Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hong Kong

Aimless, even though I share your concerns about the capacity of the British government to not entirely live up to its promises, that does not mean that once these people are residents, they are voters too. And that is a significant protection all by itself.
    Trump: Lock him up.

It is indeed. What government is going to bring over potentially millions of people who are immediately eligible to vote - and then f**k them over?

Indeed I've seen some on the left suggest that the government is only wanting to bring over people from Hong Kong precisely because they can vote immediately and they think its a conspiracy because they think these are more likely to vote Tory so this is some ploy to import more Tory voters. A rather perverse and twisted response to what is going on over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

There is the little matter of the granting of residence. Having visa free travel is not enough.

The only thing that surprises me more than the UK not being more forceful in its response to China's treaty violation is the fact that offering to give residency to X million Hong Kongers (which I think is right/smart) has provoked such a typically childish outburst from the Chinese Communists.

And what forceful response the British could have afforded ?

Any bets on the PRC shutting down the British Consulate General in Hong Kong?