Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clown Circus

Interesting details coming out regarding the Ofcom post. Seems that Facebook and Google were lobbying hard against Dacre, and the interviewing panel didn't declare conflicts of interest properly.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...y-mail-editor/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

An MP

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Christ what a moron.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

There's a reason that moron is a backbench nobody. Idiot.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The Italians may have perfected farce, but the English are second to none in actually implementing it:

Its not true. Its a military ship so its exempt. Tabloid rag failing to do very basic factchecking - and clowns driven mad by Brexit are lapping it up.

Wouldn't surprise me if true; these clowns have a whole list of things they signed up to without reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The Italians may have perfected farce, but the English are second to none in actually implementing it:

Congratulations America

There must be some sort of delusion that has caused those driven mad by Brexit to find the simple fact "it is a military vessel" so hard to grasp.

It will be crewed by the Royal Navy. Britannia was too incidentally, it was always crewed by the Navy and while it was called a Royal Yacht, but mainly used to drum up British trade etc, officially as far as the military was concerned it was a hospital ship too. This will likely be the same and its already been confirmed it will be a Royal Navy ship.

This is hardly original. Maybe if people could think for themselves rather than going "rah rah, Brexit dumb, look and laugh at those idiots ha ha ha" they wouldn't so frequently make these basic mistakes and look so clownish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if true; these clowns have a whole list of things they signed up to without reading.
    I believe they're planning to bypass the provision in question by arguing that it'll be a warship that'll use members of the Royal family as high energy projectiles capable of taking out enemy vessels.

Cummings releases WhatsApp messages, purportedly from conversations he's had with Johnson:

Did not have "Dominic Cummings is more effective at holding government to account than both official opposition and media" on my 2021 bingo card.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Did not have "Dominic Cummings is more effective at holding government to account than both official opposition and media" on my 2021 bingo card.
    Scorpion/frog is timeless & universal

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Have I Got News For You's Right Honourable Tub of Lard MP would hold the government to account better than Sir Keir Starmer.

It's impossible to beat the Tories right now, the vaccine roll out was just too good.

*lib dems smash tories in previously safe tory seat*

Ah, well, nevertheless
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I was torn yesterday.

I felt the Tories deserved to lose the seat, due to Boris's abject cowardice and failure to lift lockdown.
    If the Liberal Democrats had actually stood for liberalism and ending the now-unjustifiable restrictions on our civil liberties I would want them to win.

But their entire campaign was predicated upon NIMBYism. Opposition to HS2 (despite the LDs as a party supporting it), opposition to new housing developments (despite the LDs as a party simultaneously calling for more immigration).

NIMBYism doesn't deserve to win, but neither did the Tories. Happy the Tories lost, shame the NIMBYs won.

Unless Dido Harding intends to use the infinity stones to exterminate the top half of the population pyramid, this isn't happening. It should be immediately disqualifying for a candidate to be this unrealistic.

14% ?

I'm surprised its that low, thought it was considerably higher.

Unsurprisingly turns out to be more to the story than meets the headline.

For many years now the UK has deliberately trained fewer doctors and nurses than the NHS requires, by restricting university courses. Because of COVID and the exam/university entrance issues last year many university courses increased their size by 25% or more. Which means in a few years time a larger cohort of UK doctors and nurses.

The amount of places in these courses is meant to be going back down to the restricted levels, however universities and others are already begging the government to keep the increased size of the courses. Which would mean a permanent increase in domestic training of doctors and nurses.

Dido Harding it seems isn't calling for foreign-born workers to be removed from the NHS (unsurprisingly) but is calling for the NHS and University feeding system to increase the domestic training of new doctors and nurses and not to deliberately rely upon a brain drain from elsewhere.

To me deliberately relying upon a brain drain from elsewhere may be cost-efficient but its rather unethical. Having greater training etc seems to me to be a good thing to do - do you disagree Aimless? I doubt you actually do, so will presume from silence that you agree with that actually.

It's completely naff but it's an anti racism song, from a British Indian who has spent years on community relations and founded this many years ago. You have an issue with that?

Tolerance? Kindness? Respect? It might have more meaning if our PM had ever presented any of those values during his life. It's a silly attempt to bate opponents and then shout "traitor". It's meaningless and hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    It's completely naff but it's an anti racism song, from a British Indian who has spent years on community relations and founded this many years ago. You have an issue with that?

