Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clown Circus

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Disgruntled fired ex-employee lashes out.

The amusing circus part will be seeing all the people who twelve months ago thought that Cummings was the worst person in the world, now arguing that he is some wise sage who should be listened to.
    Or, you know, still think he's a terrible person and not trust him, but be interested in what he says because he was there and knows all the dirt. Of course only believing allegations that are corroborated by others, since I didn't trust him before and still don't. I suppose you trust him though, right? I'll bet that some of these allegations will be more believable than, say, testing your eyes by driving to a castle with your family.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The amusing circus part will be seeing all the people who twelve months ago thought Cummings was a bastion of truth, now arguing that he's a disgruntled fired ex-employee with grudge against the PM and can't be trusted.

I'm not sure I recall anyone saying he was a "bastion of truth". Just that the law wasn't broken last year, which is what Durham Police themselves confirmed.

But its funny seeing people scraping the barrel trying to find something to whinge about, when the fact is that the UK today thanks to its vaccine rollout, has the best Covid19 situation of any major country on the planet. The public can see that things are going well and all the bullshit about wallpapers or any other crap is just meaningless bullshit that will only find interest for those who are extreme partisans or the likes of the Daily Heil.

To put things in context the UK while having eliminated Covid pandemic is fretting about some wallpaper meanwhile

The head of the EU believes her priority is who gets to sit on a sofa first rather than the 1000s of her citizens dying each day

The French Army is making noises about why it might be better if it ran the country instead of the President

https://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/la...tique-20210426

I think I'll stick with the wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    With the caveat that Boris Johnson is a colossal piece of shit and anything bad that happens to him is a priori both extremely good and very funny, when there's, like, four leaks in close succession in British politics it's pretty clear that someone's got a bone to pick.
    I've just assumed it's Gove and his allies trying to destroy the monster they've created in the hope of taking his place.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

If Boris goes there's not a chance Gove will be the successor.

My money (literally) is on Sunak. I win £5000 if he's next Prime Minister (I backed him £20 at 250/1).
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I can't see why Boris will go. The British public knew he was a nasty piece of lying shit before they voted him in, and I can't see why stuff like this would make any difference in how much they admire him.

He'll continue in his optimistically jovial and "witty" way, and people will lap it up.

This and a feeble opposition makes him untouchable, and he knows it. He can get away with anything he wants.

I'm not sure I recall anyone saying he was a "bastion of truth".
    You believed he drove to Barnard Castle on his wife's birthday with his young son in the car to test his eyesight, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I can't see why Boris will go. The British public knew he was a nasty piece of lying shit before they voted him in, and I can't see why stuff like this would make any difference in how much they admire him.

He'll continue in his optimistically jovial and "witty" way, and people will lap it up.

This and a feeble opposition makes him untouchable, and he knows it. He can get away with anything he wants.
    Well, they don't call him the English Trump for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Indeed. I think he's worse than Trump though. Johnson is smart, capable and tactical; but doesn't have the moral compass to make him a good man. The potential is there, but it's lost in his selfishness, laziness and the silly "Boris" persona he created for himself in order to be popular.

Trump has no potential. He's just thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Nobody sane calls him that at all.

gogo - What I said is that if I'd been off the road for a while, then I think a short drive before a long drive is a very, very good idea. In Cricket there's the concept called "getting your eye in".

Anyway the whole storm in a teacup right now is frankly embarrassing for what silly, trivial bullshit it is. There's some tragic and real news in the world right now to be reporting: In India we see people dying in record numbers with hospitals turning people away as they've got no oxygen, in the European Union there's literally thousands of bodies per day still because they failed to procure vaccines choosing penny pinching over procurement and investment, in the USA they're getting things under control but are running into a wall in some states of people refusing the vaccine . . . in UK we have the best the vaccine rollout of any major economy, deaths have been eliminated, but the news is that the PM may have used some colourful meeting months ago in a private meeting while frustrated?

What a sad joke. There's no real negative news in the UK so people are having to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to try and tarnish things rather than just admit an excellent job has been done here and look to the future with confidence.

If people had any self-respect they'd be asking more serious questions instead like "now that the UK has eliminated Covid deaths what can we do to help less fortunate nations like India that are getting hit hard?" Not gossiping about he said/he said bullshit from 8 months ago.

So did you believe him or not?

So did you believe him or not?
    Believe who on what sorry? Couple of strands going on there.

Believe who on what sorry? Couple of strands going on there.
    Ah. I wondered if you thought DC was telling the truth when he said the reason he drove 60 miles to and from a popular tourist attraction on his wife's birthday with his young son in the back was to test his eyesight.

I can believe it was a factor, yes. I'd have done similar in his shoes. Though I also thought it was a rather silly story in the first place, though nowhere near as inane as the myopic nonsense the media is going on about today.

Indeed. I think he's worse than Trump though. Johnson is smart, capable and tactical; but doesn't have the moral compass to make him a good man. The potential is there, but it's lost in his selfishness, laziness and the silly "Boris" persona he created for himself in order to be popular.

