Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clown Circus

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    OK here you go, sneering at Mr Singh:

"Strong Britain, great nation" clearly is a reference to opposing racism and uniting people from different races.

I see that now. " One Britain One Nation " wouldn't fit that bill.

edit: Wait, your Department for Education consists of one immigrant?

There's so much about Britain I don't know
    That's not sneering at Singh you imbecile. You can blame me for sneering Randblade trying to deflect criticism towards the Department for Education as 'sneering at immigrants trying to tackle racism and division and build something positive instead'

But, ok, if that's how you want to play it, I am allowed that as well. I'm not bigger or more clever than you. Apparently the content doesn't matter, the prefix determines the post.

So here's you advocating deporting all immigrants
    It will probably unite people into thinking its a bit naff then moving on for most people. For those who have an allergic reaction to the Union Jack though it seems to be getting a different reaction. Amusing that you think that singing about "so many races" coming together makes you think "Nazis". Because when I think of races being united and treated with respect, I don't think Nazis - but to listen to people like you treating others with respect is basically singing Your Future Belongs To Me.
    I feel it's kind of hypocritical for you to be up in arms about a little sneering while advocating to deport all immigrants.

Especially when some of them are trying to tackle racism and division and build something positive
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Except the Department for Education isn't behind this, Kash Singh is. The DfE just linked to his project that he has been running for eight years.

So yes your supposed sneering at the DfE and conceited remarks about how the "Department for Education consists of one immigrat" is actually sneering at Kash Singh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"Department for Education consists of one immigrant" is actually sneering at Kash Singh.
    Listen, you do not get to decide at who my sneering is directed. That's my jurisdiction.

But you got what you wanted, misdirection by crying: you hate immigrants trying to tackle racism and division and build something positive!

Boris taught you well. Altogether now!

"Stroooooooong Britain, great nation
    Strong Boris, great Furher
    Strong Brexit, great future
    Strong strawman, great distraction"
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Boris had nothing to do with this song. Its by Kash Singh, not Boris Johnson, not the Department for Education.

But I guess your literacy isn't very good if you can't tell the difference.

For the final time, I think its naff.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Boris had nothing to do with this song. Its by Kash Singh, not Boris Johnson, not the Department for Education.
    I brought Boris in because of your misdirection, not because of the song.

But I guess your literacy isn't very good if you can't tell the difference.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

In the course of pursuing an affair with his married aide, Hancock may have broken lockdown rules:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

This story; the affair, the rule breaking, the hypocrisy, the zero consequences; nothing better represents current British values.

We ask children to sing about "British values", then a few days later, this.

Everyone who voted for an enabled these awful people should be ashamed of themselves. The country is an immoral, embarrassing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    This story; the affair, the rule breaking, the hypocrisy, the zero consequences; nothing better represents current British values.

We ask children to sing about "British values", then a few days later, this.

Everyone who voted for an enabled these awful people should be ashamed of themselves. The country is an immoral, embarrassing joke.
    I kinda feel for the hopeless men who've foolishly staked their own dignity on these corrupt and faithless chancers. Still holding out for a resignation or a dismissal—preferably after his defenders have finished explaining why there's no reason for him to resign or to be fired

There's been a lot of commentary about how cringe the video is—typically by people who are unaware that that's how they also look when hugging and smooching their boo—but very little on the security aspect. If that video was leaked without official authorization, that's a major security issue. I imagine any number of MPs are, er, concerned. Er, about the security issue.

In other news, NAO critical of NHS T&T blunders:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0c101fc857eeb

(this article appears to be a bit sloppy though)

More interested in the contracts he's been handing out to his mates on the DL than his affair, but I assume that's not going to get major play because Tories (of all party affiliations) will just look at that and go 'hmm, yes, this is appropriate behavior for a minister' while nodding sagely.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    More interested in the contracts he's been handing out to his mates on the DL than his affair, but I assume that's not going to get major play because Tories (of all party affiliations) will just look at that and go 'hmm, yes, this is appropriate behavior for a minister' while nodding sagely.
    The affair, ofc, also involves paying his mates from the public purse after all, he did hire his college friend and lover for a £15k/2wk/y job.

Dear holy shit, what does this guy have on them
    ha ha
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Hancock has resigned.

Johnson has his scapegoat.

Hancock has resigned.

Johnson has his scapegoat.
    Stay tuned for many more stories of corruption, betrayal, and failure anyway, good for Hancock... this will let the useless turds dudes who've gone all in on defending him save what little dignity they have left.

F
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Rumors on the Twittershere that it was Carrie's ex, who now works at the Sun, that leaked the video so that Carrie could get Sajid Javid back into the cabinet.

And hapless Johnson, with his full support behind Hancock, stuck in the middle.

Clown circus.

Good riddance to Hancock.

Trying to tell everyone that they can't live their own lives, months after deaths stopped - only to be breaking the rules himself. It was ridiculous.

Rumors on the Twittershere that it was Carrie's ex, who now works at the Sun, that leaked the video so that Carrie could get Sajid Javid back into the cabinet.

Clown circus.
    This is good for Johnson, because it gives him a face saving way to have Hancock leave which isn't an implicit admission of the truth of the allegations Cummings has been making.

I wonder if Cummings will continue dropping screen dumps of WhatsApp messages etc and attacking Johnson's government, or if the purpose of this entire circus was really just to get Matt Hancock fired. If so, I have to grudgingly admire how petty that is.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Cummings is furious he's been replaced by Javid.

This is good for Johnson, because it gives him a face saving way to have Hancock leave which isn't an implicit admission of the truth of the allegations Cummings has been making.

