Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clown Circus

I like to think that we are all, in our own way, Sue Gray.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

We are all wrong then because I am not little...
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Even the neutered report is devastating:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...s_-_Update.pdf

There's a high likelihood of the other 12 events purportedly being investigated by the Met never being reported on in any significant detail, in any official report. I hope—and think—details of those events will then leak out over the course of several months. Not sure whether that would be good or bad for the Tories, but this whole situation is bad for voters and for democracy. What an utterly disgraceful government.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

MPs need to push for the full report to be released, if not the public then to MPs themselves.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Posted at 17:4217:42

Police investigation 'won't take longer than a year'

More lines now from the Met Police commander leading its investigation into parties, which Boris Johnson repeatedly urged MPs to wait for when facing tough criticism in the Commons earlier.
    The Met has been handed more than 300 photos, Commander Catherine Roper told the media.
    She also said:

• Her team would start contacting people soon to ask them questions and expected that people would "tell the truth"
    • The investigation will not last "more than a year" and she wants to fast-track it
    • The police asked Sue Gray to hold back information on events they are looking into because it would otherwise make it harder to interview people and have them provide "their account from their own memory"
    • Police officers on duty at Downing Street could be questioned if appropriate

Fucking lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60147988
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

In the last 24 hours Boris' strategy has been:

1. To shout BREXIT hoping to reignite old binary arguments
    2. Accuse Starmer of protecting Jimmy Saville
    3. Accuse the labour front bench of taking drugs.

Desperate, transparent stuff. He's got absolutely nothing.

He corrupts and taints everything and everyone he comes into contact with. A man that will, hopefully, soon disappear for the rest of his sorry, disgusting life and never interfere with public life again.

I keep checking to see if RB is back to defend him.

Would he, still?

Oof:

Yeah, Theresa May made that clown Foreign Secretary. She needs to sit the fuck down.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    He corrupts and taints everything and everyone he comes into contact with.
    You have it backward, gogo. He is where he is because everything is already corrupt and tainted. People in public life have known exactly who and what he is for 30 years or more, and yet still supported him in getting where he is today because they felt it would help further their grubby little schemes, or just... decided that various corrupt and incompetent things he's done prior to this one just weren't major stories. Or the Met.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Yeah, Theresa May made that clown Foreign Secretary. She needs to sit the fuck down.

Her self righteous attacks from the back benches hold no credibility given she introduced him to government.

You have it backward, gogo. He is where he is because everything is already corrupt and tainted. People in public life have known exactly who and what he is for 30 years or more, and yet still supported him in getting where he is today because they felt it would help further their grubby little schemes, or just... decided that various corrupt and incompetent things he's done prior to this one just weren't major stories. Or the Met.
    Pfft, whilst you're probably right, you're skating dangerously close here to portraying him as some kind of victim. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post

Her self righteous attacks from the back benches hold no credibility given she introduced him to government.
    Think his ascension to govt was a foregone conclusion at that point, tbh, given the role he'd played in Brexit, and his popularity both within the party as well as among the public.

Pfft, whilst you're probably right, you're skating dangerously close here to portraying him as some kind of victim. Fuck that.
    A parasite isn't a victim, but the one who deliberately nurtures it for personal gain—at the expense of others' well-being—may be more culpable for the damage it does than the parasite itself

These clowns are the least of UK's worries right now. US is pounding the mushroom cloud drum again using Russia this time to rationalize increased military spending around the world. If the US is successful, NATO allies will be expected to pony up their full 2% GDP and when Trump is reelected in 2024 that will jump to 6% so you all can catch up from prior years slackery.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

okay

official No. 10 photographer handed over evidence showing Boris Johnson committing the crime of drinking Estrella, Met now investigating:

The Official Photographer was officially taking official photographs at the illegal party held in the official residence of the prime minister, who made parties illegal, but this story somehow only broke several months later? The fuck is this shit?

Alright, I'm in a simulation. I get that now. Whoever or whatever is running it, please turn it off - it's getting too stupid now.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Btw I duno if y'all heard but Brexit has officially created a job now. Not gonna post about it but strongly encourage everyone interested in Brexit to read up on Jacob Rees-Mogg's new job

Guto Harri calling for help:

lmao just an asshole state:

I really need to know who this Tory MP is.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I really need to know who this Tory MP is.
    He's a right wanker innee

It just ended up being some guy I've never heard of. Boring.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It's a stock image used in the DM article and is labelled as such. The DM doesn't present it as a photo of whatever this allegedly infringing event was, and Dorries didn't pick the images that accompany the link preview when she was posting it.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/k...gate-j7flbzv2n

Friends of Starmer said that he had been blindsided by the intensity of the media and political pressure over the affair.

“It is almost beyond his imagination,” one said. “The content of the stories may be ridiculous but when they are weaponised by the Tory machine the impact is lethal.”
    Apparently, Sir Keir has been living under a rock for *checks notes* all my adult life (at least) if this behaviour is news to him.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/k...gate-j7flbzv2n

Apparently, Sir Keir has been living under a rock for *checks notes* all my adult life (at least) if this behaviour is news to him.
    Tories are having a field day pinning the revelations on Corbynites displeased with Starmer

I had nothing to do with that.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Can't get my head around just how comically corrupt the UK govt is. I keep thinking things will settle down and they immediately say or do something just absurdly fucked up. Why aren't these mfers in jail? How are they still in office? How do they manage to put their pants on in the morning without fatally injuring themselves?! Every single one of these venal idjits seem to have attended the RandBlade School of Law and Governance. jfc