Thread: The Clown Circus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Absolutely entertainment gold y'all. I love the situation. If a bunch of people died to Covid I'll get bash liberals for killing people off for their political protests, if a bunch of people don't die from Covid we'll know that its time to open back up everything.
    So if and when a bunch of people die to Covid you're going to insist it's because thousands protested rather than million resuming their normal face-to-face routines Despite the data showing the numbers climbing as state reopened well before the protests started.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You haven't been paying attention if you think the purpose of this is police brutality. That's the theoretical reason, but the laundry list of demands that various protest groups have been making are pretty far afield from police brutality. People are using the original reason for a variety of agendas.
    You mean like your demand to abolish all unions?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    So if and when a bunch of people die to Covid you're going to insist it's because thousands protested rather than million resuming their normal face-to-face routines Despite the data showing the numbers climbing as state reopened well before the protests started.

You mean like your demand to abolish all unions?
    1. State re-opening still have restrictions in place.
    2. Even in places where most restrictions are gone, individuals and businesses are taking common sense precautions like asking customers to wear masks, cleaning surfaces more regularly, avoiding high repeat touch interfaces.
    3. LF given what you've seen on the news, the crowds that aren't social distancing and in a lot of cases no masks or clear improper use of masks. Do you think people will die from the protests? And if so how many minorities are you OK with dying during these protests?

To your other comment...

I have *never* suggested all unions be abolished. I have particular ire for government unions and have no problem with voluntary grouping of people. Of course as always I'm not a hypocrite, voluntary grouping of people be they business owners or people in the labor market to set price for the good or service they are providing for should be free from government intrusion.