Trump has no potential. He's just thick.
    True—Johnson is more intelligent in a number of ways, and obv has more political & executive experience. Both have a knack for exploiting the weaknesses of an ignorant, stupid, and bigoted polity—and the corrupt chancers that represent them. And both are, of course, lacking in character.

Ah. I wondered if you thought DC was telling the truth when he said the reason he drove 60 miles to and from a popular tourist attraction on his wife's birthday with his young son in the back was to test his eyesight.
    No one would ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, believe that going for a drive to 'test eyesight' was a good idea.

Which is why it was a lie as plain as little Suzy who said no mommy I didn't eat the cookies, when there is an open cookie jar beside her, a half-eaten cookie in her hand, and chocolate chips all around her little mouth.

The difference between little Suzy and Cummings is that little Suzy doesn't yet know any better.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I can believe it was a factor, yes. I'd have done similar in his shoes. Though I also thought it was a rather silly story in the first place, though nowhere near as inane as the myopic nonsense the media is going on about today.
    Seems like another unnecessarily complex answer to a very simple question. You don't seem to want to answer it. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    No one would ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, believe that going for a drive to 'test eyesight' was a good idea.

Which is why it was a lie as plain as little Suzy who said no mommy I didn't eat the cookies, when there is an open cookie jar beside her, a half-eaten cookie in her hand, and chocolate chips all around her little mouth.

The difference between little Suzy and Cummings is that little Suzy doesn't yet know any better.
    Well you might want to believe it if you were a Tory member. You don't, of course, but you tow the partisan line because lying and cheating is more important than having a labour government for a few years.

Seems like another unnecessarily complex answer to a very simple question. You don't seem to want to answer it. Why?
    I might have done the same in his shoes.

I might have done the same in his shoes.
    You'd put the lives of your wife and children at risk so you could test your eyesight? Jesus Christ.

You'd put the lives of your wife and children at risk so you could test your eyesight? Jesus Christ.
    No don't be silly!

I might have done a short drive before a cross country drive to get my eye in.

The saga continues:

"May" from the same partisan institution that swallowed Carole Codswallop's lies, persecuted Grimes and other Leavers for many years, handing down judgements against many Leavers that they'd broken the law during the Referendum.

Until it got escalated to a real court where it was all thrown out, every single case, and the Electoral Commission were forced to apologise and pay damages to everyone they had slandered and persecuted for years.

Big yawn.

Yesterday in PMQs Clown "Leader of the Opposition" Keir spent 6 questions banging on about wallpaper. Boris managed to passionately talk about Council Tax, Housing, Jobs, Nurses, Police and more in his answers. Oh and the fact that the ventilators that the UK bought last year, which Clown "Leader of the Opposition" Starmer chose to attack last week, were being sent to India to save lives over there.

To which Clown "Leader of the Opposition" Keir spoke about wallpaper, wallpaper, wallpaper, continuing about a week of this bollocks now.

Keir doesn't have enough presence to be a clown.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Good point!

Starmer mentioned wallpaper once, in a preamble, not a question. His questions were perfectly reasonable given the recent reports and investigations.

It's a nice try, but Johnson was awful yesterday. Waffled on incoherently, keeping the fact checkers employed, and lost his temper. Starmer's lack of wit and passion showed, but the questions were fine.

Both need to do better.

Come on even you can't believe that surely? He asked six different questions about wallpaper that the taxpayer hasn't been charged for and that the Prime Minister repeatedly said he'd paid for himself.

There's plenty of subjects he could ask about, the economy, vaccines, jobs . . . even what we could do to help India if he wanted to be a statesman instead of domestic. But no, wallpaper, wallpaper, wallpaper.

Though this is a funny suggestion on how Keir could be given a personality:

I know you wouldn't care if a Conservative PM was in an anonymous person's pocket, but others do, and it'd be nice if you respected that. Allegations have been made and Johnson and No.10 are clearly avoiding answering the direct questions.

It wasn't just about the flat. The first question was about whether Johnson said he'd rather see bodies piled high than go into another lockdown.

Yes, I would have liked Starmer to dedicate a couple of his questions on other things, but it's not something I expect, really. It's a damaging story ans they want to try and capitalise. You'd expect the same if it were the other way round.

If it makes you feel better, Starmer is an idiot for having his picture taken today in John Lewis holding wallpaper. Especially stupid when his point was that Johnson avoided meetings by choosing decor. Really stupid and shows a lack of integrity.

Edit: And the problem with "the PM said he paid for it himself" is that nobody believes him. As you said, honesty isn't his strong suit. If you make a career built on lying, even to the Queen, nobody is going to believe you when something like this comes up.

Oh wow, just seen the image of him holding wallpaper you're talking about. Global pandemic going on, 7 days to go before the biggest set of elections before the next General Election and this is what he's doing? It reminds me of the Edstone.