Melody

edit: ow god, Lyrics

It's called One Britain One Nation Day. But they made it Britain Uber Alles.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    edit: ow god, Lyrics

It's called One Britain One Nation Day. But they made it Britain Uber Alles.
    oooone briiitain greeeeat naaation

Fascists just don't know how to write good songs

Its a song about opposing racism not supporting fascism.

Its absolutely naff, but its about uniting people from different races.

Rather sad that some people are so allergic to the notion of Britain, they can't see past that.

Its not a government thing, it wasn't set up by anyone in government, it was set up by an immigrant who wanted to unite people of all races and has been building this up for eight years now. Its hardly a US-style Pledge of Allegiance.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....l-pride-event/

Its a song about opposing racism not supporting fascism.

Its absolutely naff, but its about uniting people from different races.
    "Strong Britain, great nation" clearly is a reference to opposing racism and uniting people from different races.

I see that now. "
    One Britain One Nation " wouldn't fit that bill.

edit: Wait, your
    Department for Education consists of one immigrant?

There's so much about Britain I don't know.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

No the Department of Education doesn't consist of one immigrant. However they didn't create this either.

Kash Singh is one immigrant and this campaign is his. He created it, he's been building it for eight years and the Department of Education just recognised what he has been doing.

But keep sneering at immigrants trying to tackle racism and division and build something positive instead, if that makes you feel big and clever.

No the Department of Education doesn't consist of one immigrant. However they didn't create this either.

Kash Singh is one immigrant and this campaign is his. He created it, he's been building it for eight years and the Department of Education just recognised what he has been doing.

But keep sneering at immigrants trying to tackle racism and division and build something positive instead, if that makes you feel big and clever.
    My god that is pathetic "keep sneering at immigrants trying to tackle racism and division"

Ok, here's my challenge to you. It's a simple challenge: Quote me.

That's it, quote me sneering at immigrants. If you do, I'll tip my hat to you.

What makes me feel big and clever is replying to such a moronic post.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

So, let's watch this. A campaign One Britain One nation has an anthem. The video about this one nation starts with mentioning there isn't actually one nation but 4 separate nations. That's less than a second in. The tune starts, and it brings me right back to the seventies of the previous century; when children's shows were low budget and you could see and hear it. Cute how they sing about their great wars and show pictures of the people who they fought against through the ages, I'm kind of expecting a nazi-flag in this sequence. Someone else probably has noted that Scots are a bit ambguous about the whole united forever part of 'united forever'. Oh and from there on it's rinse and repeat.

Britons you can rest assured; this anthem will unite you. I'm not quite clear on what it will unite you in.
    Congratulations America

My god that is pathetic "keep sneering at immigrants trying to tackle racism and division"

Ok, here's my challenge to you. It's a simple challenge: Quote me.

That's it, quote me sneering at immigrants. If you do, I'll tip my hat to you.

What makes me feel big and clever is replying to such a moronic post.
    OK here you go, sneering at Mr Singh:
    "Strong Britain, great nation" clearly is a reference to opposing racism and uniting people from different races.

I see that now. "
    One Britain One Nation " wouldn't fit that bill.

edit: Wait, your
    Department for Education consists of one immigrant?

There's so much about Britain I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    So, let's watch this. A campaign One Britain One nation has an anthem. The video about this one nation starts with mentioning there isn't actually one nation but 4 separate nations. That's less than a second in. The tune starts, and it brings me right back to the seventies of the previous century; when children's shows were low budget and you could see and hear it. Cute how they sing about their great wars and show pictures of the people who they fought against through the ages, I'm kind of expecting a nazi-flag in this sequence. Someone else probably has noted that Scots are a bit ambguous about the whole united forever part of 'united forever'. Oh and from there on it's rinse and repeat.

Britons you can rest assured; this anthem will unite you. I'm not quite clear on what it will unite you in.
    It is low budget, its a grassroots campaign to unite people of all races together to feel pride and togetherness in their country.

It will probably unite people into thinking its a bit naff then moving on for most people. For those who have an allergic reaction to the Union Jack though it seems to be getting a different reaction. Amusing that you think that singing about "so many races" coming together makes you think "Nazis". Because when I think of races being united and treated with respect, I don't think Nazis - but to listen to people like you treating others with respect is basically singing Your Future Belongs To Me.