I wonder if Cummings will continue dropping screen dumps of WhatsApp messages etc and attacking Johnson's government, or if the purpose of this entire circus was really just to get Matt Hancock fired. If so, I have to grudgingly admire how petty that is.

Clown circus.
    I don't know what's more comical—how corrupt Hancock is, or how thoroughly Gove's dreams keep getting dashed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-contract.html

It's weird how someone so corrupt and incompetent inspired so many useless dudes to come to his defense at every opportunity. But I guess even losers figure out when to cut their losses—eventually.

Of course he had to go, just because via the vaccination program Britain has had the second-best Covid response in the world besides Israel doesn't justify stripping away civil liberties from people months after the emergency ended, while ignoring those rules himself.

One interesting thing to note with Javid's appointment is just how many of the current Cabinet now are children of immigrants. The vaccine minister Zahawi is himself an immigrant, while the Treasury, Home Office, FCDO and Business are all headed by the children of immigrants. The PM himself was born overseas and is the grandchild of an immigrant.

At the least though thanks to this scandal it should be the final nail through the heart of the Cult of Lockdown supporters. Those cultists who have continued to support lockdowns months after excess deaths were eliminated which I've been railing against should with Hancock gone hopefully find little succour as people decide enough is enough and these cultists need to be told where to stick it if they wish to strip away our civil liberties any longer.

The NHS exists to protect the public, not the other way around.

The NHS exists to protect the public, not the other way around.
    Eurgh. This is a silly phrase for silly people who listen to Talk Radio and are more upset by lockdown being extended by 4 weeks than the cataclysmic incompetence and moral vacuum that lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Never listened to TalkRadio but the Lockdown being extended months past the point excess deaths stopped is absolutely the worst and most illiberal mistake of this entire pandemic by far. Taking away civil liberties should only ever be the last resort and we haven't been at that last resort for months.

There's also fates worse than just death. 600,000 people die per year on average, close to a million people will have died from natural causes during lockdown without being able to see their loved ones. How many will have seen dementia worsen or get dementia and be lost without dying over the same period? People have lost the last year of their lives without their family, people who will never get that time back with their families and friends. Those in care homes were double-vaccinated many months ago but have been locked away for over a year without seeing their loved ones - and keep in mind that the median life expectancy of someone going into a care home is less than a year. Even now care homes are quite like prisons where people are dying with only the staff to hold their hands not their families. These are just healthcare issues without considering the economic consequences.

We have lost all perspective over Covid and for what? To artificially perhaps "save" a few thousand lives while stripping away tens of millions of people's civil liberties.

In hindsight, the Swedes called this right and we called this wrong. Locking down during the peaks was the right thing to do, but in hindsight what we see across the world is that in nations without draconian restrictions people lockdown voluntarily during the peaks as they get scared, the more vulnerable lock themselves down harder, but then people unlock as they feel safe to do so - and instead we're keeping double-vaccinated people locked away from families when the virus isn't killing anyone significant. It is a disgrace.

Incidentally its worth thinking that the NHS via NICE typically measures the Potential Years of Life Lost in measuring health impacts of potential treatments. If a potential treatment like aducan'tumab or others can't be shown to save potential years of life then it won't be authorised. Lockdown now is every bit as much a disgrace as the FDA's response to aducan'tumab.

Quantitatively we've lost 1.25 years in lockdown so far for 67 million people. 67 million * 1.25 = 84 million years of life lost.
    We have excess deaths of less than 120k. Supposedly the average years lost on average for them is 10 (though that's a mistake and its considerably lower than that) = 1.2 million years of life lost.

Even if you only look since March when excess deaths dropped to below zero, when the vulnerable were all vaccinated by then, we've lost more years of life since March than we have from the pandemic. EDIT: Indeed we've lost more lives since March than we have excess deaths since the pandemic began.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 06-27-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Absolutely disgusting policy whose only purpose is to appease and sustain xenophobia for electoral benefit. These detention centers tend to be plagued by abuse and suffering. The UK struggles to regulate (or, rather, strives to prevent regulation of) domestic detention centers; this govt. will undoubtedly fail the asylum seekers it sends off to any offshore detention centers, and probably do so far more cruelly than eg. the Australian govt. has. Nothing but contempt for these shit-eaters and the worthless, cowardly, racist cretins who defend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Absolutely disgusting policy whose only purpose is to appease and sustain xenophobia for electoral benefit. These detention centers tend to be plagued by abuse and suffering. The UK struggles to regulate (or, rather, strives to prevent regulation of) domestic detention centers; this govt. will undoubtedly fail the asylum seekers it sends off to any offshore detention centers, and probably do so far more cruelly than eg. the Australian govt. has. Nothing but contempt for these shit-eaters and the worthless, cowardly, racist cretins who defend them.
    Interesting that you once again have a hard-on for criticising the UK for doing exploratory talks with Denmark about what the Danes are doing, which has been done successfully by Australia and saved potentially thousands of lives when the Aussies did it.

I must have missed your criticism of the Danes when they announced it, which is amusing as they are your compatriots in the EU and a fellow Scandinavian country, so perhaps you could share your thoughts you shared of when the Danes agreed to do this?

Or are you just a racist, xenophobic shitbag who hates the UK and not the proposal to stop people trafficking and save lives?

Also did you miss the tragic news about the recent finding of bodies from people who have yet again died attempting this incredibly dangerous journey from the EU to the UK? What about the EU makes it such a third world shithole that people need to die fleeing it? Stopping these journeys will save lives, why do you find saving lives problematic?

Are you new to politics or just naive?

The PM being said to have confidence in a Minister, days before he gets sacked "resigns" is old as time.

Plenty of Malcolm Tucker and other jokes about it long before Boris became PM.

Its just like in football a club's Board giving the Manager a "Vote of Confidence".