Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hong Kong

Easy and feasible as far as getting a visa is concerned, not cheap or free from taxation.

Health insurance in many nations would cost a lot more than £400 per year (or £625 per annum I believe it will be going up to soon) and that's without considering just how comprehensive our NHS is. Once that fee is paid it entitles people to full free NHS healthcare as if they were a citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    He's not objecting to tax. He's objecting to the amount of tax required by a government that is supposedly making it easy and feasible for HKers to settle in the UK.
    What I'm objecting to is RB being wrong and sucking at reading. Looking back on the past few years of discussions, I have spent more time and effort making RB do the basic reading and thinking required for his own posts than I have on reading anyone else's posts on this forum, because this sloppy, lazy mfer just can't seem to figure out how to read. Now, I know some people have genuine difficulties reading, but this is just sloppiness. It's embarrassing.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

I can read, you just dislike me not agreeing with you and disagreeing with you. Oh well, not everyone is a hive mind leftwinger who thinks the state should pay for everything through taxation, while apparently never levelling any taxes. You've not cited even a single thing that I've "not read".
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

From Googling it, it appears our annual healthcare levy is equivalent roughly to the average monthly premium for health insurance in the USA. So not bad value. Someone moving to the UK may need to pay 30 months up front, 2.5 years of healthcare charges . . . . but that's at what the cost of 2.5 months of premium in the USA. And our NHS is fully comprehensive too once they've contributed to it, whereas I believe most insurances in the USA are not. So yeah, could be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I can read, you just dislike me not agreeing with you and disagreeing with you. Oh well, not everyone is a hive mind leftwinger who thinks the state should pay for everything through taxation, while apparently never levelling any taxes. You've not cited even a single thing that I've "not read".
    No, RB, you cannot read. Like I said, most of our exchanges over the past few years have involved me having to guide you through your own posts and the links you've posted, in addition to everything I've written, like you're some kind of idiot. It's pathetic. In this case, you have demonstrated deficiencies in your ability to read in several ways. You've claimed that I'm against taxes, which is plainly untrue and cannot in any way be inferred by my opposition to the imposition of heavy non-tax fees on immigrants that you have invited over ostensibly in order to save them from Chinese oppression that they may need to flee. You've claimed that those fees are not burdensome because they can be spread out over many, many years, according to a Twitter thread—also untrue, because the thread says they'd have the choice between making one very large lump payment or two very large lump payments, not spread out over many many years but on two occasions in a 5 year time span. You've tried to argue that hundreds of thousands of people choose to settle in the UK under the same conditions every year, which is untrue—far fewer than 200k come even close to choosing to settle in the UK under the same conditions, and the true number is likely close to or below 100k. You've tried to claim that the conditions don't present an obstacle to working- and middle-class people, and then, shortly afterwards, acknowledged that you don't want working- and middle-class people from other countries to settle in the UK. You've claimed that the NHS is only funded through general taxation, and, upon being informed that a substantial portion of the NHS's funding is from NI—a very large part of an individual's contribution to the NHS—you've tried to pretend you weren't wrong. You are wrong. About almost everything you ever say—in any discussion—you tend to be wrong, because you can't read like a person with a functioning brain. These examples are just from this page, in this thread. The same exercise can be repeated for every single thread, but it's so fucking tiresome to have to hold your hand all the fucking time.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

I think he's simply pointing out that the offer of a path to citizenship for people from Hong Kong is literally an empty gesture as it only applies to people who could have come anyway. People who are victimized for having opinions but don't have the money can go and fuck themselves.
    Trump: Lock him up.

Seems like I can't delete posts.
    Trump: Lock him up.