimes, black on white crimes or white on white crimes? Care to take some guesses? Talk about Jazmine Barnes, her life should have mattered to even if she was killed by a black dude instead of a white dude.
    I'm surprised you didn't call me a race traitor.

We don't need you to replicate the "black crime" page from Breitbart.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I'm surprised you didn't call me a race traitor.

We don't need you to replicate the "black crime" page from Breitbart.
    Grouping people by race and making assumptions about them is the sort of the thing liberals like to do. They love instantly looking at someone and then treating them differently based on their race, orientation and gender. Classifying them as "oppressed" or "privileged" at a glance. The whole concept of "race traitor" is retarded. My whole point is that people shouldn't be defined by or given different treatment based on race, and you oppose this which is why I call you a racist.

Yeah you shouldn't be judged by your race.

Unless you're black in which case you must be a thief and should be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Yeah you shouldn't be judged by your race.

Unless you're black in which case you must be a thief and should be lynched.
    Aubrey was a thief - not all black people are. What don't you understand about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    What's interesting though is that he's either ashamed of being one or entirely deceitful.

Or a troll of course.
    Likely all three, and some other stuff too.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Grouping people by race and making assumptions about them is the sort of the thing liberals like to do. They love instantly looking at someone and then treating them differently based on their race, orientation and gender. Classifying them as "oppressed" or "privileged" at a glance. The whole concept of "race traitor" is retarded. My whole point is that people shouldn't be defined by or given different treatment based on race, and you oppose this which is why I call you a racist.
    Says the "teacher" troll who doesn't know jack shit about human behavior, social science, or propaganda.